Why ? Why would you blow up everything I accomplished with one ship...

2Next

Replies

• bsc249
    15 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Waqui wrote: »
    The question still remains unanswered:
    With your claimed focus on ships, why didn't you unlock a HMF of your own?

Seriously? Did you not read my reply to you directly? I fully explained why I was going after the BH's AND ULTIMATELY HMF?!? Last I checked you need to have pilots to go with those ships...

• @bsc249 Top 5 in fleet is 300 crystals. You get minimum 92 crystals per day if you do your dailies and let's say an absolute MINIMUM of 40 crystals per day for squad arena (that's 2500th place...) - that's 432 crystals per day. I already did the math above for you using your drop rate information. You had the time. You had the income. You just made a bad call and are looking everywhere but in the mirror. Perhaps a tough lesson to learn. The first one usually is.

Maybe you weren't around when CLS came out - maybe you haven't paid attention to the game's progression for the past year and a half, but for a lot of players, the efficacy of the ship is no surprise. The fact that it has defined the meta is fully expected, regardless of star count.

The history of this game is full of examples of legendary five star toons whose kits were revolutionary and meta defining - R2 ended the zMaul meta, Thrawn remains one of the most versatile toons in the game, EP post rework remained arena viable until Revan. Within the past four months we've had two new Rebels reinvigorate some old friends (Chewie and C-3PO), etc. etc.

You don't really have to come back every 5 hours for store refreshes. They're six hours apart, so you can go 11 hours and 59 minutes without accessing the game and still check every store. Say you're account resets at 10 pm - log in at 10:01 pm, check it out, drain your energy - go sleep for 11:58 minutes - the store refreshes at 4 am and stays in that status until 10am, but you woke up at 9:58 so you have plenty of time. You also miss very little, if any, free energy because the game caps at 144, which I think is 14 hours of accumulated energy.

If you're not diligent enough to do that - why would you expect to remain at the top of your fleet shard?
  • bsc249 wrote: »
    Something’s not adding up. If you were already working on BH and their ships, you should have had no problem unlocking the Falcon.

Dude, stop assuming everyone here is able to visit this site every day. It's hard enough to keep up with the game much less the forums. Read my reply to Waqui, which was posted just before my reply to you - so you may have missed it.

So again, that’s on you for not keeping up with information, not EA/CG. They put it out there in various ways at various times. Checking in here once between 1/6 and 1/11 should have given you enough time to get it done, and the official announcement was on 1/9.

Everything else I wanted to say, @Waqui pretty much nailed in his last reply.

• bsc249 wrote: »

Seriously? Did you not read my reply to you directly? I fully explained why I was going after the BH's AND ULTIMATELY HMF?!? Last I checked you need to have pilots to go with those ships...

You mean Cad Bane and IG-88? Both available from stores, and probably unlockable at what, 3 stars? It’s been so long since I unlocked them... You didn’t need them at 7* g12 to finish the event. Bossk probably could have done it on his own, you just needed the ships starred to get in the door.
  • Waqui wrote: »
    I find EA's planning to be quite good. There were clear hints for everyone to see (). How do you find your own planning?
    I had also found it to be quite good till this ship... My own planning was quite good as well. Taking a fleet that could barely make the top 200 to top 5 isn't good?
    So, why are you complaining about HMF? It can be beaten as well.
    Yea... with simply 2 abilities maxed even a 5* variety can be beaten about 10% of the time...
    CG placed some of their usual hints, which progressively hinted it more and more clear (Slave one as login character as new Bountyhunter ships became farmable, a puzzle and finally the official announcement). Many players foresaw it. Many players shared their expectations publicly. However, only you yourself can tell why - with all your focus on ships - you didn't either foresee it or simply take the chance and go with the rumors.
    again... not everyone has time to play daily and read forums daily. I'm only doing it now due to the strong feeling towards a ship that I see as unfair.
    You yourself claimed to focus on ships. It was your own claim. I simply don't see all that much focus, if you didn't farm XB, when it became available (I don't know if you did or not. Originaly I assumed you did). XB has strong synergy with your 7* HT, which probably is one of the core ships in your fleet. I don't see al that much focus on ships if you didn't focus on farming IG-2000 - if not before, when there were only rumors, then at least after the requirements for HMF were officially announced.
    By the way all of you talk about farming ships, how is it possible EVERYONE doesn't have a fleet of all 7* ships w/G12 Pilots? I'm asking b/c, Even when I was top 5 in fleet, I could only afford 2 refreshes on attempts per day. It took me a yr and half working diligently and planning which ships and pilots to go after to start moving up the ladder. 2 Refreshes per day. So I can either refresh an attempt for a ship or a ships pilot, not to mention that I also need to acquire gear for those pilots, and ability materials for the ships...
    Where do you not see the focus? I made top 5, what the heck else do I gotta do?!?
    I am currently 20 shards away from 7* XB, while recently getting CB to G12. You think that was free?!? I already explained my reasoning to you for doing that. I've enjoyed swgoh but I don't live and breathe it.
    So I don't have focus for not farming XB or I don't have focus for not farming IG2000? Which is it? Because I've been working on IG88 as much as possible since getting CB complete. Not to mention in about 3 days I should have XB done and be able to really focus on IG88 & IG2000. Which will leave me 1 toon from chewie and ready for HMF - Which as I've said before was the plan before anyone realized how dominant HMF would be.
    With the exception of HT, any other 5* ship is not gonna help any fleet worth its salt AND YET: 5* HMF dominates in fleet now?!? And unlike HT when it was released, the 5* HMF is barely beatable - again, even at 5* - when it has 2 key abilities maxed.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    bsc249 wrote: »
    I find EA's planning to be quite good. There were clear hints for everyone to see (). How do you find your own planning?
    I had also found it to be quite good till this ship... My own planning was quite good as well. Taking a fleet that could barely make the top 200 to top 5 isn't good?

Your planning was shortsighted. You expected the meta would not significantly change once you got that fleet, which ignores the history of how this game has operated.
    CG placed some of their usual hints, which progressively hinted it more and more clear (Slave one as login character as new Bountyhunter ships became farmable, a puzzle and finally the official announcement). Many players foresaw it. Many players shared their expectations publicly. However, only you yourself can tell why - with all your focus on ships - you didn't either foresee it or simply take the chance and go with the rumors.
    again... not everyone has time to play daily and read forums daily. I'm only doing it now due to the strong feeling towards a ship that I see as unfair.

Somebody who doesn't play daily has little standing to complain about the game being unfair to him. The game is designed around daily play.
    I made top 5, what the heck else do I gotta do?!?

Recognize the pattern of the game. HMF is no different than CLS or Revan. Legendary characters frequently disrupt the meta and make it difficult to stay on top for those who don't acquire them. This is done on purpose to incentivize people to get them (and to open their wallets if necessary to do so) and also to satisfy people's expectations that the most iconic characters and ships, which take a lot of effort to acquire, be reflective of their status in the lore and be worth that effort. Something that's just a little bit better but still easily beatable isn't worth the trouble that these events require.

Obviously you can just continue to complain instead, rather than looking at what you could have done differently and could do differently going forward. But if you expect them to change the whole operation of the game for you, that's probably not very realistic.
  • Firebrigade
    852 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    By the way all of you talk about farming ships, how is it possible EVERYONE doesn't have a fleet of all 7* ships w/G12 Pilots? I'm asking b/c, Even when I was top 5 in fleet, I could only afford 2 refreshes on attempts per day. It took me a yr and half working diligently and planning which ships and pilots to go after to start moving up the ladder. 2 Refreshes per day. So I can either refresh an attempt for a ship or a ships pilot, not to mention that I also need to acquire gear for those pilots, and ability materials for the ships...

Taking spot #5 is 300 crystals. You’re guaranteed at least about 90 from dailies and squad arena. Regular energy refresh is 50, node refresh is 25. You get 3x45 energy refreshes and 288 energy per day from timer regen. That’s a possible 783 energy to distribute for only 150 crystals.

Just from the free energy alone you can cover 21 20 energy hard node sims. With the cheap 50 crystal refreshes you can sim 39.

For 200 crystals you can sim XB node fully twice, IG-2000 node fully twice and STILL have 207 energy left over.

Then you STILL have ~190 crystals daily left over! And all of that’s assuming 5th place. #1 gives you 100 more, and then there’s more potential for additional crystals in squad arena. So you could buy an additional 120 energy refresh or two for 100 crystals.
    I am currently 20 shards away from 7* XB, while recently getting CB to G12. You think that was free?!? I already explained my reasoning to you for doing that. I've enjoyed swgoh but I don't live and breathe it.
    So I don't have focus for not farming XB or I don't have focus for not farming IG2000? Which is it? Because I've been working on IG88 as much as possible since getting CB complete. Not to mention in about 3 days I should have XB done and be able to really focus on IG88 & IG2000.

Sounds like you had plenty of opportunity to leave off on XB for a bit and get IG-2000 to 5* to get HMF and then picked back up on XB...

Also, working on IG-88 was not required. He could have literally been just unlocked, level 1 gear 1 and you still could have unlocked a 5* HMF.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Oh wait - I know why HMF's kit is designed the way it is!

Because CG "listened" when the community spoke about how much they thoroughly enjoyed the arena dodge meta, lead by Dooku and Old Ben and then how much they loved it in fleet with TFP. Yep, that must be it.

:D

Honestly, I think the devs listen to the community feedback....and then do the complete opposite of what players want/ask for.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member

Sorry, I missed it, but there you go:

Yes, you explained your reasons, but still, I don't see all your claimed focus on ships in your explanation.

You read the description of HMF. From the description and the fact that it's a legendary ship, it was clear that HMF could change the META. You yourself expected the ship to be game changing. Still you chose not to focus on HMF. Where's your claimed focus on ships in this?

You wrote, that you would focus on the BH pilots first before focusing on their ships. Since farming XB and IG-2000 doesn't conflict with farming their pilots - where's all your claimed focus on ships in this?

You also admitted, that you expected to take a hit and drop ranks by not going after the Falcon. Where's your claimed focus on ships in this?

You argued, that ships are usually not good until maxed out, and you wouldn't have a 7' HMF anyway. However, you know that HT (a ship, which you are using yourself) is viable already at 4*-5* (and in the early days even 3*). You also know, that new legendary characters are usually viable already at 5*. Yet you chose not to unlock a 5* HMF. Where's all your claimed focus on ships in this?

So still:

(I guess the answers is either that you don't focus all that much on ships anyway, or that you completely misjudged the situation and planned poorly)
    I just didn't expect EA to totally screw up by giving HMF such a ridiculous ability set and making even a 5* version unbeatable if its basic ability and "she may not look like much" abilities are maxed.

Didn't you also claim, that you in fact did read the description of HMF, when it was announced? So, since you knew her ability set, and still chose not to unlock her even if you could have, you can hardly claim that the sew up was on EA's ( or rather CG's) side. And your claim that HMF is unbeatable suggests, that you choose to keep sewing up. (Yes, today on my way to top-5 I beat 3 HMFs without using my own HMF).
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member

[...]

First: I never blamed everyone else, I blame EA and the developers for very poor planning.

Your planning in the past is completely irrelevant to our discussion. Only your planning after HMF was rumored/hinted/announced is relevant.
    I didn't complain about HT because, it could be beaten!

So, why are you complaining about HMF? It can be beaten as well.
    Yea... with simply 2 abilities maxed even a 5* variety can be beaten about 10% of the time...

I beat 3 in the first attempt today while climbing to top-5. So, apparently HMF is beatable just like HT was back then. So, why do you complain?
    So a month earlier I should have foreseen that BH's and their ships were gonna be needed?!? Seriously?

You didn't have to. Some of the hints were in-game, and you already claimed to have read the description of HMF's abilities, when it was announced. You could have started farming at that point and still have unlocked your own HMF.

You yourself claimed to focus on ships. It was your own claim. I simply don't see all that much focus, if you didn't farm XB, when it became available (I don't know if you did or not. Originaly I assumed you did). XB has strong synergy with your 7* HT, which probably is one of the core ships in your fleet. I don't see al that much focus on ships if you didn't focus on farming IG-2000 - if not before, when there were only rumors, then at least after the requirements for HMF were officially announced.
    By the way all of you talk about farming ships, how is it possible EVERYONE doesn't have a fleet of all 7* ships w/G12 Pilots? I'm asking b/c, Even when I was top 5 in fleet, I could only afford 2 refreshes on attempts per day.

300-400 crystals from fleet arena. Another approximately 100 crystals from doing dailies, GW and daily login. Add to that your crystal rewards from squad arena and a few other sources (Individual events and guild events). 2 refreshes on attempts in fleet arena cost a total of 100 crystals. Refreshing a hard node twice (when farming IG-2000 or XB) costs 75 crystals. A third refresh would add another 100 crystals. Now that you struggle to even stay in top-50 it turns out, that you couldn't afford not to refresh those hard nodes.
    It took me a yr and half working diligently and planning which ships and pilots to go after to start moving up the ladder. 2 Refreshes per day. So I can either refresh an attempt for a ship or a ships pilot, not to mention that I also need to acquire gear for those pilots, and ability materials for the ships...
    Where do you not see the focus? I made top 5, what the heck else do I gotta do?!?
    I am currently 20 shards away from 7* XB, while recently getting CB to G12. You think that was free?!?

How is your focus before HMF was rumored/hinted/announced relevant to our discussion?
    I already explained my reasoning to you for doing that. I've enjoyed swgoh but I don't live and breathe it.
    So I don't have focus for not farming XB or I don't have focus for not farming IG2000? Which is it?
    I don't see your claimed focus on ships, since HMF was rumored/hinted/announced, because you chose not to unlock her, despite your awareness of the ship, your expectation that it would be a game changing ship and the fact, that you could easily have unlocked it.
    Because I've been working on IG88 as much as possible since getting CB complete. Not to mention in about 3 days I should have XB done and be able to really focus on IG88 & IG2000. Which will leave me 1 toon from chewie and ready for HMF - Which as I've said before was the plan before anyone realized how dominant HMF would be.

I believe many players expected it quite a bit earlier than you realized it, and many planned accordingly.
    With the exception of HT, any other 5* ship is not gonna help any fleet worth its salt AND YET: 5* HMF dominates in fleet now?!?

5* XB, 5* Anakin's ETA and 5* Lando's Falcon have done quite well recently - both in Mace timout fleets and in other fleets.
    And unlike HT when it was released, the 5* HMF is barely beatable - again, even at 5* - when it has 2 key abilities maxed.

HMF is strong but beatable. You not being able to beat it doesn't mean that it's barely beatable.
  • I've been reading and watching vids on other sites for the past couple days and find that unlike what most of you here seem think, the vast majority of people:
    1. Don't have HMF
    2. Think the ship is over powered even for a meta!
    You wanna disagree with me on my original premise that HMF is ridiculous, NP here or that EA ruined Fleet, great. That's what foums are about. But to tell me it's my fault? Seriously? You're just another sad little troll.
    I really don't get you people. At every other (more supportive) site I've come across, the vast majority of people agree, the ship is ridiculously more powerful than Expected. Heck, even the pro's showing us F2P'ers what we need to do to eventually combat HMF agree with the sentiment!
    But You Trolls Continue Attack Me For Not Having It?!? I actually feel bad for you Sad Little Trolls.
    To the few replies that offered constructive criticism - TY! It got me moving in the right direction :)
    To the rest that offered criticism of me directly
    • why didn't you unlock a HMF of your own? What a ridiculously stupid statement! LOL
    • I don't see your claimed focus on ships. Did all I could with what resources I had but that's my fault?!?
    • The only person you have to blame is yourself. Yet another sad little person with a sad little life. I'm quite pleased with my progress and achievements on very old shard. I'll never compete in squad, I'm woefully behind there and all my resources go to ships and pilots (again see stupid comment above).
    • Do you always expect to be in first? Never said it and actually only been there a couple times so how does that even make sense?
    • yada, yada, yada
    Get a life Sad Little Trolls

BTW: I am a daily player, I read up on developments (certainly not every day like some of you do), I use some online tools for maximizing mods now and then, and watch vids on strategies but, like most people who play this game, do not get to maximize every little detail - I have a life and this is a game. And,as I've said many times, I never expected anything. And as I've repeatedly said: What resources I have go to ships AND pilots. Hence, I am quite proud of the 8 ships I have managed to get maxed while battling up an old shard and pleased I was able to hit #1 before they made it easier with the time zone rule change. Heck, as most of you conveniently forgot, I only just reached top 20 when HT was released. So yea, its not like I had a bunch of stuff to work with. And yea, it sucks I'm not there now but other, more friendly forums have actually offered constructive criticism for the many people in my situation and helped with recommendations on ships to counter HMF and vids that show how you can beat HMF. Even if its putting together a fleet most of us don't have ships for now.
    Actually, maybe I do have to ammend my statement on the "ruining fleet" comment. EA may not have ruined fleet for whales and dolphins but the casual player just got F'd... again.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Take a look in the mirror and ask yourself why people have been less than supporting in this thread. It may have something to do with your own attitude.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    just wanted to say thanks again, CG. What a great ship!
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    I've been reading and watching vids on other sites for the past couple days and find that unlike what most of you here seem think, the vast majority of people:
    1. Don't have HMF
    2. Think the ship is over powered even for a meta!
    1. How many players have the HMF is irrelevant to this discussion.
    2. May I suggest that you watch videos about how to defeat the HMF as well?
    You wanna disagree with me on my original premise that HMF is ridiculous, NP here or that EA ruined Fleet, great. That's what foums are about. But to tell me it's my fault? Seriously? You're just another sad little troll.

Nobody claims that it's your fault, that HMF is ridiculous. However, it's your own fault/choice, that you didn't unlock a HMF of your own. The fact that in your comments you explained why you chose not to farm the last of the required BH ships (IG-2000) proves that it was a simple choice. Your lack of HMF was a choice.

I really don't get you people. At every other (more supportive) site I've come across, the vast majority of people agree, the ship is ridiculously more powerful than Expected.

Are you saying, that people's expectations were unrealistic? That they underestimated the power of the HMF?
    Heck, even the pro's showing us F2P'ers what we need to do to eventually combat HMF agree with the sentiment!
    Ah! So you realised, that the HMF can be beat? That's progress. Congratulations.
    But You Trolls Continue Attack Me For Not Having It?!? I actually feel bad for you Sad Little Trolls.

I don't care if you have it or not. However, your inability to accept the fact, that you could easily have unlocked it, if you had chosen to do so, is quite frankly entertaining.
    To the few replies that offered constructive criticism - TY! It got me moving in the right direction :)

You're welcome. I'm happy for you, that you realised, that the HMF is beatable, like I told you.
    To the rest that offered criticism of me directly
    • why didn't you unlock a HMF of your own? What a ridiculously stupid statement! LOL

But it's still true, that you easily could have unlocked it.
    [*] I don't see your claimed focus on ships. Did all I could with what resources I had but that's my fault?!?
    You've claimed youyrself, that you chose not to farm it. You've explained why, you chose not to, but still: It prooves, that you didn't do all you could.
    [*] The only person you have to blame is yourself. Yet another sad little person with a sad little life. I'm quite pleased with my progress and achievements on very old shard. I'll never compete in squad, I'm woefully behind there and all my resources go to ships and pilots (again see stupid comment above).
    Your past achievements are irrelevant to the discussion, but congratulations, any way. I'm sorry for you, that you chose not to unlock HMF, and now dropped in ranks in fleet arena. Dropping can sting, but knowing that you only have yourself to thank for it, may sting even more. Good luck regaining your rank.
  • This thread has become too mired in pointless back-and-forth bickering. Closing it now.
    swgoh.gg profile: Pyrefly -- Check out my Galactic Power Tables and my TB Phase Info Tables !!
This discussion has been closed.