Epidode 9

2Next

Replies

• Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Dk_rek wrote: »
    Boo wrote: »
    Since Ep 9 is going to be the last Skywalker movie, I’m really hoping that Mr. Original Skywalker himself has some sort of appearance. I read an article where it talked about his force ghost going back and forth between Anakin and Darth Vader, like some sort of phasing, representing Kylos struggle between the light and the dark. That’d be kinda cool, although I don’t know how that’d be possible in the SW Universe (could a force ghost be both light/dark?).

What do you guys think?

I would say whatever lore or fanspeculation there is on this issue could easily go out the window.

Anakin was made from the force itself - While QGJ strayed from the traditional teachings of the Jedi for his own philosophy of the "living force" and eventually discovered this power in death, he taught this to Yoda, who then taught Obi wan.

Anakin required no training in this regard, because he was the champion of the force, created by the force itself. It was his birthright to return to the force in this manner regardless of training.

As he was the balance within the force, both light and dark - I see no reason why he could not represent Vader or Anakin as a spirit. His ability of a force ghost is beyond titles such as Jedi or Sith - he was the force personified and was a balance of light and dark.

I think we will find out in 9 that Anakin was not the chosen one to bring balance to the force...and somehow it will be kylo ren (skywalker blood) using the dark when he wants the light when he wants.... unless they change reys parents or something...

not saying its right...just what the big D will do to run with it.... I mean if 9 closes out the skywalker thing you know...KNOW there is going to be some big revelation no one sees coming that people will love or hate....and that 1-8 was just a big lead up to the person who finally brings balance back to the force.... "for a few years or something"

I certainly hope this is not the case. This Sequel Trilogy has already undermined and undone the importance of the previous films - not just in galactic power in terms of First Order replacing Empire or Snoke replacing Palpatine etc etc, but also the defamation of OT characters, such as Luke etc. all for the sake of making these new characters and story "shine".

If they now go and undo everything surrounding the Prophecy importance of Anakin's creation, fall to the darkside and redemption to the light, then that is the further "nail in the coffin" as far as Star wars goes.

I think most of the fans would be very upset if this becomes true.
  • Boo wrote: »
    Personally I would like his story built up in the continuation of TCW from when we last saw him at Sidious' mercy. How he is used to destroy the Nightsisters etc. That is a great story that needs to be addressed in the coming TCW series.

I thought it was Grievous' droid army that destroyed the Nightsisters. I assumed that Sidious used Maul to build a criminal empire and control the Hutts and other crime lords in the best interest of the Empire, which would explain his role in Solo.

ETA: At some point between Solo and Rebels, he must have done something to fall out of Sidious' graces for a second time. Maybe he took another apprentice and became once again a rival, just like he tried to do with Ezra later. Or the Emperor simply decided that Maul was no longer of use to him.

He fell out because he took Savage as an apprentice in the clone wars. Cool 3 way saber fight between Sid, Maul and Sav.

I know. That's why I wrote "for a second time". After Sidious beat him, he told him he still had a use for him, and then we saw him as a high-ranking crime lord (the leader of Crimson Dawn) in Solo. I can only imagine that this was the use Sidious had in mind.
    Personally I would like his story built up in the continuation of TCW from when we last saw him at Sidious' mercy. How he is used to destroy the Nightsisters etc. That is a great story that needs to be addressed in the coming TCW series.

I thought it was Grievous' droid army that destroyed the Nightsisters. I assumed that Sidious used Maul to build a criminal empire and control the Hutts and other crime lords in the best interest of the Empire, which would explain his role in Solo.

ETA: At some point between Solo and Rebels, he must have done something to fall out of Sidious' graces for a second time. Maybe he took another apprentice and became once again a rival, just like he tried to do with Ezra later. Or the Emperor simply decided that Maul was no longer of use to him.

I believe Sidious allowed Maul to escape - and Maul unwittingly lead the Separatists to Mother Talzin and the remaining Nightsister clan - where Motehr Talzin is killed and removed from the chess board as a threat to Sidious' rule/plan.

Dooku knew the location of the Nightsisters on Dathomir. He had previously met there with Mother Talzin to collect his new assassin Savage, his replacement for Ventress.

He fell out because he took Savage as an apprentice in the clone wars. Cool 3 way saber fight between Sid, Maul and Sav.

I know. That's why I wrote "for a second time". After Sidious beat him, he told him he still had a use for him, and then we saw him as a high-ranking crime lord (the leader of Crimson Dawn) in Solo. I can only imagine that this was the use Sidious had in mind.

Perhaps, I thought he had gone rogue after than encounter. He knew that Sids wasn't to be trusted, after being betrayed a few times. I did like seeing his development in rebels. He came across as eccentric, which would probably be a side effect of his broken mind being rebuilt by Talzin.
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member

I believe Sidious allowed Maul to escape - and Maul unwittingly lead the Separatists to Mother Talzin and the remaining Nightsister clan - where Motehr Talzin is killed and removed from the chess board as a threat to Sidious' rule/plan.

Dooku knew the location of the Nightsisters on Dathomir. He had previously met there with Mother Talzin to collect his new assassin Savage, his replacement for Ventress.

De to the cancellation of TCW - this story arc continued in comic form. This was the "use" Sidious had for Maul - drawing out the Nightsisters.

I never read the comic myself, but this is the gist of it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Darth_Maul:_Son_of_Dathomir

I hope they put this into the return of TCW when it airs again - just to round up Maul's plot line between then and when we see him in Solo.

I would also like to see what happens to him between Solo and Rebels - as he becomes quite the hermit in Rebels, very much on his own, doing his own thing.

De to the cancellation of TCW - this story arc continued in comic form. This was the "use" Sidious had for Maul - drawing out the Nightsisters.

I hope they put this into the return of TCW when it airs again - just to round up Maul's plot line between then and when we see him in Solo.

I would also like to see what happens to him between Solo and Rebels - as he becomes quite the hermit in Rebels, very much on his own, doing his own thing.

Perhaps a movie can cover those events. That I would go see.
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member

Perhaps a movie can cover those events. That I would go see.

I certainly think they could cover the comic arc in the new returning TCW series.

However Solo is very open-ended, so maybe more "Star Wars Story" movies could fill in the gaps like we discussed earlier in the thread - perhaps a Qi'Ra movie followed by an Obi wan movie, or something.

Who knows.
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Star wars : Gnemisis : FO makes contact wishing peace with the resistance rey is dispatched upon FO request. Turns out the new leader of FO is a clone of rey and secretly plotting to destroy the resistance in the end BB8 sacrifices his life to save rey and the resistance wins.
  • APX_919
    2468 posts Member
    Episode IX: VIII was a dream.

I could get behind that...
    "Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen...mostly"