DSTB phase 6 SM

So riddle me this....
In LSTB you have the requirements of needing ROLO as your leader. Fair enough. But you’re allowed to use whatever other lightside character you’d like, you don’t NEED to use Rebels since they’re much more needed in the CM....anyway...

Why I’m DSTB are we required to have empire toons in not just the CM (typical and fine), but for the SM in phase 6 as well, requiring you to use Veers in the leader spot and IPD as support....it forces you to use either a weekend IMP squad or weaken your empire CM squad to have a chance to beat an entire first wave of elites. What’s the logic behind making the DSTB faction force rather than open ended like in LSTB?

Replies

• Dark side TB has always been more difficult and it's ok, you'll get there eventually. I just managed to complete the special mission for the first time one TB ago
  • I beat the Empire CM with g12 zzPalp lead, g12 Vader, g11 Storm, g12 Tarkin, and g8 Magma. That leaves Veers, Starck, Snow, Thrawn, and IPD for the special mission. I beat it last month but got whipped this time due to one stupid mistake, but with arena mods and good gear (g12 Thrawn, g11 troopers, g7 IPD) it was doable for me. It is just one of those roster depth checks, you know? Keep farming those troopers, get Range Trooper, and you'll have it done in no time.
    Idk if you know but the LSTB special mission used to require Captain Han Solo as well which made it a pretty rebel-heavy mission already. It was also released before JTR or the Yoda's rework, and there is a phase 6 rebel CM if I remember right so it used to spread you a lot more thin before there were 3 Light Side OP hero characters to spread around.
  • the problem is that to fill all platoons are needed a lot of empire toon..how i can do both if i must deploy ep, shore, tarkin, tfp, range?
  • LordInuy wrote: »
    the problem is that to fill all platoons are needed a lot of empire toon..how i can do both if i must deploy ep, shore, tarkin, tfp, range?
    We hardly bother with platoons in phase 6. Platoon 3/4 in middle and bottom are all full Empire. That’s 60 toons.

We went 2/6 in bottom and left middle alone.

FWIW, I completed special with Veers, Starck, Range, Thrawn (all g12) and IPD (g8).

Also completed Empire combat with EP, DT, Magma, Vader, Shore.