Why am I, at 1 mio GP, paired with a 4.9 mio GP opponent?

No, it's not just character GP (although the disrepancy is even greater there. I have 600k, they have almost 3 million). Their raw GP including ships is already almost 5 times as high as mine.

From what I read, I thought the issue was that ship GP factors into the matchmaking, plus the fact that some people have deep rosters while others have a few highly developed teams. But at the very least, I expected the overall GP to be close to mine. Is this normal for the first round if your GP is still low? Are subsequent rounds closer in GP? Or is the matchmaking hopelessly broken throughout the entire event?

Replies

• Are you looking in-game or using swgoh.gg?

Go to "event rewards" on the GA screen and press their name on the list. It's the only way to be sure you're looking at the right person.
  • Are you sure you are looking at the right information? I've never seen an more than a few hundred GP above or below me and this is the first I've seen on the forums about a mismatch on total GP.

Checking in game is the best (click on rewards in GA then on the opponents name). Searching by ally code through Google or SWGoH.gg is next best. Searching by name through Google can be unreliable as some players have the same or similar names.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Screenshots and proof are wonderful things.
  • Whew. It seems I had the wrong Oberon Calad :) I suppose it's ok to mention the name since I'm not saying anything negative about them.
    You're completely right, I only looked them up on swgoh.gg and apparently there's more than one player with this name. My actual opponent is almost identical in overall GP and also pretty close to my character GP (55k more than I have).
  • Waqui wrote: »

I already admitted my mistake. But since your comment (like most of your comments, as I cannot help but notice) is a thinly veiled insult, here you go:

z4c7palm3ath.jpg

If you look up this name on swgoh.gg, you'll only find this profile:
    https://swgoh.gg/p/744231232/

Here is mine for comparison:
    https://swgoh.gg/p/385516646/

I made a honest mistake and do not appreciate being called a liar in no uncertain terms. This is my first GA, I wasn't aware of any way to look up my opponent's profile ingame, and it's hardly unreasonable to think that player names are unique in this game since you get an error message if you try to pick a name that's already chosen.

You could have done what everybody else did and tried to be helpful, but apparently, your only purpose on this forum is to attack people. In all my time here, I have never seen a single constructive comment from you. Maybe you should take some time to reflect on the fact that this forum is a place where newer players come to ask for advice, and unhelpful individuals like you do not exactly help with player retention. Maybe the forum moderators should reflect on this too.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    If you press 'Event Rewards' you will also see the list of your group of 8, and can access their profiles and rosters in game from there.
  • Waqui wrote: »

I already admitted my mistake. But since your comment (like most of your comments, as I cannot help but notice) is a thinly veiled insult, here you go:

z4c7palm3ath.jpg

I made a honest mistake and do not appreciate being called a liar in no uncertain terms. This is my first GA, I wasn't aware of any way to look up my opponent's profile ingame, and it's hardly unreasonable to think that player names are unique in this game since you get an error message if you try to pick a name that's already chosen.

You could have done what everybody else did and tried to be helpful, but apparently, your only purpose on this forum is to attack people. In all my time here, I have never seen a single constructive comment from you. Maybe you should take some time to reflect on the fact that this forum is a place where newer players come to ask for advice, and unhelpful individuals like you do not exactly help with player retention. Maybe the forum moderators should reflect on this too.

1. He said that before you admitted your mistake
    2. Getting evidence in the first place can help identify mistakes. For example, if you shown us the swgoh.gg site, people could realise faster that its just a common name.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    swgohfan29 wrote: »
    Waqui wrote: »

z4c7palm3ath.jpg

1. He said that before you admitted your mistake

Thanx :-)

• Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Waqui wrote: »

[...]

Yes, you admitted your mistake, but not until after I posted my comment. But ok, even after you admitted it, I could have chosen to post my exact same comment anyway. Yes, you made an honest mistake, but I'm quite sure, that if you would have spent just a little time trying to proove your (extremely far out) claim for yourself before posting here, you would have noticed, that your were wrong. That's why screenshots and proof are such wonderfull things :-)

Insult? Chill, dude. Have some more coffee.
    Called a liar? Who did? Are you claiming, that I did? Please point out where I did that (or else I may truly call you a liar ;-) ).
    Attack people? Did you feel attacked? Maybe it's time for you to do some reflections of your own.
    (Your comment about being constructive seems quite ironic after this.)

I wish you a better rest of the day.