GA is imbalanced

kl93c3bqbo7e.jpeg
6lup2k0rm34b.jpeg

This guy has nearly 300k gp more than me.
Where are the Stun Guns?

Replies

• Options
    Lichbane wrote: »
    kl93c3bqbo7e.jpeg
    6lup2k0rm34b.jpeg

I like how you conveniently scrolled down to hide the total GP each of you has. Which, if my math is correct, is around 2.3M GP and shows a difference of only 9 GP.
  • Options
    No he doesn’t, you are very similar, . . It’s total GP , not char only.
  • Lichbane
    222 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    jhbuchholz wrote: »
    kl93c3bqbo7e.jpeg
    6lup2k0rm34b.jpeg

I like how you conveniently scrolled down to hide the total GP each of you has. Which, if my math is correct, is around 2.3M GP and shows a difference of only 9 GP.

Because ship gp adds to the total. We’re only using characters, so it should be based on character gp. Total gp is irrelevant when it includes ship gp in a non ship gp event.

Now, if you can kindly show me where I can deploy a fleet or two, I won’t need to feedback that there’s something wrong with how it’s weighted.
    Where are the Stun Guns?
  • Options
    Yeah it's a bad matchmaking system. Should be on character GP when we don't have a ships territory
  • Options
    jhbuchholz wrote: »
    kl93c3bqbo7e.jpeg
    6lup2k0rm34b.jpeg

Because ship gp adds to the total. We’re only using characters, so it should be based on character gp. Total gp is irrelevant when it includes ship gp in a non ship gp event.

Now, if you can kindly show me where I can deploy a fleet or two, I won’t need to feedback that there’s something wrong with how it’s weighted.

Maybe next time include some of that in the original post? Nobody here can read minds (I don't think).

The matchmaking is working exactly as described and there is no imbalance in the algorithm the way there is in TW.

Which is the way your original post reads, that the algorithm is broken. And intentionally hiding information only makes it seem like you're trolling.

I'd have no problem with removing Ships GP from GA instances with no fleet component.
  • Options
    The goal of any MM algorithm is to create groups of opponents which have similar combat strength, thus creating a fair, competitive environment. When being partially determined by a completely irrelevant factor (in this instance, fleet power), combat strength becomes skewed, resulting in unfair competition. As this is how the current (fleet-less) GA is being run, it is, therefore, imbalanced - plain and simple.
  • Options
    Hey you all realize, total GP is a fake number when we only can use characters and not fleet too? You just decide to collectively ignore that? Fleet represents development and investment of a roster. This is just like TW banning all over again. They need to match by the GP available to use, which is characters. Who on earth could possibly argue it’s not the most fair match method?