Low Level Returning Player | Wants to know if I can switch shards

Hey, so I started playing this game around a year or two ago, and I stopped playing after finishing the tutorial. I returned one month ago and have been grinding. Today I learned however that I will never catch up with the top 50 of my shard who all have Jedi Knight Revan. Naturally, I want to play the game and be competitive in my own shard, and I was wondering if there would be some way I could move to another arena shard so I don't have to spend another month or two of my life getting back to the same point I am now.

I just want to enjoy the game, and not be left behind.

My swgoh.gg account: https://swgoh.gg/p/381443738/

I can give my player ID if needed for this process.
Help me CG you're my only hope.

Replies

• Can’t be done, Either grind it out, or start a new game. They do not move players to different shards
  • Why can't it be done?
  • Because the devs have stated many times they do not move players to different shards, .
  • I would still like an explanation as to why if that isn't inappropriate.
  • Simply put, if they put you in a newer shard you would have an unfair advantage over them since you played for way longer even though you didnt play for some time. You can grind your way back or start over. That depends on you.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Alternatively go all-in on pilots, unlock the ships game mode and hope to be put in a young fleet arena shard. Staying in the high ranks will still earn you a considerable crystal income.
  • crzydroid
    7255 posts Moderator
    edited January 2019
    From your account, it looks like you have no progress to lose. The only disadvantage would be if it's tied to a specific account you want.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Vanin wrote: »
    I would still like an explanation as to why if that isn't inappropriate.

They don’t want to incentivize people to take extended breaks.
  • I have noticed since my friend's started, levelling up is a lot faster too, since they introduced mod energy, which is an extra however much XP a day.
    Keyboard Warrior on the side of the Moderates
    I play the game for fun, if you don't like content, don't like the game, then why are you here?