LOL I win my Grand Arena battles because I am more addicted to the game.

My 1st round I lost.
2nd enemy set up no defense. I won.
3rd round, enemy set up defense but didn't attack. I won.
I take 3rd place overall mostly for.participation.

Not a complaint. I just think this might be the norm.

Replies

• Yeah they need to reduce the awards to near zero for people that do nothing. Or greatly increase the awards to encourage people to try. Half of the people not setting D or not trying to attack is lame.

For instance, if they awarded 15 Mark V stun guns per round victory, participation would drastically increase.
  • VonZant wrote: »
    Yeah they need to reduce the awards to near zero for people that do nothing. Or greatly increase the awards to encourage people to try. Half of the people not setting D or not trying to attack is lame.

For instance, if they awarded 15 Mark V stun guns per round victory, participation would drastically increase.

LOLz. You and I both know they won't be giving those out. That's the bottleneck for gearing.
  • It’s pretty common, I suspect. To date, every GA I’ve been in has had at least two inactive or minimally active players in the group.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    VonZant wrote: »
    Yeah they need to reduce the awards to near zero for people that do nothing. Or greatly increase the awards to encourage people to try. Half of the people not setting D or not trying to attack is lame.

Be interesting if they picked a piece of high value gear, mk3 caribanti, stun guns, or gold eye balls, then give them out based on points earned. 3-5 per match for roughly the amount of points if you attack 80% of the teams. Pretty sure that would stop the inactive joiners real quick.

Scale it from 1-2 for placing all defensive teams, up to the max for the 80% mentioned.
  • I want to complain about GA’s unfair matchmaking.

I keep reading about people on the forum who get easy victories against opponents who don’t bother setting defence and/or don’t bother to attack. Many of my guild mates report the same thing.

Why do I never get matched up with these people? Every single one of the 12 rounds I’ve played has been a vicious dogfight, where no quarter is asked nor given. Full board clears are the norm, as is an entertaining exchange on the in game messenger.

Despite the fun these tooth and nail contests bring, if there are easy victories against non-participants to be had, I want me some of them!
  • @DarjeloSalas
    My GP of 1.35million might have an oddity to how it matches me because I took 2 years off. There might be a factor in the matching calculation that pairs me with less competitive people.
  • Kyno wrote: »

Be interesting if they picked a piece of high value gear, mk3 caribanti, stun guns, or gold eye balls, then give them out based on points earned. 3-5 per match for roughly the amount of points if you attack 80% of the teams. Pretty sure that would stop the inactive joiners real quick.

Scale it from 1-2 for placing all defensive teams, up to the max for the 80% mentioned.

I think an even simpler approach of credits for each defence set would probably be better.

The kind of people who would only be encouraged to attack for gear probably aren't particularly competitive and are probably the kind of people to not set defence. Your idea incentivises attacking over defending, so these people would probably set no defence and then make some attacks, further annoying their opponents. If setting a defence is incentivised, then these non-competitive people can do that and not worry about attacking, while their opponent who wants to actually play the game gets to take out their defences.
    https://swgoh.gg/u/ionastarbound/
    Discord: Iona Starbound#5299
  • Kyno wrote: »

Would honestly prefer that over a daily waiting game.