"Vanilla" Territory Wars? I'm confused by the description.

Prev1
CG_SBCrumb
As mentioned previously, we will be cycling back to the Vanilla version of Territory Wars occasionally. Vanilla Territory Wars is the standard mode that has no special bonuses or bans, it’s the regular Territory Wars you played for many moons.

The version we played originally had special bonuses for First Order and Bounty Hunters, is that still the case?

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    evoluza wrote: »
    I guess "no special bonuses" will mean "no special bonuses"

This is my understanding.

Also the BH and FO bonuses were no where near good enough to matter like the new system is doing.

So vanilla will be no bonuses and future changes will be on the new scale of bonuses.
  • Jarvind
    3925 posts Member
    To be honest, those BH and FO bonuses were so minor that until I read this, I forgot they existed.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Jarvind wrote: »
    To be honest, those BH and FO bonuses were so minor that until I read this, I forgot they existed.

By the sounds of it, the Devs have forgotten too
  • They were nice for setting defense that people would underestimate. Zbossk defenses were great under those bonuses. And there was a scoundrel bonus along with FO and BH. So the BH's got a double dip bonus. It wasn't crazy like it is now, but it could sneak up on you.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    "vanilla" smh
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • This entire premise is smoke and mirrors. We complain TW needs work, matching is wrong, etc. So, they answer by messing it up even more. So we complain about the new changes instead of the previous complaints. Misdirection. At some point they will go back to how it was and ignore it again. Hamster wheel.
  • Why have I always thought that it was FO and Resistance that got bonuses and not FO and BH?
    THE SUPREME JAWA OVERLORD!
  • It's loaded language intended to influence us to favor their new "Community Style" TW. I prefer to call them Standard and Experimental TW.
  • Why have I always thought that it was FO and Resistance that got bonuses and not FO and BH?

I think you are right
  • HK666
    1263 posts Member
    @MagicMatthews99
    I'm pretty sure it was resistance, scoundrels, BH and FO
  • You're all playing in to their hands :D. They don't remember either and are hoping we will jog their memory. :p

Talk about keeping documentation - pfft software development 101 guys!
  • Ultra
    11490 posts Moderator
    Originally it was FO and Resistance

They later added scoundrels and BH

And yes, Vanilla means no bonuses to any faction including First Order, Resistance, Bounty Hunters etc.
  • Sewpot
    2010 posts Member
    ^^^lol
  • JBP0010 wrote: »
    JBP0010 wrote: »
    I noticed there are no bonus descriptions in the details of the new TW. Are there still going to be bonuses on this one?

NO. Read before ask

What i read was that this TW and the next would have the same bonuses as the last TW. Where is the notice saying otherwise. And I'll ask any time i want

It's the one labeled with the date of this TW
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/193796/territory-wars-1-28-2019#latest
  • Sewpot
    2010 posts Member
    I noticed there are no bonus descriptions in the details of the new TW. Are there still going to be bonuses on this one?

NO. Read before ask

What i read was that this TW and the next would have the same bonuses as the last TW. Where is the notice saying otherwise. And I'll ask any time i want

It's the one labeled with the date of this TW
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/193796/territory-wars-1-28-2019#latest
    That’s from Jan 24 and this from Jan 25
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/193884/territory-wars-1-31-2-10
  • I don’t like the “vanilla” name. I like no bonus tw and to call it vanilla is an insult.

Seriously it’s 2019. If you order plain vanilla ice cream then you are a psycho
  • nQthing wrote: »

Nothing wrong with vanilla. I like mine with rainbow sprinkles and a cherry on top.

When I'm really wild I like to use blood of virgins, the scalps of my enemies, and eyeballs from people who looked at me funny.
  • They should call it "real" TW and the other stuff "developer wacky war". Don't try to blame it on the community.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Ultra wrote: »
    Originally it was FO and Resistance

They later added scoundrels and BH

And yes, Vanilla means no bonuses to any faction including First Order, Resistance, Bounty Hunters etc.

I'm not stupid!

And I still can't unlink the association of vanilla with the Fifty Shades series. Whenever I hear vanilla, vanilla sex pops into my head.
    THE SUPREME JAWA OVERLORD!
  • I still can't unlink the association of vanilla with the Fifty Shades series. Whenever I hear vanilla, vanilla sex pops into my head.

Ummmm....that's not their fault. :o
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • It's the boring TW with all the standard vanilla teams like Bossk and KRU and Traya and Revan and Bastila on defence and you save RJT and CLS and troopers and NS on offence.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Rhialto wrote: »
    CG_SBCrumb
    As mentioned previously, we will be cycling back to the Vanilla version of Territory Wars occasionally. Vanilla Territory Wars is the standard mode that has no special bonuses or bans, it’s the regular Territory Wars you played for many moons.

The version we played originally had special bonuses for First Order and Bounty Hunters, is that still the case?

wut
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Anyone who's confused should check the ingame details of the event. It's pure vanilla as the name implies.
  • nQthing wrote: »
    I don’t like the “vanilla” name. I like no bonus tw and to call it vanilla is an insult.

Vanilla ice cream is great.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    No_Try wrote: »
    Anyone who's confused should check the ingame details of the event. It's pure vanilla as the name implies.

I applied for a job the other day and i asked if they had a vanilla application form, they said no.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Well if the original tw is vanilla, these new ones are poo flavored ice cream. So I'll choose vanilla every time. Thanks