Game has become impossible

I can barely beat the first few levels of galactic war....ages ago I could clear it no sweat

In the squad arena....can’t get below 2,500 and in the past I was as high ranked as 1,500

What on earth is going on???

My main squad is as follows
- Kanan: 7 stars, max shards, attack’s/abilities all level 7, gear level 8

- Zeb: 7 stars, max shards, attack’s/abilities all level 7, gear level 8

- Ezra: 7 stars, max shards, attack’s/abilities all level 7, gear level 7

- Hera: 5 stars, attack’s/abilities all level 7, gear level 8

- chopper: 6 stars, attack’s/abilities all level 7, gear level 7

All of the above have max mods setup also....I am at a complete loss as to what I should do....I really used to like the game but it’s turning out to be impossible to win anything anymore

Appreciate some advise, thanks

Replies

• Um, keep playing and growing? You must still be an early player if you aren’t simming GW and you’re running Phoenix in arena. This game’s very much a marathon, not a sprint. :smile:
  • Sounds like you have outgrown your training wheels aka Phoenix squad. Finish grinding them to 7* g8 (g9 for Ezra if you can) to 7* Palpatine & Thrawn and make switch to either Empire command - Palp, Vader, Tarkin, Thrawn, Tie Pilot - or Jedi - Bastilia, Yoda, Ezra, Kanan + 1. Any 5 Jedi can be used to get Yoda.
  • Well. You’re using g8 characters. You’re getting to the point where you need to branch out and make multiple teams to complete Galactic War.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • I was the same way with my Phoenix squad but then I went hard after bastila and several Jedi. Then got Yoda. My galactic war team consists of bastila lead, Ezra, Kanan, yoda, and luminara. I have back up jedis who are Ayala, Ashoka, and baris. In case one of them get koed. I just focus on keeping bastila and yoda alive. I usually don’t have trouble until the last two nodes. But I beat most of them.
  • HQFireBall
    147 posts Member
    edited January 2019
  • If you ask around you can pick up a 4M GP account with Revan for a few hundred bucks. I heard someone swapped an account for a NES/SNES.

Better than spending 100K to catch up on a new account
  • crzydroid
    7252 posts Moderator
    edited January 2019
    If you ask around you can pick up a 4M GP account with Revan for a few hundred bucks. I heard someone swapped an account for a NES/SNES.

Better than spending 100K to catch up on a new account

Wouldn't actually recommend this, as I'm pretty sure it's against the TOS:

http://tos.ea.com/legalapp/webterms/us/en/pc

As others have said, other players on your shard have been expanding/evolving their rosters and moving on. Sounds like it's time for you to do the same. You'll find a lot of helpful advice on here on which direction to go in as a new player.
  • Warethu wrote: »
    I was the same way with my Phoenix squad but then I went hard after bastila and several Jedi. Then got Yoda. My galactic war team consists of bastila lead, Ezra, Kanan, yoda, and luminara. I have back up jedis who are Ayala, Ashoka, and baris. In case one of them get koed. I just focus on keeping bastila and yoda alive. I usually don’t have trouble until the last two nodes. But I beat most of them.

Thanks for the advise....will pursue this
  • I'm not surprised that you are struggling, Phoenix are needed to complete many parts of the game but for GW and Squad Arena there are far better characters and teams, ditch Phoenix and start building new teams
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Warethu wrote: »
    I was the same way with my Phoenix squad but then I went hard after bastila and several Jedi. Then got Yoda. My galactic war team consists of bastila lead, Ezra, Kanan, yoda, and luminara. I have back up jedis who are Ayala, Ashoka, and baris. In case one of them get koed. I just focus on keeping bastila and yoda alive. I usually don’t have trouble until the last two nodes. But I beat most of them.
    mbguz wrote: »

Do not pursue this. Awful. Lumi is garbage and Phoenix need Hera lead, even tho they start sucking soon (except for ships and thrawn)
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • crzydroid
    7252 posts Moderator
    edited January 2019
    The other piece of advice I would give is to make sure you are in a good guild doing heroic raids so you are getting good rewards.
  • What are thebpeople around you running with in arena? Click on then click their toons mods. Modding is everything
  • Gear your characters, I couldn't clear galactic war until I had a squad that was gear level 12, granted I focused on clones so they're not an OP squad like pheonix but still. Gear 8 is pretty weak.
  • Gifafi wrote: »

Do not pursue this. Awful. Lumi is garbage and Phoenix need Hera lead, even tho they start sucking soon (except for ships and thrawn)

A Bastilla lead jedi team, especially with GMY, makes GW easy. Lumi isn't great but the others will make up for her.
  • HQFireBall wrote: »

!
    Tag me if you reply to my comment so I know I should answer you!😀 My roster: https://swgoh.gg/p/842694912/
  • I suggest checking out warriors 'pillar' system on youtube...should give you a guide as who to farm to grow efficiently as possible.
  • mbguz wrote: »

I really DON'T recommend follow this advise! Luminara, Ayala etc. are wasting of time and resources atm! It's very important to keep laser focused in swgoh....As a guy above said, check Warrior's pillar guide 2019 edition https://youtu.be/_lsh22p8CnE
  • ^^^ THIS!
  • My Phoenix is probably the same as yours between 6 and 7 stars, gear around 8, abilities all 7, Level 72. Did you put mods? I put mostly 5* health and protection maxed out so they won't get killed easily. I'm around 350-250 in squad arena and clearing galactic war no problems...the power of my character is between 11k to 9k....
    Kanan 11k - Zeb 11k - Hera 10.5k - Ezra 10k - Chopper 9.8k (biggest to lowest in power). What I learned so far....if one of the toon got much lower power compare with the other 4, The opponent will kill that toon quickly and the synergy is gone. normally Chopper or Hera died first. So I always make sure every single toon power difference is not that much
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    papy72 wrote: »
    Gifafi wrote: »

A Bastilla lead jedi team, especially with GMY, makes GW easy. Lumi isn't great but the others will make up for her.

I guess it depens on where op is at, but lumi still is awful. No way anyone with bastilla (zeta hopefully) is using Lumi. Jussst sayin. I mean, if for GW I guess maybe? but nahhh
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Well, with a G8 Phoenix squad you unlock Palpatine and Thrawn, get Vader, focus on Tarkin and another Empire/Sith toon, and you have a very strong squad for both Arena and Galactic War. Then focus on the 2 jedi you can use for both Revan and Yoda (Bastilla Shan and Jolee Bindo), get Old Ben (who is also needed for CLS) and with the 2 Phoenix jedi you can unlock GMY. A team of Bastilla (lead), Jolee, GMY, Kanan and Ezra is quite good for GW.

And honestly, I have played for less than 5 months and am closing on a few G12 toons and have unlocked all journey toons now targeting C3PO (clearly Chewie is beyond me yet), so I would expect someone playing *for ages* at least to have somewhat comparable roster...
  • Altazarus wrote: »
    Well, with a G8 Phoenix squad you unlock Palpatine and Thrawn, get Vader, focus on Tarkin and another Empire/Sith toon, and you have a very strong squad for both Arena and Galactic War. Then focus on the 2 jedi you can use for both Revan and Yoda (Bastilla Shan and Jolee Bindo), get Old Ben (who is also needed for CLS) and with the 2 Phoenix jedi you can unlock GMY. A team of Bastilla (lead), Jolee, GMY, Kanan and Ezra is quite good for GW.

And honestly, I have played for less than 5 months and am closing on a few G12 toons and have unlocked all journey toons now targeting C3PO (clearly Chewie is beyond me yet), so I would expect someone playing *for ages* at least to have somewhat comparable roster...

I find that progress hard to believe in 5 months as free to play. I'm 11 months in with couple $100 spent o n crystals and I'm at 1.7mil gp, five gear 12 (jkr,jtr,cls,bossk,thrawn). As ftp he's fine, no need to progress shame .

Pillars is a great setup
  • A quick and dirty guide to mid-game Galactic War--
    I posted this a long time ago, but that was before you could sim if you won enough GWs and long enough ago that a lot of characters weren't around. First off, before anything else, if you are able to upgrade abilities to Zeta level, then simply take Finn, slap a zeta on his Leader ability, pair him with Poe and Resistance Trooper and preferably two other Resistance characters and cruise control to victory. If not, read on.

Early Galactic War is pretty easy and you're going to win quite a few. But as your Galactic Power rises, you're going to face increasingly difficult competition and you'll start to lose a few here and there, then lose quite a few. Eventually your collection matures to the point where Galactic War becomes trivial again and you'll be fine. Luckily, the current threshold for simming GW is only 50 wins, so you might avoid that part all together!

The first thing you need to understand is how the nodes are populated. When I was actively doing GW every day the game took the combined Power of your top five characters and used that as the X value. Every node had a team with a Galactic Power based off of X. So if your five strongest characters were a total power of 100,000 (You'll be simming well before you reach this point of power, but I'm bad at math so I need easy numbers ;) ) then the first team you face will be something like 50% of their GP, so a team of 50,000 GP. It scales upwards with spikes every three nodes. By the final node you're facing teams with 150% of your strongest five characters' combined GPs.

As I said, the early ones are easy because everyone only has a couple good teams at that stage, so you can take one team (Phoenix, in your case) and ride them from node 1 all the way to node 12. As the difficulty progresses you're going to face up against teams that outclass your one team, and that one team will lose its protection midway through, making GW very hard. The solution to this is multiple teams, because improving the Power of any character that isn't in your top 5 won't increase the difficulty of opponents you face. But it's not enough to simply have multiple teams, you need to know how to use them effectively:

Call your main team Team A, and your second team Team B. If you can make a third team, they're Team C. For the first node, use your Team A and try to win using only basic abilities, or specials with short cooldowns. Win as fast as you can to preserve protection, and try to monkey it so you have a lot of characters with strong Turn Meters at the end of the fight. For node 2, use Team B and do the same. For node 3 use Team C, and try to ride as far through the Galactic War as you can with Team C the rest of the way. If they die, switch over to Team B. If they die, go as far as you can with Team A.

The purpose of this is to conserve your main team's strength as much as possible for as long as possible so you can use it against the stronger, later opponents. Using Team A early just means you're going to lose protection and blow cooldowns. Moreover, if you monkey the Turn Meter correctly you'll be able to start each battle with several turns in a row, enough to cripple most teams.

Last thing to mention is strategic retreating. You can retreat at any time by tapping the buttons up in the corner, I haven't had to do it in a while so I don't remember the exact sequence off the top of my head. But when you retreat from Galactic War, it's as if that entire fight didn't happen. Both teams are completely reset. The random number seeding for this game is also such that if you do the exact same things in the exact same order with and against the exact same characters, the exact same results will occur 100% of the time. So if you do your first attack and it's dodged, you can retreat, reload, and try again using that same attack against that same character and it will always miss. But if you change anything--which ability you use, which target you use it against, etc--then the results will change. You can use this to your advantage to win a lot of fights that you otherwise shouldn't, provided you have the patience. A lot of people don't, I did, but now I just sim and everything is wonderful and I don't care any more ;)
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.