Hard node Farming Strategy

SemiGod
3001 posts Member
What's ur guys' strategy to farm hard node charactors? I've been doing 4 per but my recent luck has been awful.
1/12
3/16
2/14

Replies

• There is no strategy.

1 at a time, 2 at a time, 3 at a time, 4 at a time, 8 at a time has no impact on anything other than your brain.
  • Close your eyes and let RNG have its way with you.
  • 1) refresh energy 3 times at 50 crystals each
    2) pray to RNGesus
    3) SIM it
    4) refresh node at 25 crystals
    5) SIM it
    6) refresh node at 50 crystals
    7) SIM it
    8) ???
    9) profit
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • You forgot to pray before steps 5 and 7 😜
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    mindlessly sim untill i've got them 7 stars.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Mindlessly sim+1

Looking at the results only aggravates you. You're going to have to 7* whatever it is you're farming so it really doesn't matter how good or how bad the rate is. It'll get done eventually. Just DO IT.
  • Yeah try to just sim and forget.

Agree with yourself how many crystals you’re planning to spend and just go with it.

1 refresh per day or 2 etc. All depends on what you’re earning from arenas or prepared to pay.
  • I do it 2x bud, 2x. I can tell you that it works, but its superstitious.
  • I have no problem with people having a superstitious reason for how they sim / farm. So long as they accept that it is nothing more than superstition!
  • Kluge wrote: »
    I never do more that 3 or 4 battles per sim. Avoids the 0-?? results even if I only get 1/3, 1/3, 0/2 that's better than 0/8.

But is 0/3, 0/3, 0/2 better than 0/8?

• I highly recommend to take a look at how the binomial distribution actually works. Arguing that 2x3 Sims yields better results than 1x6 is the same thing like arguing that lizard people are living in hollow earth below Antarctica
  • Fockd wrote: »
    I highly recommend to take a look at how the binomial distribution actually works. Arguing that 2x3 Sims yields better results than 1x6 is the same thing like arguing that lizard people are living in hollow earth below Antarctica

So you're sayin there's a chance?!?!?!
  • Kluge wrote: »
    I never do more that 3 or 4 battles per sim. Avoids the 0-?? results even if I only get 1/3, 1/3, 0/2 that's better than 0/8.

But is 0/3, 0/3, 0/2 better than 0/8?

For most people it is less painful because in your mind each set of sims is perceived separately. Brains are funny things.
    https://swgoh.gg/u/ionastarbound/
    Discord: Iona Starbound#5299
  • It does stink when you go 0/8, but really no different if you get the same results in two or three bursts. Generally, I sim my first cantina, LS, and DS nodes of day at three sims to get the daily done. Once I start buying my energy refills, I just sim all 8 at once. I think the best I have gotten is 6/8. Certainly, no 8/8 days. Maybe have gotten a 7/8 once.
  • Pick at least two characters (preferably one from the light board, one from the hard board), do the maximum sims of each per day (currently 8), do it every day.

Currently I’m breaking my rule a little and doing 8 a day of Xanadu Blood and IG-2000, 3 a day of Vandor Chewie, and however much of the rest I can get of Hound’s Tooth.

If you can afford refreshes, get them and do them to make the farm faster. I don’t do them, though.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Ultra
    11491 posts Moderator
    I have no problem with people having a superstitious reason for how they sim / farm. So long as they accept that it is nothing more than superstition!
    Personally, it’s less painful to look at 0/2 than 0/8
  • I farm based on toons i need or think i will need for the next legendary. If that comes to more toons than i can farm with 150 crystals worth of energy refreshes i prioritize the toons most likely needed in the near future.

I earn more than 150 crystals in arena payouts so this lets me build reserves to spend on shipment shards if necessary or buy gear if necessary for an event or meta shift.

Also part of my plan when farming toons for an event is to prioritize gearing/farming pilots in the faction. While that may mean i have a B or C team that isn't arena worthy it does help me have ships geared so i there is a meta shift in fleet i have more ships available to adapt.