Funky Wampa TM?

Firebrigade
852 posts Member
edited January 2019
So, I’m in Galactic Bounties and I have:
- Bossk with taunt and frenzy up. No Daze.
- Wampa with ~35% TM.
- Boba is up and uses Execute.
- Wampa counters, hits Bossk.

Next to move should be Bossk due to frenzy, right? Instead, Wampa goes again with Icebreaker and pretty much ends my run. Bossk comes up next with full TM, Wampa empty.

Is there something happening really fast there that I’m not catching? It doesn’t seem like Bossk is getting stunned, otherwise he wouldn’t be the next up with full TM. I assume I’m missing something but can’t for the life of me figure it out. It genuinely looks like Wampa is getting an extra turn...

Edit to change Womp to Icebreaker.

Replies

• JaggedJ
    1352 posts Member
    Did Bossk have any non daze debuffs and what did Wampa have?

The counter attack is Wampa's basic and he can gain up to 40% TM on that. Maybe that's enough to edge him passed Bossk?
  • Definitely no debuffs on Wampa since I had just used Execute, I can’t recall whether Bossk had any debuffs, just that he didn’t have daze for sure...I didn’t screenshot it because I wasn’t expecting anything out of the ordinary.

I think that very well could be a possibility I wasn’t thinking of. I thought the Wampa TM was in the 30-40% range, but definitely could be mistaken. So I guess I just lost the 100% TM coin flip then...
  • Stun, stun, stun that walking hearth rug! :D
  • Rath_Tarr wrote: »
    Stun, stun, stun that walking hearth rug! :D

Well that was the plan. I used Execute thinking it would ensure I got to Bossk for Hunting Party before he went. That failed miserably lol.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    never mess with Wampa. He Wamps
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • I don't know who all is on your team but I have found to have a lot better luck not using execute. I am usually stunning non stop and execute clears the stun and boom I get Wamped.
  • Firebrigade
    852 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Troyo wrote: »
    I don't know who all is on your team but I have found to have a lot better luck not using execute. I am usually stunning non stop and execute clears the stun and boom I get Wamped.

Bossk, Boba, Greedo, Dengar, Cad. Yes, playing for stuns.

Read above. I was using the special (Execute) to try to get to Hunting Party for another stun because the current stun had lapsed. If I used a basic, same chance of counter and Wampa would have beat me to next turn based on TM and speed anyways, and Boba’s ability block was on cooldown. Frenzy + Execute should have got me the next stun, but didn’t.
  • Jarvind
    3925 posts Member
    The Wampa gets such an insane number of turns in that mission that I basically chalk victory or defeat up to RNG. Sometimes I crush him without him ever taking a turn, other times he kills 3 of my guys before I get to do anything.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Jarvind wrote: »
    The Wampa gets such an insane number of turns in that mission that I basically chalk victory or defeat up to RNG. Sometimes I crush him without him ever taking a turn, other times he kills 3 of my guys before I get to do anything.

Yep, that’s exactly how it went for me. A few tries after this one and I took him down without getting touched. I was just trying to find a way to explain this particular series of events.