3/4 dot mods

Hey CG

I know I'm not the only one who proposed this but hope never dies ;-)

3/4 dot mods are completly useless in the game. Still a big chunk of mod drops from the mod store, events and farming is 3/4 dot mods. You can not slice them, you can just sell them. So whats the idea of having them in the game at all?

Ok to argue is one thing but I want to deliver some possibilitys to make it a constructive critisism.

1. make 3/4 dot mods slicable to 5 dot mods. Then the mods have purpose.

2. If you dont want to implement slicing for 3/4 dot mods, take them away from the mod store, events and the higest tier of mod farm.

Thats all it takes... Sounds easy, doesnt it?

Replies

• 100% agree. After you guys (CG) did extremely well about the unpleasantries of the game, e.g. Galactic War, Broncium Packages, ...; Mod Management has become the #1 nuisance about the game. Is it unnecessary to keep my lvl 1 gold mods for when they might become useful, sure it is! Nevertheless, having to "clean house" every 1-2 weeks because my Mod Inventory is packed is just meh!
  • Naw
    969 posts Member
    Please make it possible to sell mods upon receiving them, it will save a lot of time and trouble.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Big chunk?
    qx6r511y77b0.jpg
    I do sell them but have not done so in a while, so events and stores are not a big chunk of them. They do drop from the mod table and challenges, but that us really the only place they could be considered a "big chunk" of the drop.
    They cannot go back and make them slice-able now, they said the wouldnt be and people have been getting rid of them, it would be a huge issue if they went back on that now.
    I dont believe any 3 dots drop anywhere other than the mod challenges and tables.

4s come from a few sources and maybe could be dropped but it is not likely.
  • I think that would be great. I have lots of 4* mods with speed secondaries at 14 or 15. It would be really useful if we could slice those instead of leaving them at blue or purple forever.
  • Kyno wrote: »
    Big chunk?
    qx6r511y77b0.jpg
    I do sell them but have not done so in a while, so events and stores are not a big chunk of them. They do drop from the mod table and challenges, but that us really the only place they could be considered a "big chunk" of the drop.
    They cannot go back and make them slice-able now, they said the wouldnt be and people have been getting rid of them, it would be a huge issue if they went back on that now.
    I dont believe any 3 dots drop anywhere other than the mod challenges and tables.

They absolutely can go back. Think when it upgraded to lvl 85 all the EXP we had lost. Or how abkut when the gold droids changed to juat gold... All the hoarded droids we lost.
  • Jarvind
    3925 posts Member
    4-dot mods of blue or better quality are still handy. I've got some with good speed secondaries that I still use. They cost dramatically less to max out, too.

I will agree that the existence of anything below 4-dot is fairly pointless. 4- and 5-dot mods are so easy to amass that there's no reason to ever use them.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Sewpot
    2010 posts Member
    I’d be more happy to finally buy a mod from mod store and have the speed go up for once.
    It’s a trap!!
  • A 3 dot speed arrow is often more useful than a 5 dot non-speed
  • Ikky2win
    870 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Putting them in the mod shop is pointless though. No one buys them. They are just there for us to skip over. I doubt anyone even looks at anything other than 5 dot in the mod shop. I know I don’t.
  • A 3 dot speed arrow is often more useful than a 5 dot non-speed

Maybe, but there not even sliceable within their own dot range. Maybe you have the godlike 4 dot green mod and it will ever be a green mod. No possibility to slice it up to gold. But what if you can just upgrade it to 5 dots?
  • Kyno wrote: »
    Big chunk?
    qx6r511y77b0.jpg

They absolutely can go back. Think when it upgraded to lvl 85 all the EXP we had lost. Or how abkut when the gold droids changed to juat gold... All the hoarded droids we lost.

The gold droids weren’t lost, they were converted to credits and added to your bankroll,