Revan Ruse

Prev1
Im still suspicious of the revan returns post, it’s probably another paywall. Surprise! Darth Revan! We did say Revan. The last two years has been a sith lord, so 3 for 3?

Replies

• The post states "Jedi Knight Revan" and also says "returns" indicating he has already been here before. I'm all for skepticism but I think this is unjustified.
  • Smidday wrote: »
    Im still suspicious of the revan returns post, it’s probably another paywall. Surprise! Darth Revan! We did say Revan. The last two years has been a sith lord, so 3 for 3?

It is expected a sith lord will be released in Feb that required some if not all of the latest batch of OR toons.

Which sith lord and what the requirements are is still up for speculation
  • Gama_Fox wrote: »
    The post states "Jedi Knight Revan" and also says "returns" indicating he has already been here before. I'm all for skepticism but I think this is unjustified.

Hey..... don’t ruin my conspiracy theory
  • Xezee
    274 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Considering February is "the Sith month" I would expect Darth Revan to follow VERY shortly after upcoming Jedi Revan. Just like BB8, R2 and Chewbacca's return preceded first JTR, CLS and HMF respectively.

Also, considering Juhani and Carth aren't even farmable yet, this will likely be exactly same aggressive scheduling as Jedi Revan was.
    Bastila and Jolee went f2p September 12th. Two weeks later T3, Zaalbar and Mission became farmable. Legend of the Old Republic event was up on October 18th - barely 3 weeks after everything required was put on holotables.
    Fallen Bastila and Canderous Ordo went f2p 10 days ago, I'd say Juhani and Carth will be "f2p" on 30th. Darth Revan requiring Jedi Revan and all new Old Republic toons on February 21st. This would exactly mimic the previous release schedule.
    If it is the same thing indeed then even heavy node refreshing will hardly achieve anything and same as before - this will push people away from spending rather than encourage. But that's their business and their money not made.
  • Ultra
    11502 posts Moderator
    I don't think Carth or Juhani are required and in that case, we might see Darth Revan much sooner than people think (3 weeks after C/J). Carth and Juhani are farmable the same date JKR event ends

I also like how CG placed the return on the last day of the month so that nobody could figure out another event is scheduled to take place by looking at the event calendar
  • If it was a new toon , they would make an enigmatic post with a puzzle
  • Tarah
    202 posts Member
    and new toons are not alla farmable atm...
  • I bet we either see another OR marquee character next to make the 5 we will need for Darth Revan or they will have HK-47 as the 5th character required.
  • Jubai
    112 posts Member
    Just check the crystal shard shop, you'll see it's definitely light side Revan.
    Thing is it also starts the 1 month cycle which ends in people gearing Revan to 12 and them they release Darth Revan
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Smidday wrote: »
    Gama_Fox wrote: »
    The post states "Jedi Knight Revan" and also says "returns" indicating he has already been here before. I'm all for skepticism but I think this is unjustified.

Hey..... don’t ruin my conspiracy theory

He will drop the cape and turn to the dark side right away.
  • If we've learned anything from The Road Ahead (or lack thereof), it's that there is no beholding to announced cadences, much less presumed ones like "sith month".

There's not enough dark side old republic for a full event anyway, even if you add in hk47.
  • It’s gonna be Dark Side Anakin. Calling it.
  • Gauderio wrote: »
    If we've learned anything from The Road Ahead (or lack thereof), it's that there is no beholding to announced cadences, much less presumed ones like "sith month".

There's not enough dark side old republic for a full event anyway, even if you add in hk47.

It could be Revan , Carth, Juhani, Canderous and Fallen Bastila in a journey to kill Malak
  • Xezee wrote: »
    If it is the same thing indeed then even heavy node refreshing will hardly achieve anything and same as before - this will push people away from spending rather than encourage. But that's their business and their money not made.

Looking at the way my arena shard went, I highly doubt their strategy for releasing revan pushed people away from spending. Do you have any facts to base your claims on?
    https://swgoh.gg/u/ionastarbound/
    Discord: Iona Starbound#5299
  • Jarvind
    3926 posts Member
    Gauderio wrote: »
    If we've learned anything from The Road Ahead (or lack thereof), it's that there is no beholding to announced cadences, much less presumed ones like "sith month".

Was "sith month" actually a thing they had once? I keep seeing references to it.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Ultra
    11502 posts Moderator
    Jarvind wrote: »
    Gauderio wrote: »

Was "sith month" actually a thing they had once? I keep seeing references to it.
    Yeah. We Darth Nihilus, Sith Assassin and Sith Trooper in Feb 2017. When Feb 2018 was drawing near, either in Jan or Feb (going from memory here) one of the staff said that they worked really hard to make this year's Sith Month way better than last year's (2017) and in that month we had EP/Vader Rework, Darth Sion, Sith Marauder, and Sith Raid

Since then everyone is under the impression Feb is Sith Month due to the pattern and words they used. Doesn't mean this Feb will be a Sith Month but it seems very likely
  • There is still the possibility that Darth Revan or Malak come later on. But this is definitely JKR

Yes, I think you should definitely NOT finish up gearing the OR characters needed to unlock Revan.... particularly if you are on my arena shard.
  • Xezee
    274 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Looking at the way my arena shard went, I highly doubt their strategy for releasing Revan pushed people away from spending. Do you have any facts to base your claims on?

Talking to the guild, friends, watching some YT. My personal experience in the end. Simple thing - some people spend money but have a limited budget. Occasionally they can drop some heavier coin on the game but within reason. For example - I would spend 100-150$ to get Revan, but not 300 because it makes no sense. Revan wouldn't take me to the top 10 of the arena, because krakens with vastly superior mods sit there plus I'm not in the shard chat anyway. Top 20 is well within reach of my Traya team. All I would gain is few ranks up in HSTR, but again - top 3 belongs to heavy spenders, so moving from 7-6 to 5-4 wouldn't make me 300$.
    Instead, I spent a lot of crystals on refreshes of XB and IG2000 nodes since day 1 and now I'm a proud owner of 7* Falcon. One of 2 on my shard.
  • Gannon
    1628 posts Member
    Xezee wrote: »
    Looking at the way my arena shard went, I highly doubt their strategy for releasing Revan pushed people away from spending. Do you have any facts to base your claims on?

Talking to the guild, friends, watching some YT. My personal experience in the end. Simple thing - some people spend money but have a limited budget. Occasionally they can drop some heavier coin on the game but within reason. For example - I would spend 100-150$ to get Revan, but not 300 because it makes no sense. Revan wouldn't take me to the top 10 of the arena, because krakens with vastly superior mods sit there plus I'm not in the shard chat anyway. Top 20 is well within reach of my Traya team. All I would gain is few ranks up in HSTR, but again - top 3 belongs to heavy spenders, so moving from 7-6 to 5-4 wouldn't make me 300$.
    Instead, I spent a lot of crystals on refreshes of XB and IG2000 nodes since day 1 and now I'm a proud owner of 7* Falcon. One of 2 on my shard.

But the packs they introduced for the revan event were the prolly the cheapest ever. Instead of 250-300 per single marquee toon, people were spending 150-200 for a whole team, which is 5 very useful toons even after the event.. 6 good toons total after unlocking revan. That's an insanely good deal as far as this game is concerned. They said those packs will return this time also, and it will likely be the same for Darth revan. They're gonna make a ton.

My suspicions lie elsewhere; are we 100% sure the difficulty will be the same? To be more precise: is Revan for sure going to be an ally or was that just for the whales?
  • In February, there will be Darth Malak event, which will require 7* bastilla fallen, ordo, carth onasi and juhani.
    And Revan won’t be meta anymore
  • If Malak comes out he will require OR or Sith characters in general, the only characters that were with Malak were Bastila and Revan
  • I'd be surprised if we had another heroes journey requiring old republic toons since we just had that, hopefully the sith will finally get a legendary event
  • It could be Revan , Carth, Juhani, Canderous and Fallen Bastila in a journey to kill Malak

Would be the first time requiring a journey character in an event. Carth was always light side. Fallen Bastila fought against all the other 4 you listed.

That line up would just be a shameless money gra... Oh wait.
  • Now is the time to expend all your resources for Jedi Knight Revan before we release characters leading up to Darth Revan you'll need to spend money on to get the first time. mwahahahahaha. Just like every other big release. lol
  • Whatelse73 wrote: »
    Now is the time to expend all your resources for Jedi Knight Revan before we release characters leading up to Darth Revan you'll need to spend money on to get the first time. mwahahahahaha. Just like every other big release. lol

As long as you keep 50K crystals aside for the sith event you should be ok
  • C3Peio wrote: »
    My suspicions lie elsewhere; are we 100% sure the difficulty will be the same? To be more precise: is Revan for sure going to be an ally or was that just for the whales?

And this is the most important question here.

• Ultra
    11502 posts Moderator
    edited January 2019
    Xezee wrote: »
    C3Peio wrote: »

And this is the most important question here.
    No they will not change the event from how it was the last time it ran. Being suspicious of everything is unhealthy, especially with nothing to support it

It is expected a sith lord will be released in Feb that required some if not all of the latest batch of OR toons.

Which sith lord and what the requirements are is still up for speculation

Rumor has it it’ll be a DS OR Lead that’ll only be worthwhile in 3v3 GA.
    SnakesOnAPlane