Match up disaster.

So sick of grand arena matchups. I always get paired against people with 7* full geared Treya, wampa, gk, you name it they have it. Fair pairing my eye. I have two whole wins since grand arena since it started. I am the strongest player in my guild, (leader) and we just started unlocking gk in heroic tank and not even close to heroic sith yet but farming for it. So how can I compete with players who are fully stacked and obviously sandbagging in order to keep gp low. I am just wondering if anyone else is dealing with this and how is this "comparable opponents" when it's a slaughter. Not even worth the effort or time. I haven't been given a fair shake since this crap started.

Replies

• I am curious what GP you are that you are facing Traya teams but just started farming HAAT?
  • Rath_Tarr wrote: »
    I am curious what GP you are that you are facing Traya teams but just started farming HAAT?

I didn't say we were just farming haat. I can solo haat. 3.5 mil gp combined with my fleet. We are slowly farming for heroic sith but taking forever we are 23 person guild and have clear disadvantage due to size and team limit size for wars even though when we were 25 people barely getting into wars were winning over 80% due to the top 8 people in guild being deep enough to set good defense and have the offense to back it up as a collective. Grand arena on the other hand gives the distinct advantage to players from larger guilds who have the ability to farm characters must faster.
  • I have tried setting strong defense, yet keep enough offense to compete offensively, doesn't work when your facing toons that can take out everything you have. I could understand if it was close or came down to a couple of teams, but these are distinct wipeouts on my defense and can't even get through the first set of defense of opponents. Therefore where is the fun in it or the willingness to participate when your last every time. The best I placed was second to last because I was able to beat one team and they never attacked, obviously forgot or were too busy to engage that day. Just saying the matchups suck tremendously. Lower players in my guild are getting better matchups but still say they are getting beat up more than winning.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    So you are intentionally staying in a weak guild despite the fact that it makes you less competitive throughout the game, and you are complaining that you are less competitive throughout the game.
  • Really? I am saying the gp matchup is tweaked to favor players from larger guilds due to the fact they are farming legendary characters and stacking gear twice as fast as small guilds therefore the ability to compete is hindered by gp factor alone. I am not weak by any means if that is what your trying to say sarcastically. I am saying I can't reach legendaries and gear them as fast as players that statistically can be weaker than me in gp algorithm yet be stronger in the three man format of Grand Arena due to fully stacked legendaries that I can almost beat but yet get edged out to last place in arena almost every time.
  • It's my guild. I am the leader and I am not INTENSIONALLY staying inca weak guild. I'm trying to build a guild. At one time we had 46 members and due to drop outs that lose interest or kick outs due to lack of participation we are now 23 member. You are way off base with your assumptions. Been recruiting for 6 months now and hard to get new members without guaranteeing tw to farm Wampa and HYoda. Match ups are not compatible by any other means other than gp. If you don't understand that then I don't know what to tell you.
  • Comparable. Auto correct.
  • Zyppah wrote: »
    Really? I am saying the gp matchup is tweaked to favor players from larger guilds due to the fact they are farming legendary characters and stacking gear twice as fast as small guilds therefore the ability to compete is hindered by gp factor alone. I am not weak by any means if that is what your trying to say sarcastically. I am saying I can't reach legendaries and gear them as fast as players that statistically can be weaker than me in gp algorithm yet be stronger in the three man format of Grand Arena due to fully stacked legendaries that I can almost beat but yet get edged out to last place in arena almost every time.

There’s a lot of run on sentences here so it’s difficult to understand you but I think you are trying to say that it’s difficult to beat legendaries heroes and raid characters if you don’t have them :)

Joking aside, I agree with the other posters. It’s nothing new that these types of characters are overpowered, so you’re faced with a choice of joining a guild that can do the raids (and getting those guys) or staying where you are. I wouldn’t complain about legendaries being overpowered here because this isn’t something unique to GA.

Personally, I’ve chosen to stay in guilds that aren’t farming HSTR because those guilds usually have less drama. I can’t complain about getting matched up against Traya when my GP is as high as most people in HSTR farming guilds.

I’m only posting here because I think there are genuine matchmaking problems under the current algorithm, but this isn’t one of them.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Zyppah wrote: »
    It's my guild. I am the leader and I am not INTENSIONALLY staying inca weak guild. I'm trying to build a guild. At one time we had 46 members and due to drop outs that lose interest or kick outs due to lack of participation we are now 23 member. You are way off base with your assumptions. Been recruiting for 6 months now and hard to get new members without guaranteeing tw to farm Wampa and HYoda. Match ups are not compatible by any other means other than gp. If you don't understand that then I don't know what to tell you.

I’m not making any assumptions, I’m going by what you said. You have the GP to get into a guild that does TW, gets more stars in TB, and probably does heroic sith. You are choosing not to do so because you would rather continue to lead your current guild that does not do those things. This prevents you from getting GET and g12 gear and Traya and, according to you, prevents you from completing legendary events.

Yes, the game favors people who are in full guilds with members whose rosters equal or exceed their own. It has done so since TB came out, and the devs even said back when the tank raid was released that they wanted to incentivize that over people being complacent in weak guilds. If you choose to make less competitive decisions you will be less competitive in PvP game modes. What I can’t understand is why this is so surprising to people.
  • Might also want to post a swgoh.gg profile so people can offer some advice on your roster.

Usually people that rail against GA and all of the inherent unfairness in GP related match ups have lower arena ranks, which generally (not always) correlates well with inferior mods (team comps being equal, of course).

As you're well aware, being in a guild that is not full means you're not raiding as frequently as your competition, which will limit the rate you can acquire Han and GK, though I'm assuming that you already have those characters unlocked at 3.5M GP.

Have you considered a merger, or does your need to have your own guild supersede your leadership responsibilities to your guild mates to get them to progress as far and as fast as possible?
  • We were in the works three different times for merger and they wanted to axe the bottom of our guild tossing those players to the side which was about 8 to 10 people because of their lvl. And now those players are lvl 85 and growing fast and loyal to the end. The guild voted against in on principle, not my ego I'm assuming you are referring to. Thank you.
  • You've made a choice (continuing to lead your smaller guild instead of joining a fuller one) to the detriment of your own roster. That is admirable that you wish to continue to grow with your guild and lead it to flourish, but it will prevent you from doing well in this game mode. From the matchmaking we've seen so far, it seems, at least to me, that CG is rewarding people that optimize their GP. You are choosing not to optimize it, which is fine, but you should not expect to do well in this game mode then
  • @Zyppah Sort of off topic. I sent you a message.