Best Ewok 3v3 defense?

What do you think is the best Ewok team to set on defense in 3v3 GA? I'm sure it includes Chirpa and Wicket, but I'm debating between Elder and Paploo for the 3rd spot.

Replies

• I feel Paploo would be the best third choice, since he can dispel debuffs on allies just like the elder while also having two other attacks and a unique ability
  • Shok
    73 posts Member
    I second that
  • I don’t really think ewoks are good on defense if you only have 3. Their damage is low to compensate for the way they assist and gain bonus TM to give extra turns, but all that is predicated on five characters generating the assists—take Chirpa, for example, he’s giving five attacks with his special, each of which gives 20% TM and triggers any other basic attack bonuses (buffs, debuffs, TM, etc). With only three characters, the overall utility of that is drastically lessened.

Likewise, Teebo gives stealth—the strength of which is that it forces your opponent to target unstealthed characters. But with only three ewoks you’re likely to have all three stealthed and negate the advantage.

I’m not an ewok-hater! A full team of five ewoks is really good in GA and even TW. But I think they suffer a little from a 3-on-3 format and you’ll have better luck benching them or usung them on offense.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • NicWester wrote: »
    I don’t really think ewoks are good on defense if you only have 3. Their damage is low to compensate for the way they assist and gain bonus TM to give extra turns, but all that is predicated on five characters generating the assists—take Chirpa, for example, he’s giving five attacks with his special, each of which gives 20% TM and triggers any other basic attack bonuses (buffs, debuffs, TM, etc). With only three characters, the overall utility of that is drastically lessened.

Likewise, Teebo gives stealth—the strength of which is that it forces your opponent to target unstealthed characters. But with only three ewoks you’re likely to have all three stealthed and negate the advantage.

I’m not an ewok-hater! A full team of five ewoks is really good in GA and even TW. But I think they suffer a little from a 3-on-3 format and you’ll have better luck benching them or usung them on offense.

Those are solid points. I agree with you that they need the 5v5 format to get the full potential out of their abilities. I'm in a position where even though they might be better on offense, I need to fill that back defensive spot with a team that will be able to put up a good enough fight to stop a depleted opponent. Even in 3v3 Ewoks can fill that roll nicely. Many people still underestimate them and send in teams that are too weak.
  • Mephisto_style
    5724 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Teebo Elder Paploo
    It isn't about the stealth. Paplpoo taunts. Debuffs, has an assist. Teebo removes buffs. Teebo gives TM. Paploo gets stealth synergy. All of.their abilities still have synergy and use. The offense is low but survivabiity is high
  • For defense chirpa, paploo, and wicket. For offense use teebo, elder, and logray.
  • 6p9n1lp4587u.png

“i DoN’t ReALly THiNk eWoKS arE GOoD oN DEfEnsE.”