GA matching system REwork!

2Next

Replies

• Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    miguelfoo wrote: »
    It's fun to read that collecting and gearing as many toons as possible is useless in all game modes.

I believe you and I read this discussion differently then. I don't read what you calim here.
    Again, in my experience, it helped a lot and my guild when the TB arrived,...

Yes, until you can score max stars without this fluff GP, that fluff will help your guild in TB.
    ...and the additional GP in TW helped a lot to overcome the 120M GP barrier.
    And it could also result in matches against stronger guilds, the same way it may result in matches against stronger pkayers in GA.
    Until GA I didn't see any problem with increasing your GP to help your guild, ...

Exactly my point. Many players didn't se downside in TW - not until it hurt them personaly in GA.

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    The point is in TW you obtain a reward to your effort to increase your GP, you get more Zetas, in GA doesn't. And in TW you have instruments to overcome a paywall like Revan, in GA doesn't. Maybe I have not expressed myself well in my previous comment and you thought It was a silky claim, my bad.

??
    GA rewarded zetas and gear. If you are talking about the prize tiers then in TW this is only true until you hit the max tier, which is not that high when divided by 50 players.

In TW you have the same tools as GA. The only difference is that someone else isnt there to help you. You need to strategize for yourself to be ready to take down teams your opponent has.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    The point is in TW you obtain a reward to your effort to increase your GP, you get more Zetas, in GA doesn't. And in TW you have instruments to overcome a paywall like Revan, in GA doesn't. Maybe I have not expressed myself well in my previous comment and you thought It was a silky claim, my bad.

Another point is, that if it's fluff GP that took your guild above the threshold for the next reward tier, you would still risk being matched against a guild with little/no fluff, and loose instead.

(An in this case, you won't obtain any increased reward and instead of a win on your record, you'll have a loss.)

• Kyno wrote: »
    ??
    GA rewarded zetas and gear. If you are talking about the prize tiers then in TW this is only true until you hit the max tier, which is not that high when divided by 50 players.

In TW you have the same tools as GA. The only difference is that someone else isnt there to help you. You need to strategize for yourself to be ready to take down teams your opponent has.

1) Yes, it is true that TW offers prize tiers for GP. Yes until you hit max tier, for many of us that isn't that high but for probably many others is still a goal to reach.

2) The only difference is that there's not someone to help you is the missing tool that's difficult to overcome that he's most likely referring to. It's not easy to balance defense and offense when out geared and when certain teams have so few counters.
  • Waqui wrote: »
    Another point is, that if it's fluff GP that took your guild above the threshold for the next reward tier, you would still risk being matched against a guild with little/no fluff, and loose instead

With a bit of luck, the correct bait and a good strategic, we managed to win TW guilds with trayas/Revans, and even in the case you lose the TW you obtain the same Z as if you have won the lower tier, son it’s a win win.

Kyno wrote: »

That’s not true, as I said before, in TW you can counteract the lack of paywalls with another instruments like strategic, baits, attack with more than one team with the same components, etc. In GA you can not use the team force to overcome the difficulties. And if you didn’t pay for the Revan wall, your experience in GA will become frustrating. But I’m repeting myself, if I can not make me understandable, it’s useless.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    And if you didn’t pay for the Revan wall, your experience in GA will become frustrating.

I see no difference between TW and GA here. If your guild has no Revans and Trayas, and faces a guild with a bunch of Revans and Trayas, you're either going to get frustrated just the same, or you're going to figure out the counters.
    It's possible to beat Revan without Revan, people do it on a daily basis. If you haven't figured out a counter team in 3 months, that's on you.
  • Liath wrote: »
    And if you didn’t pay for the Revan wall, your experience in GA will become frustrating.

I see no difference between TW and GA here. If your guild has no Revans and Trayas, and faces a guild with a bunch of Revans and Trayas, you're either going to get frustrated just the same, or you're going to figure out the counters.
    It's possible to beat Revan without Revan, people do it on a daily basis. If you haven't figured out a counter team in 3 months, that's on you.

Actually I usually hit first place in my arena, so I’m able to beat most of the Revans I face.

If despite all I have said about it, you don’t see the big difference between GA and TW, it’s on you.

• Fluff won’t make your guild perform better in any way. They can be seven stars level 1 for TB and they won’t add much in the way of GP. For TW all they’ll do is make your guild go into a higher GP tier, which would end up hurting your guild. Fluff obviously doesn’t do anything but hurt you in GA. All fluff has ever done is increase your own GP. Yes you may have a ton of credits and ability mats sitting around but you shouldn’t be leveling up everyone to fluff just for the sake of using those resources. Use the credits for mods, that’s much more worthwhile than leveling up characters that don’t need to be. Even if I like a character I won’t level them up until it’s feasable for me.
  • Fluff won’t make your guild perform better in any way. They can be seven stars level 1 for TB and they won’t add much in the way of GP. For TW all they’ll do is make your guild go into a higher GP tier, which would end up hurting your guild. Fluff obviously doesn’t do anything but hurt you in GA. All fluff has ever done is increase your own GP. Yes you may have a ton of credits and ability mats sitting around but you shouldn’t be leveling up everyone to fluff just for the sake of using those resources. Use the credits for mods, that’s much more worthwhile than leveling up characters that don’t need to be. Even if I like a character I won’t level them up until it’s feasable for me.

It depends on what point your guild is located at. For my guild, extra GP helped a lot before, but at this point of the game I can not un-gear my chars, so I must live with it.

But overall, my OCD did not allow me to leave infrageared and unleveled a char, if I had the mats...
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Waqui wrote: »
    Another point is, that if it's fluff GP that took your guild above the threshold for the next reward tier, you would still risk being matched against a guild with little/no fluff, and loose instead

With a bit of luck, the correct bait and a good strategic, we managed to win TW guilds with trayas/Revans, and even in the case you lose the TW you obtain the same Z as if you have won the lower tier, son it’s a win win.

How much fluff did those guilds have? How much did you have?
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Liath wrote: »

Actually I usually hit first place in my arena, so I’m able to beat most of the Revans I face.

If despite all I have said about it, you don’t see the big difference between GA and TW, it’s on you.

Yes, there's a difference between a guild event and an individual event. In TW guild members with strong rosters can make up for guild members with weak rosters. However, a guildmember's fluff GP still effects the guild the same way as it effects the player personally in GA.
  • miguelfoo
    65 posts Member
    edited January 2019

That’s not the point, the point is in TW my guild is able to manage wars against other guilds with some Revans (I’m talking about 6-8 revans, not more) using a good strategy, using bait, maybe luck, etc.

And very important thing, once you reach the 120+ tier, your 2nd place reward has the same Z mats as your 1st place reward in the lower tier, so you always want to reach that tier no matter how much fluff you have.

In GA your tools to react against this character are way more reduced. And I'm always been paired with players with this character
  • miguelfoo wrote: »
    That’s not the point, the point is in TW my guild is able to manage wars against other guilds with some Revans (I’m talking about 6-8 revans, not more) using a good strategy, using bait, maybe luck, etc.

In GA your tools to react against this character are way more reduced. And I'm always been paired with players with this character

Or enhanced. In TW, your guild is capable of handling 6-8 Revans. In GA you only need to handle 1 at most. There's no need to rely on other guild members building counters, because as long as you have a Revan counter, you're going to be able to beat that team.

• miguelfoo wrote: »

Or enhanced. In TW, your guild is capable of handling 6-8 Revans. In GA you only need to handle 1 at most. There's no need to rely on other guild members building counters, because as long as you have a Revan counter, you're going to be able to beat that team.

The problem it’s when your Revan counter it’s the same as your traya counter or another good synergized team.

But ok, nothing matters, February will bring revans for all players
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member

The problem it’s when your Revan counter it’s the same as your traya counter or another good synergized team.

So this is again your decision not to farm the right counters, and it's the same issue again in TW. You said you can handle 6-8 Revans and no more. So if you face a guild with 15 Revans you lose? And you have a counter for Revan so if you face a Revan in GA you're fine but if you face somebody with both Revan and a Traya you automatically lose? Still not understanding how it's any different.
  • Liath wrote: »

So this is again your decision not to farm the right counters, and it's the same issue again in TW. You said you can handle 6-8 Revans and no more. So if you face a guild with 15 Revans you lose? And you have a counter for Revan so if you face a Revan in GA you're fine but if you face somebody with both Revan and a Traya you automatically lose? Still not understanding how it's any different.

Ok, lets go one more time... in TW, we fight against guilds with 6-8 Revans, easy to handle, with an overall same number of zetas, and a number of G12'd characters close than my guild.

In GA I always have been paired with players with Revan, Traya, 12 zetas more than me and 20 characters G12'd more than me..... and it’s not a matter of plan your progress, it a matter of money.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member

That’s not the point, ...

Yes, that's also one of the points in our discussion - the impact of fluff GP.

• Liath
    5140 posts Member

Ok, lets go one more time... in TW, we fight against guilds with 6-8 Revans, easy to handle, with an overall same number of zetas, and a number of G12'd characters close than my guild.

In GA I always have been paired with players with Revan, Traya, 12 zetas more than me and 20 characters G12'd more than me..... and it’s not a matter of plan your progress, it a matter of money.

What is your GP and what is your guild's GP? I am highly surprised that both of these things would be true. You only ever face guilds with no more than 8 Revans in TW? You have never faced a guild with 15+ Revans, 50 Trayas, etc.? And yet, at the same time, you, personally, are *always* paired with people who have both Revan and Traya? I have never been in a grouping with more than 1-2 Revans or 3-4 Trayas.

Having Traya, zetas, g12 characters isn't even arguably a matter of money. Revan may or may not be, but overall, I certainly don't believe you're losing only to people who spend a lot.
  • Waqui wrote: »

The point of this discussion was that something else besides GP should be taken into account to decide the matching in GA.

What is your GP and what is your guild's GP? I am highly surprised that both of these things would be true. You only ever face guilds with no more than 8 Revans in TW? You have never faced a guild with 15+ Revans, 50 Trayas, etc.? And yet, at the same time, you, personally, are *always* paired with people who have both Revan and Traya? I have never been in a grouping with more than 1-2 Revans or 3-4 Trayas.

Having Traya, zetas, g12 characters isn't even arguably a matter of money. Revan may or may not be, but overall, I certainly don't believe you're losing only to people who spend a lot.

My GP is 3.9M and my guild has 140M of active GP.

Due to that is true I started to write this post, if my expirience with GA were different probably I never wrote this.

We know what is the progression for a player who don’t spend so much money in game and other that do it.

But ok, I see that I’m not right. The GA matching thing is OK and the problem is mine, I should be the only player with 4M GP that haven’t got Revan and Traya.

Thank you for your feedback
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    M

The point of this discussion was that something else besides GP should be taken into account to decide the matching in GA.

That was the point in your original post, yes. Then your discussion evolved and you also began discussing the GP aspect and fluff in several of your comments. You may have changed your mind now, and that's ok. Just don't claim that it wasn't the point as well.

Added:

But ok, back to square one:
    I actually DO believe, that other aspects are considered as well during matchmaking - just not the way you request. I don't believe that you will see groups of 8 players with equally strong rosters (including Revan, Traya and all) - not until the high GP tier/levels at least.

• Liath
    5140 posts Member

My GP is 3.9M and my guild has 140M of active GP.

Due to that is true I started to write this post, if my expirience with GA were different probably I never wrote this.

We know what is the progression for a player who don’t spend so much money in game and other that do it.

But ok, I see that I’m not right. The GA matching thing is OK and the problem is mine, I should be the only player with 4M GP that haven’t got Revan and Traya.

Thank you for your feedback

So this is just due to your own personal experience then. You are in a GP bracket in which a lot of people have Revan and Traya, but you are in a guild in which the average GP is quite a bit lower than your own GP, and as a result you face guilds with fewer Revans and Trayas. This doesn’t make TW inherently better, it’s just a function of you being in a weaker guild than you could be. If you were in a 195m GP guild (in which your GP would be average), you would have a much different experience. (And you’d probably have Traya too.) So I return to my original statement — I don’t see anything different about TW in this respect.
  • Not having traya was a choice. You could have been in an hstr guild if you chose to at your gp. Not saying it's wrong but it's still your choice.

Revan returns in a few days so if you are as focused as you say, you should have no problem getting him. If not then you aren't very focused.

And there will likely be another OP toon released in a month. At your GP there will be several that get it. So hope you've been preparing. If not that's on you.