Nightsisters

Prev1
Nihion
3340 posts Member
Please nerf them.
7flchnyockt3.png
They are literally impossible for me to beat. I know people post this like every two days, but this team is ridiculous. Turn meter removal? Insane speed? Oh yeah and the endless stuns? I think it’s safe to say they’re overpowered, especially considering they are a minor part of canon. The funniest part is that the zombie “nerf” actually made her better...

Replies

• Lol, it looks like the zombie is blindfolded and trying to feel her way around.
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Lol, it looks like the zombie is blindfolded and trying to feel her way around.

You’re right, I got a perfect picture
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    Nihion wrote: »
    Please nerf them.
    7flchnyockt3.png
    They are literally impossible for me to beat. I know people post this like every two days, but this team is ridiculous. Turn meter removal? Insane speed? Oh yeah and the endless stuns? I think it’s safe to say they’re overpowered, especially considering they are a minor part of canon. The funniest part is that the zombie “nerf” actually made her better...

Can’t beat every team with every team. Gotta use their counter.

And their counter is...?
  • Playing ‘pin the tail on the Kylo...’
  • Imp troopers (equally geared) stomp them.
    I've heard Phoenix is good against them
    I rarely lose against them with my Ewok team (Chirpa/Wicket/Paploo/EE/C3) ranks 80-250.
    Fairly certain modern sith squads mow through them (Sion/Nihlus/Trooper)
    My Jango Led Bounty Hunters always do well against them in TW as well, but they're only at G10-11 and I don't overreach them right now so that could be confirmation bias.

There are others I'm sure but I don't run meta teams often.
  • Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    Imp troopers (equally geared) stomp them.
    I've heard Phoenix is good against them
    I rarely lose against them with my Ewok team (Chirpa/Wicket/Paploo/EE/C3) ranks 80-250.
    Fairly certain modern sith squads mow through them (Sion/Nihlus/Trooper)
    My Jango Led Bounty Hunters always do well against them in TW as well, but they're only at G10-11 and I don't overreach them right now so that could be confirmation bias.

There are others I'm sure but I don't run meta teams often.

zBossk led BH also work. zPalp + Vader w/ other empire and sith (not needing triumvirate) do well too. Rebels w/ Chaze or rebels with zetas on Chewie.
  • Jango and boba on a BH team pretty much run over the sisters
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Please nerf them.
    7flchnyockt3.png
    They are literally impossible for me to beat.

Key words:"for me". That's hardly enough reason to ask for a nerf.

Many players build an empire team as one of their first teams. zEP lead empire/sith teams easily beat NS. I see, you're using KRU in the screenshot. I guess, you already have an empire team as well. For 3v3 GA, zEP leadind Vader and Tarkin/TFP works well.
  • OP, are you using the standard, zzKRU, FOO, FOX, zFOST, zKylo FO team?

I Have to be honest NS teams should be very easy with that lineup although if they are using talzin lead spirit and have all the g12+ and great mods it can be a bit dodgy. Keep working on your gearing and your mods and FO will handle them fine.

Since plague can dispatch your fast FOO very quickly some FO players switch him out for FOSFTP specifically against NS, the extra AOE and a bit more HP make up for FOO's normal awesomeness.

I notice in your screen grab Daka is still alive so maybe you also need to work on your kill order. After killing the weakest nightsister 2 times make sure you focus on getting Daka killed next. Use FOX and FOO's TM reduction to keep zombies taunt at bay if your FOX isn't powerful enough to 1 shoot her twice in a row. If talia is in the team you may want to use Halt on her as otherwise she'll use her cleanse which is very annoying. In other lineups you'll probably have most luck using halt on Talzin to delay the inevitable spreading of the plague or spirit to avoid too many stuns.

Good luck!
  • Dear OP - I couldn't agree more with your original sentiment.

That said in 5v5 they are beatable with good, fast teams with at least one character that has AOE debuff effect to counter the zombie revive / initiate stealth infinite loop I mean WAD (but seriously lame) game play.
  • If it’s 3vs3, i’ve had great success against the same team with bastila yoda jolee (no zeta lead). I tried bossk boba dengar and it was a disaster, not even close. If it’s 5vs5 the counters are well known and people have given some in the thread.
  • Kokie
    1338 posts Member
    Jango lead boba and greedo make it a breeze
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    OP, are you using the standard, zzKRU, FOO, FOX, zFOST, zKylo FO team?

I Have to be honest NS teams should be very easy with that lineup although if they are using talzin lead spirit and have all the g12+ and great mods it can be a bit dodgy. Keep working on your gearing and your mods and FO will handle them fine.

Since plague can dispatch your fast FOO very quickly some FO players switch him out for FOSFTP specifically against NS, the extra AOE and a bit more HP make up for FOO's normal awesomeness.

I notice in your screen grab Daka is still alive so maybe you also need to work on your kill order. After killing the weakest nightsister 2 times make sure you focus on getting Daka killed next. Use FOX and FOO's TM reduction to keep zombies taunt at bay if your FOX isn't powerful enough to 1 shoot her twice in a row. If talia is in the team you may want to use Halt on her as otherwise she'll use her cleanse which is very annoying. In other lineups you'll probably have most luck using halt on Talzin to delay the inevitable spreading of the plague or spirit to avoid too many stuns.

Good luck!

I use Phasma instead of FOST, but usually my FO team can beat them. In 3v3 however, they were able to constantly stun me, and I might have gotten one turn for the whole encounter
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Waqui wrote: »
    Please nerf them.
    7flchnyockt3.png
    They are literally impossible for me to beat.

Key words:"for me". That's hardly enough reason to ask for a nerf.

Many players build an empire team as one of their first teams. zEP lead empire/sith teams easily beat NS. I see, you're using KRU in the screenshot. I guess, you already have an empire team as well. For 3v3 GA, zEP leadind Vader and Tarkin/TFP works well.

You’re very right, in the moment I was pretty angry, but they usually are a problem from just me. I’m sure other people struggle with them too however. I think the most annoying part is the constant reviving, which is already a powerful strategy.
  • Palpatine, Vader, Sion, Nihilus and Thrawn will destroy this team. They take maybe 5-10 turns and are easy picking for me in Grand Arena, still able to get 100-200 easily...If that changes, I'll sub in my CLS Rebel team, but haven't had to do that yet.
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Palpatine, Vader, Sion, Nihilus and Thrawn will destroy this team. They take maybe 5-10 turns and are easy picking for me in Grand Arena, still able to get 100-200 easily...If that changes, I'll sub in my CLS Rebel team, but haven't had to do that yet.

What would you do in 3v3? I have a spectacular DN team, but they’ve never been able to beat NS
  • Additional tip, if any other nightsister dies to a DOT effect, it won't trigger nightsister zombie's undying sacrifice ability so he won't die in place of another NS.
  • I haven't tried in 3v3 yet since my Nest is still a little under geared for it, but a high tenacity Nest under a Q'ira lead (with another debuffer, whoever makes the most sense) might work, depending on Zombie's potency.

And man, the more I look at NS kit, the more I dislike them, which is saying a lot. Why did this trivial faction from three Clone Wars episodes get this much love in this game? I recognize they came later and needed to be better to "count", and the OG sisters were horrible pre rework, but the cheese mechanics are too much. Even with all the cheese, they're usually garbage, but losing to them after killing them 10 times is plain old infuriating.

My guess: whoever designed Ships 2.0 was also responsible for the Nightsister kit design.
  • Cls rhan and chewie work well against them
  • FeydSTL wrote: »
    Cls rhan and chewie work well against them

CLS, rHan and Chewie are one of the few reliable options for countering Revan or Traya if you don't have them.
  • I'll share my secret I guess. Just because I'm happy Revan is returning

Use your nest solo in 3v3 with all tenacity mods (no speed with lots of offense and crit damage triangle ) and put on auto. It works against all night sister teams

You're welcome.
  • Zombie doing birdcage challenge!
  • I almost always only use BH's against NS teams at this point. I need the executes because the revives just **** me off.
  • Greeneya33
    75 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Please nerf them.
    7flchnyockt3.png

LOL Nightsisters are my favorite team in a game. Gear up yours and you will also have strong team of Nightsisters. Do not be crybaby.
  • An equally well-geared Jedi team under Bastila also works well against NS. Dispel Zombie's taunt with Bastila or Ezra and/or kill it multiple times. Use Old Ben's ability block to prevent heals. Kill Old Daka (three times if Zombie revives her), then Mother Talzin and finally Ventress.
  • I'll share my secret I guess. Just because I'm happy Revan is returning

Use your nest solo in 3v3 with all tenacity mods (no speed with lots of offense and crit damage triangle ) and put on auto. It works against all night sister teams

You're welcome.

Lol, some of the teams you guys are coming up with I mow down with my NS. Nest is so easy as NS apply tenacity down with zombie, then stun with daka then apply plague and keep applying it till she is dead. She isn't a good counter especially not by herself.
  • Nihion wrote: »
    OP, are you using the standard, zzKRU, FOO, FOX, zFOST, zKylo FO team?

Good luck!

I use Phasma instead of FOST, but usually my FO team can beat them. In 3v3 however, they were able to constantly stun me, and I might have gotten one turn for the whole encounter

Sorry! Did not realise this was 3v3... yeah, they are tough then! I haven't tried with KRU as I put him on defence. I've generally got lucky I think with 3 troopers. But the last round they ate that team for breakfast. Luckily I had Traya, Sion, Nihilus to use on offence, was worth using them once I'd stupidly TM loaded them because I don't think I'd have beaten them otherwise. They are very strong in 3v3