Why ? Why would you blow up everything I accomplished with one ship...

Prev1
bsc249
15 posts Member
edited January 2019
When this game 1st came out, I was a very casual player for about a year and strictly F2P. Unfortunately, I made the mistake of not starting over and getting into a new shard once I started to actually care about rankings and playing everyday. Hence, when I made the commitment to play everyday, I was hopelessly behind in squad arena.

Thank god for Fleet! I started watching videos, following people, learning focused farming techniques, researched toons and ships and basically jumped with both feet into the swgoh universe. Heck, I even started spending a little cash on the game! After about a year of planning and going after the fleet that would propel me to the top, I hit the top 20 and I was really excited.

Then came HT.

Originally, I thought, that's it, I'm done... New toon, new ship, new meta... and I had been laser focused on others so I was nowhere close to getting HT. However, I quickly realized that 5* & 6* versions of that ship were beatable and since I was so focused on fleet, I was just versatile enough to quickly get back into top 20. And by quickly I mean within a week I was able to adapt new strategies with the proper synergies and within two weeks, hit top 20 again. As long as HT wasn't 7*, I could take him down. I then set my sights on HT & Bossk. After grinding away for several months, I finally got HT to 7* and with Bossk at G12, I got my 1st, #1 ranking in fleet! Woo Hoo, mission accomplished! Things were good - for about 2 months...

Now, we have HMF - not even close to the same situation...

Again, I don't have the ship and I won't be able to get it till maybe the next legendary event. You know how long those take to come around... My original fleet, which is around 440K now and has all maxed ships and pilots and HAD the speed and offense to beat ANY fleet, can't even regularly beat a 5* HT in a fleet at 370K... I've been watching the guru's run squads against HMF but I can't seem to get the same results. I've now got 9 ships with both maxed pilots and ships, and both Executrix and Chimera are maxed as are GMT and GAT. Doesn't matter, I still can't put together a squad that can reliably beat HMF. By reliably, I mean more than 50% of the time. Heck my success rate is probably closer to 25% against 5* HMF which means it no longer makes sense to spend crystals to refresh and get additional attacks. Which I happily did with my offensive minded fleet because it would drop to 20-30 every night but I knew I could daily battle my way back up to top 5 before the time zone change, 1-2 after.

This morning I found myself at 68 (sixty dam eight)... the top 50 has at least 30 HMF's and the top 20 generally has 18 fleets with HMF. In one week, I've gone from a top ranked fleet hitting 1-5 daily, before the time zone changes, to a fleet that struggles to hit top 20.

All because of the addition of a single ship?

Hounds Tooth was a great addition to fleet. It could revitalize a lackluster squad but, more importantly, It could be beaten. Hans Millennium Falcon is not that. People say they are changing the fleet meta. That's all good, but you don't blow up everything people have accomplished over the past couple years in one fell swoop.

I'm not really interested in dropping back into maybe a top 50 fleet and spending the next 6 months waiting for maybe a new capital ship that maybe I can get or maybe a reworked ship that maybe I have... All my time feels like it was wasted on this game.

Thanks EA...
Post edited by Kyno on

Replies

• So you're blaming EA for introducing a new ship we all saw coming, we had warnings, all the game changers made videos about. You claim to started watching videos and following people. Not once did they mention what you need to farm? You didn't need a maxed out g12 set of BH to get him. From the looks of it, it was a very easy legendary to get.
    You should know meta never stays the same, yes fleet meta takes a lot longer to change but it does.
    The only person you have to blame is yourself for not accepting change is coming and reading the signs.
    "You feel like all your time was wasted on this game"? You seemed to have been happy and enjoying yourself when you were winning.
  • How does it blow everything up? Did you lose progress on all of the toons/ships that you were working on? Did they actually explode? I’d be upset about that too.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    it's almost as if new ships/chars change the meta
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Come on everyone. This poor lad just identified what almost all of us have felt as we suffered through our first rapid meta shift. I remember when CLS was thrown aside for JTR several Decembers ago thinking similar thoughts of despair and apathy towards the game. Or even when Ships 2.0 was foisted upon us, giving a great advantage to people that loved Geonosians for whatever reason.

The first meta shift is the hardest OP, and not being able to attain the same levels of prior success through a one can be disheartening if you don't make peace with it. I have an account that's been running zEP for almost a year now (what value!!) and had been happily competing at the top of arena until Revan's arrival but hasn't really sniffed the top 20 in months.

You seem patient. If you still enjoy the game, you know the path you must walk. Farm those Bounty Hunter ships (which are pretty decent in their own right). Your time in the limelight will come again.
  • So for two months you were able to hit top 5, sometimes first, and now you’re mad the meta changed?

Do you always expect to be in first? You’d be sorely disappointed if that’s the case...
  • Do you always expect to be in first? You’d be sorely disappointed if that’s the case...

It's quite possible if you're focused and flexible. Even without spending. Fleet is a small subset and metas may shift, but are rarely whole new fleets. Yeah the Falcon is a big bad ship, but it's not invincible, and more importantly it's a litmus test for fleets because to really maximize it you need to be rebel heavy - something that hasn't been meta for quite a while.
    Ally Code 766-465-766 swgoh.gg/u/trystansr/collection/
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    You focus on fleet arena. You had a steady crystal income from your top ranks in fleet arena. With the initial 50 shards from the marquee event, you only needed 95 more IG-2000 shards. You could easily afford the two daily refreshes to have 24 battles a day, which would reward you with approximately 8 shards a day. Even if you didn't start farming IG-2000 until the january 9th very clear hints of the requirements, you would easily have been able to farm IG-2000 to 5* and unlock your own HMF. Now, one question remains unanswered: Why didn't you? You sure must have had a good reason, since you focus so much on fleet arena.
  • New meta toons are fine. You expect your big dog to eventually grow old and retire. However, introducing the most powerful ship that is also top 10 speed, top 10 (health+prot), and far and away provides more bonuses to allies than any other ship is just ridiculous. Wait, I'm not done... Add to that, it dispels debuffs and even more ridiculous you can't attack it and there is only 1 ship that can dispel that ability?!?

No, I did not lose anything. No, I never thought I was gonna be top 5 forever. I did expect to stay relevant, which inside of ONE WEEK I am now not. Yesterday, I didn't even get to top 20 and as more people get "she may not look like much " maxed, I will struggle to get inside top 50 despite the fact that my fleet is 50K-80K better than them.

That's not meta, that's just stupid.
  • bsc249
    15 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Waqui wrote: »
    You focus on fleet arena. You had a steady crystal income from your top ranks in fleet arena. With the initial 50 shards from the marquee event, you only needed 95 more IG-2000 shards... Now, one question remains unanswered: Why didn't you? You sure must have had a good reason, since you focus so much on fleet arena.

Oh Thank You! Yea, I didn't realize I could get HMF with only IG-2000!!! WoW that is my bad, I guess I wasted all that time upgrading IG88 , Cad Bane & Xanadu Blood. Who woulda thought 3 other BH pilots, gear, ships and ship abilities weren't necessary...

If I ever got 8 shards a day it was a great day. I do rebuy attempts twice. If I get 6, (that's a 25% success rate for you math illiterates), it was a good day! Who the heck hits shards at a 33% success rate?!?

No one, not even god can pull a 33% success rate from their rng...
  • bsc249 wrote: »

Oh Thank You! Yea, I didn't realize I could get HMF with only IG-2000!!! WoW that is my bad, I guess I wasted all that time upgrading IG88 , Cad Bane & Xanadu Blood. Who woulda thought 3 other BH pilots, gear, ships and ship abilities weren't necessary...

If I ever got 8 shards a day it was a great day. I do rebuy attempts twice. If I get 6, (that's a 25% success rate for you math illiterates), it was a good day! Who the heck hits shards at a 33% success rate?!?

Ignoring the over-reaction....

His point was that as someone who was fleet focused, it was a pretty safe bet that at least Boba and HT were at least 5*. Probably XB as well (something you've confirmed). Meaning all you had to worry about was IG.

~30% has been shown to be the drop rate over a very, very large data set (using that same math you touted).
    Heck if you did 24 attempts a day (8 free, 2 node refreshes) starting a mere week before the event, you'd have about 100 shards by the time the event ended. More than enough to get your own 5* HMF.
    Ally Code 766-465-766 swgoh.gg/u/trystansr/collection/
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Don't blame it on the ship that you can't take top spots anymore, that's largely your own fault.
    However, it's still cool if you want to sith on the ship because you think it's OP.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    bsc249 wrote: »
    You focus on fleet arena. You had a steady crystal income from your top ranks in fleet arena. With the initial 50 shards from the marquee event, you only needed 95 more IG-2000 shards... Now, one question remains unanswered: Why didn't you? You sure must have had a good reason, since you focus so much on fleet arena.

33% is the expected drop rate. I do all my panic farming math based on it and it hasn’t let me down yet.

Wow. At first, I thought maybe you were just blowing off some steam, but you're actually amping up. It's like watching my toddler work herself into a an absolute fit over something. Some important dates:

10/21 - HT moves to hard node farm
    11/29 - XB moves to hard node farm.
    12/05 - IG-2000 moves to hard node farm.
    1/5 - SG Crumb issues puzzle.
    1/6 - Community solves puzzle, indicating HMF is inbound.
    1/9 - SG Crumb identifies unlock requirements for HMF
    1/17 - Event starts
    1/25 - Event ends

95 shards for a 16 and 20 energy hard node farm. Even at a 25% drop rate. Even if you waited until confirmation of the event, you needed 95 shards each / 6 shards per day = 16 days!! Just the amount of time they gave us.

But wait, there's more! What would that cost? 16 * 24 = 384 energy for IG + 20 * 24 = 480 energy for XB = 864 energy. Hmmm, how can we get that much energy? We get 240 from the refresh timer, 135 from bonus, that's 375, so we need to make up 865 - 375 or 490. Well, we'll roll the dice and buy 480 additional energy for 250 crystals and hope those 8 attempts we missed don't bite us. We are estimating a 25% drop rate after all when 33% is commonly accepted, but local variations are a thing. We also need to spend an additional 150 crystals on the two refreshes (25 for the first, 50 for the second per node)

So
    • For 400 crystals per day (easily obtained if you're finishing in the top 5 in fleet)
    • EVEN IF YOU WAITED until the requirements were announced
    • AND YOU IGNORED farming those ships when they became available a month earlier
    • YOU STILL HAD ENOUGH TIME

Instead of blaming everyone else for the HMF and the way it robbed you of your hard work, you might be happier if you accept responsibility for your role in not obtaining the ship, quietly plot your ascendance, and learn the valuable lesson that meta shifts are disruptive and happen quickly, and anyone that thinks poorly of "hoarding" resources in this game is likely to miss out on such things.

FWIW - with your Bossk and I'm assuming Boba geared, you really didn't need much else to beat tier V. My IG 2000 didn't find it's way off the bench - and that's over three accounts with varying levels of BH preparedness.
  • Liath wrote: »

33% is the expected drop rate. I do all my panic farming math based on it and it hasn’t let me down yet.

This. Anything else is small sample size/confirmation bias. 33% has been well established by several dedicated people and guilds over long periods of time. And no, CG did not modify drop rates just for you or just for this event, or just because double drops are in effect or just because you did 20 sims at once, or just because you did 1 at a time. It's 33%...as it always has been for 3+ years.

In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Rebel_yell
    928 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    I understand the frustration as Jedi Revan put me in a foul mood and worse arena position. Here's the plus side, CG has been investing in ships and new metas will be identified by those youtube channels you follow. Even before HMF the Mace + galactic republic squads were starting to displace Geos and were formidable to defeat. Keep investing in your ships. Follow people who are great at theory crafting as you have been. An offensive team that can beat HMF reliably is only a few days away from discovery. Always is.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member

Ignoring the over-reaction....

His point was that as someone who was fleet focused, it was a pretty safe bet that at least Boba and HT were at least 5*. Probably XB as well (something you've confirmed). Meaning all you had to worry about was IG.

~30% has been shown to be the drop rate over a very, very large data set (using that same math you touted).
    Heck if you did 24 attempts a day (8 free, 2 node refreshes) starting a mere week before the event, you'd have about 100 shards by the time the event ended. More than enough to get your own 5* HMF.

My thoughts exactly. Thank you :-)

• Waqui
    8802 posts Member

You already confirmed, that you have a 7* HT. Since you focus on fleet arena, I assumed you already had a 7* Slave 1, and that you farmed XB from the day it became available on the hard node (early december). If you didn't, I don't see all that much focus on fleet arena after all.

Now, the question still remains unanswered:

With all your claimed focus on fleet arena, why didn't you unlock your own HMF? An answer would be helpfull.

• The question was why single ship/character make older characters useless.
    Answer is powercreep game mechanic.
    And sometimes highly imbalanced comparing to previous sets.
  • leef wrote: »
    Don't blame it on the ship that you can't take top spots anymore, that's largely your own fault.
    However, it's still cool if you want to sith on the ship because you think it's OP.

I'm normally 100% behind this sentiment, but **** is clearly overpowered compared with currently available ships. My shard top 10 is now the 8 of us who got it just shuffling around each other. I haven't been beaten by a non-**** fleet yet and mine is only 5*
    https://swgoh.gg/u/ionastarbound/
    Discord: Iona Starbound#5299
  • 95 shards for a 16 and 20 energy hard node farm. Even at a 25% drop rate. Even if you waited until confirmation of the event, you needed 95 shards each / 6 shards per day = 16 days!! Just the amount of time they gave us.
    • For 400 crystals per day (easily obtained if you're finishing in the top 5 in fleet)
    • AND YOU IGNORED farming those ships when they became available a month earlier

Instead of blaming everyone else for the HMF and the way it robbed you of your hard work, you might be happier if you accept responsibility for your role in not obtaining the ship, quietly plot your ascendance, and learn the valuable lesson that meta shifts are disruptive and happen quickly, and anyone that thinks poorly of "hoarding" resources in this game is likely to miss out on such things.

FWIW - with your Bossk and I'm assuming Boba geared, you really didn't need much else to beat tier V. My IG 2000 didn't find it's way off the bench - and that's over three accounts with varying levels of BH preparedness.

First: I never blamed everyone else, I blame EA and the developers for very poor planning.
    I didn't complain about HT because, it could be beaten! When HMF has its basic maxed (dispelling enemy buffs) and "she may not look like much" also maxed (dispelling allied debuffs), the ship is nearly unbeatable. Add on top of that you can't attack her, she's top 10 in speed (plus has turn meter bouses?!?) and a plethora of still other bonuses for her allies and it's just ridiculous!
    While I appreciate the 25% rate, and yea, assuming you NEVER let the resfresh timer load up and stop, the 16 day thing is still only good assuming you drop whatever it is your working on for the next shiny toy - Squirrel!
    So a month earlier I should have foreseen that BH's and their ships were gonna be needed?!? Seriously? How many ships can you farm at one time? I already had a plan working and a fleet that was cruising along in the top 5. That's exactly why I was able to go from barely able to crack top 200 to top 5, albeit in a yr and a half, but planning, focus and not getting distracted from every new toy.
    Finally, you have three accounts? I have a life and can barely complete the daily requirements and various battles on 1 account! Heck, I frequently don't have time to get all raid battles in and settle for 1-2 in a day... Yea, I saw the update for HMF but watching every day for an update... Ha!
  • cannonfodder_iv
    992 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    While I appreciate the 25% rate, and yea, assuming you NEVER let the resfresh timer load up and stop, the 16 day thing is still only good assuming you drop whatever it is your working on for the next shiny toy

If you didn't stop what you were farming to farm the new Legendary, why are you complaining about it?
    So a month earlier I should have foreseen that BH's and their ships were gonna be needed?!? Seriously?

Seriously. Many different people did.
    How many ships can you farm at one time?

Evidence would suggest 2 works pretty easily.
    I already had a plan working and a fleet that was cruising along in the top 5. That's exactly why I was able to go from barely able to crack top 200 to top 5, albeit in a yr and a half, but planning, focus and not getting distracted from every new toy.
    Time for a new plan?
    Finally, you have three accounts? I have a life and can barely complete the daily requirements and various battles on 1 account!

Dailies take 15 minutes max, and that's only because of the 10 minute squad timer. I log in two maybe three times per day on two of those accounts. One has an arena payout after everyone in the house is asleep. I don't generally raid with the two alts since time doesn't permit. Raids on the main account are Pit - full auto, HAAT - P1 then auto and HSTR P1 pay attention (5 minutes), P2 auto. TB weeks are admittedly a grind. It's really just the mod game that suffers.

• Firebrigade
    852 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    95 shards for a 16 and 20 energy hard node farm. Even at a 25% drop rate. Even if you waited until confirmation of the event, you needed 95 shards each / 6 shards per day = 16 days!! Just the amount of time they gave us.

First: I never blamed everyone else, I blame EA and the developers for very poor planning.
    I didn't complain about HT because, it could be beaten! When HMF has its basic maxed (dispelling enemy buffs) and "she may not look like much" also maxed (dispelling allied debuffs), the ship is nearly unbeatable. Add on top of that you can't attack her, she's top 10 in speed (plus has turn meter bouses?!?) and a plethora of still other bonuses for her allies and it's just ridiculous!
    While I appreciate the 25% rate, and yea, assuming you NEVER let the resfresh timer load up and stop, the 16 day thing is still only good assuming you drop whatever it is your working on for the next shiny toy - Squirrel!
    So a month earlier I should have foreseen that BH's and their ships were gonna be needed?!? Seriously? How many ships can you farm at one time? I already had a plan working and a fleet that was cruising along in the top 5. That's exactly why I was able to go from barely able to crack top 200 to top 5, albeit in a yr and a half, but planning, focus and not getting distracted from every new toy.
    Finally, you have three accounts? I have a life and can barely complete the daily requirements and various battles on 1 account! Heck, I frequently don't have time to get all raid battles in and settle for 1-2 in a day... Yea, I saw the update for HMF but watching every day for an update... Ha!

I was in your exact situation, coasting along top 5 in fleet every day, usually #1. The only difference was I read the signs, heeded the announcements, and modified my plan based on that. I dropped everything (finishing Ewoks), farmed IG and XB to 5* and got my Falcon. Now I continue to sit top 5 in fleet every day.

I see no one to blame but yourself. Fact is, you expected to be able to continue to coast. Change happens, and we have to react to it to stay on top.

ETA: I dropped everything because I recognized that fleet was my primary source of crystal income and I needed to protect that. In the long run if it cost me 7* 3PO (which it probably won’t) I’d probably be ok.
  • I use the Heroic **** in fleet arena since I unlocked it. I still get beaten plenty, even by fleets without the ****. It can be beaten, just check out some videos and see for yourself, plenty of streamers have discussed it at length, RSG, Game Changers, etc.
  • Waqui wrote: »
    Now, the question still remains unanswered:
    With all your claimed focus on fleet arena, why didn't you unlock your own HMF? An answer would be helpfull.

What up Waqui: the answer is really a simple one: I'm primarily a DS guy. I saw the info on HMF but figured it would be similar to HT: A really strong, game changing ship, but one that would be beatable with the right strategy and or synergy. I figured I would take a hit in rankings, like I did with HT, but dropping from top 5 to barely top 50?!? Come On! And its only getting worse as more people get key abilities maxed...

Since I currently have 8 (7*) ships w/maxed abilities, G12 pilots (w/3 gear pcs) and 1-3 (6*) mods, I figured I was gonna be able to adapt in short order. Since the BH's also have some good ships that I don't have yet, I figured this was as good a place as any to go.

So, my current plan is to get 5 (7*) BH's which as a bonus gets me Chewie :) They also work as pilots that I need and could then quickly move to BH ships and have them maxed for the next run at HMF at 7*. Again, I figured I would I languish in the top 20 for a bit and possibly work my way back into the top 10.

The one tip I have found to be invaluable is that having a couple maxed toons/ships is better than having many mediocre toons. And since I knew I wasn't getting a 7* HMF (and it would be close if I could even get the 5* version...) I started focusing on BH toons as opposed to ships because a ship is only as good as its pilots. Hence, I am staying the course because many of the requirements for Chewie fit towards the path to 7* HMF.

I just didn't expect EA to totally screw up by giving HMF such a ridiculous ability set and making even a 5* version unbeatable if its basic ability and "she may not look like much" abilities are maxed.
  • I see no one to blame but yourself. Fact is, you expected to be able to continue to coast. Change happens, and we have to react to it to stay on top.
    ETA: I dropped everything because I recognized that fleet was my primary source of crystal income and I needed to protect that. In the long run if it cost me 7* 3PO (which it probably won’t) I’d probably be ok.

No one ever said they expected to coast. Do you read before you comment??? If you had, you would know that I have many times said I never expected to "coast."

Drop everything? LOL I was already working on BH's and their ships. Again, try reading a few comments before making frivolous statements...
    I see no one to blame but yourself. Fact is, you expected to be able to continue to coast. Change happens, and we have to react to it to stay on top.

No one ever said they expected to coast. Do you read before you comment??? If you had, you would know that I have many times said I never expected to "coast."

Drop everything? LOL I was already working on BH's and their ships. Again, try reading a few comments before making frivolous statements...

I read everything. Every single post, all the way through. Just because you don’t like my points doesn’t mean I’m not. You continue to act offended because your old fleet isn’t doing the job any more. To me, that’s expecting to coast.

Something’s not adding up. If you were already working on BH and their ships, you should have had no problem unlocking the Falcon.

On 1/6 when the community solved the puzzle/reveal for HMF, as well as there being heavy implications that BH ships would be needed, I had a 4* 0/65 XB and 3* 0/30 IG-2000. I started farming that day and got to 5* with 6 days to spare on the event, doing only the 3x50 energy refreshes and 1x25 node refresh for each. I continued farming 3 other characters besides the ships, without issue. I’m still struggling to see your excuse.
  • If you didn't stop what you were farming to farm the new Legendary, why are you complaining about it?
    Did you not read the initial post? I'm complaingin about it because with maxed abillities even a 5* version is practically unbeatable...
    So a month earlier I should have foreseen that BH's and their ships were gonna be needed?!? Seriously?
    Seriously. Many different people did.
    Most people didn't.
    How many ships can you farm at one time?
    Evidence would suggest 2 works pretty easily.
    Maybe you can farm 2 at a time but the avg person can't. I barely have the resources for 2 refreshes a day? Where I am getting the resources for 4 refreshes a day and the energy that is needed to buy attempts for those?
    I already had a plan working and a fleet that was cruising along in the top 5. That's exactly why I was able to go from barely able to crack top 200 to top 5, albeit in a yr and a half, but planning, focus and not getting distracted from every new toy.
    Time for a new plan?
    Why? that plan already took me into top 5. How can you plan for stupidity.
    Finally, you have three accounts? I have a life and can barely complete the daily requirements and various battles on 1 account!
    Dailies take 15 minutes max, and that's only because of the 10 minute squad timer. I log in two maybe three times per day on two of those accounts. One has an arena payout after everyone in the house is asleep. I don't generally raid with the two alts since time doesn't permit. Raids on the main account are Pit - full auto, HAAT - P1 then auto and HSTR P1 pay attention (5 minutes), P2 auto. TB weeks are admittedly a grind. It's really just the mod game that suffers.
    Not really gonna disagree with ya on the dailies but watching a clock and timing energy, having to come back every 5 hrs for store refreshes, fleet battles & squad battles is more than a little time consuming.
    This was all done with a smile when the game was fair. Now its not...
    a ship you can't attack, top 10 in speed that also has a significant turn meter bonus, dispels enemy buffs, dispels allies de-buffs, calls allies to assist and grants a ridiculous amount other bonuses to allies?
    C'mon man - that sh. it just aiin't fair.

• Waqui
    8802 posts Member

[...]

I find EA's planning to be quite good. There were clear hints for everyone to see (). How do you find your own planning?
    I didn't complain about HT because, it could be beaten!

So, why are you complaining about HMF? It can be beaten as well.

CG placed some of their usual hints, which progressively hinted it more and more clear (Slave one as login character as new Bountyhunter ships became farmable, a puzzle and finally the official announcement). Many players foresaw it. Many players shared their expectations publicly. However, only you yourself can tell why - with all your focus on ships - you didn't either foresee it or simply take the chance and go with the rumors.
    How many ships can you farm at one time? I already had a plan working and a fleet that was cruising along in the top 5. That's exactly why I was able to go from barely able to crack top 200 to top 5, albeit in a yr and a half, but planning, focus and not getting distracted from every new toy.

Why didn't your plan include XB and HMF? Which ships did you farm instead - and why?

You yourself claimed to focus on ships. It was your own claim. I simply don't see all that much focus, if you didn't farm XB, when it became available (I don't know if you did or not. Originaly I assumed you did). XB has strong synergy with your 7* HT, which probably is one of the core ships in your fleet. I don't see al that much focus on ships if you didn't focus on farming IG-2000 - if not before, when there were only rumors, then at least after the requirements for HMF were officially announced.

The question still remains unanswered:
    With your claimed focus on ships, why didn't you unlock a HMF of your own?
  • Something’s not adding up. If you were already working on BH and their ships, you should have had no problem unlocking the Falcon.

Dude, stop assuming everyone here is able to visit this site every day. It's hard enough to keep up with the game much less the forums. Read my reply to Waqui, which was posted just before my reply to you - so you may have missed it.
This discussion has been closed.