Deathmark inconsistency

Nauros
5429 posts Member
In p4 of the Sith raid, I have always been able to apply DT's deathmark right away after Nihilus or Sion was killed, regardless of who or when killed them (not been able to test recently, DT usually goes into chex now). Now I tried the same approach in GA, figuring that I would kill the remaining character quickly with deathmark after killing the other two in a previous fight, but it didn't work so I wasted a team. Is this inconsistent behavior WAI or is it a bug?

Replies

• If you kill a character in a ns team, daka cant revive that character in the next match. So we can assume the game doesn't count the dead characters to be a part of the team.

For similar reasons, we can assume dt is wai, since it requires dead characters to begin with.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Inconsistent, yes, but yes it is WAI.

In a raid, the game "knows" the character was there and is counting them as "actively dead" triggering DT to place death mark.

In a match, the game only knows what is there at the start of the match, so any previously dead toon is not "actively dead" they are just "not there".
  • crzydroid
    7285 posts Moderator
    Yeah, when you go into a new encounter in pvp, it doesn't count dead characters--hence why if there's a dead leader, the leader ability is gone in a new encounter.