Can I sell my SIM tickets for crystals?

In shipments you can buy 20 SIM tickets for 30 crystals. I have 28000 SIM tickets. I would like to sell them in shipments 200 for 30 crystals. That's 10x better value!!!

Replies

• Would be nice 😀 got 78 k sim tickets
  • The reason you have so many sim tickets now is because the devs decided last year to effectively get rid of sim tickets as a QOL improvement. Instead of having to go through the massive mess of spaghetti code that is GOH to remove sim ticket functionality, they went the easier (and not breaking the game into a million pieces) way of giving a whole bunch of sim tickets to everyone level 85, every day, as part of the daily rewards.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    The reason you have so many sim tickets now is because the devs decided last year to effectively get rid of sim tickets as a QOL improvement. Instead of having to go through the massive mess of spaghetti code that is GOH to remove sim ticket functionality, they went the easier (and not breaking the game into a million pieces) way of giving a whole bunch of sim tickets to everyone level 85, every day, as part of the daily rewards.

This.

Also why would they ever make a premium currency purchasable with a common one? If they did, it would be 10 crystals/10k tickets.
  • Kyno wrote: »
    The reason you have so many sim tickets now is because the devs decided last year to effectively get rid of sim tickets as a QOL improvement. Instead of having to go through the massive mess of spaghetti code that is GOH to remove sim ticket functionality, they went the easier (and not breaking the game into a million pieces) way of giving a whole bunch of sim tickets to everyone level 85, every day, as part of the daily rewards.

This.

Also why would they ever make a premium currency purchasable with a common one? If they did, it would be 10 crystals/10k tickets.

I still take this deal. 20 crystals, here I come.
  • So will sim tickets eventually go away or staying as is?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    DT_Jango wrote: »
    So will sim tickets eventually go away or staying as is?

They are here to stay, they were just made irrelevant.
  • Gannon
    1619 posts Member
    Kyno wrote: »

Like so many of my toons 😫
  • I remember I used to buy sim tickets with my crystals when I started the game. I never had enough of them. Seems so long ago...
  • Pieriku wrote: »
    I remember I used to buy sim tickets with my crystals when I started the game. I never had enough of them. Seems so long ago...

Same, I shudder thinking of having those crystals now.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Gannon wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »

Like so many of my toons 😫

vd8n4sc4xdfd.gif
  • It was the days of when we could actually sell gear for credits now thats going back a bit lol
  • The reason you have so many sim tickets now is because the devs decided last year to effectively get rid of sim tickets as a QOL improvement. Instead of having to go through the massive mess of spaghetti code that is GOH to remove sim ticket functionality, they went the easier (and not breaking the game into a million pieces) way of giving a whole bunch of sim tickets to everyone level 85, every day, as part of the daily rewards.

That's what my computer science prof would call lazy code work. Unfortunate to see that at a professional level, especially in a game that makes such insane amounts of money.

OP, you have your answer. You have so many sim tickets simply because the devs (thankfully) made them irrelevant as a QoL improvement. Highly unlikely you'll ever be able to sell them.
  • I actually made the OP as tongue-in-cheek. Just thought it was funny they were selling 30 SIM tickets in shipments for 20 crystals when I am sitting on 30000.
  • Ephran
    499 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    When I first started I usually left Mace's challenges unfought, past the 2 for the dailies, because I never had any tickets and his gear is terrible. Now I have like 45k and just do em cuz why not?
  • Reyalp
    738 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    It was the days of when we could actually sell gear for credits now thats going back a bit lol

That should come back, although with revised exchange rates, and the original credit crunch. Kids these days with gear and credits a plenty - never known hard times :D
  • Sewpot
    2010 posts Member
    Would love to use these useless things up. You get enough now daily that they just build and build. 7dwqdb1f92a1.jpeg
  • Reyalp wrote: »
    It was the days of when we could actually sell gear for credits now thats going back a bit lol

That should come back, although with revised exchange rates, and the original credit crunch. Kids these days with gear and credits a plenty - never known hard times :D

I would rather be able to unequip gear and swap onto other characters.
  • Degs29 wrote: »

That's what my computer science prof would call lazy code work. Unfortunate to see that at a professional level, especially in a game that makes such insane amounts of money.

OP, you have your answer. You have so many sim tickets simply because the devs (thankfully) made them irrelevant as a QoL improvement. Highly unlikely you'll ever be able to sell them.

It may be lazy, but I'd rather they just up the number of sim tickets rather than break something trying to remove them entirely. We are a people of the pitchfork around here.