Grand Arena Cadence

I would like to thank you to put up 2 GA in February (9th & 23rd). Only having one in January was a big disappointment.

I still hope the cadence will eventually upgrade to once per week instead of every two weeks but I can't say I am not happy to see it happen more than just once per month!

Replies

• Ultra
    11491 posts Moderator
    They should run it simultaneously with Territory Battles tbh
  • Tb is simple, TW takes a lot more time, I think you were mixed up there,
    dominiQC wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »
    They should run it simultaneously with Territory Battles tbh

They have a similar duration so the timing would be perfect. But for most players, TB represent a lot more work than TW. For us its just autoing a couple more battles per day 😜

• Fair enough, I still contend that Tb is simpler across the board, if only because it is play at your leisure/convenience, whereas TW requires a lot more checking and work, at any GP level .
  • Neo2551
    1824 posts Member
    They should be weekly. The best game mode of the game as of now, and it is fun to fight with other players.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    I'd like it way more often too.
  • This. This. THIS.

A huge thank you for a second. One was certainly a disappointment. This is easily your most loved game mode right now, having less than two any month as long as that's the case is a bit silly.

Given that it's meant to be the "true end game" to both hone and display your skill, I could see arguments for it being weekly. Despite how much I love the game mode, and would love to see that happen, from a designers point of view, that would be bad for business.

For starters, having more means they should likely reduce the rewards significantly, we can't be getting 3 zetas a week from one game mode only, in addition to everything else we get.

Second, it limits their design in other portions of the game. They cant put too many events active at the same time, or else it is overwhelming to players. While many love the mobile game... people don't play a game on a phone (as opposed to a PC or console) to play it ALL the time. This means less new events in the future, or less ways they can design those events. For example, we know nothing about mythic raids, perhaps they plan on creating some event-like battle rather than just a power creep on guild heroics and token cost. If not, it only hampers new future events and current events (i.e. TW).

I think they are already seeing that issue with legendary events. There is a reason that BB8 is now always with JTR and likewise for R2/CLS. They are running out of weeks to do things. With the addition of chewy, millennium falcon, JKR, etc. There is always a weekly event up. Time between events is greatly increasing. GMY, who is normally around every 60 to 70 days, is now showing up at the 100 day mark. This is just a few examples of adding more of something to the game delays or prevents or from running other content of the same type.

Tldr; I'd love to have it weekly, but 2/month is probably ideal for both the community and SWGoH for the long term value to both the community appreciation as well as future design possibilities.
  • Fair enough, I still contend that Tb is simpler across the board, if only because it is play at your leisure/convenience, whereas TW requires a lot more checking and work, at any GP level .

In relatively higher end guilds, quite a few players do absolutely nothing other than autoing the SMs they have access to. It’s my busy work season now and i usually go home to fully starred phases other than 5/6 lol.
  • Sure GA is time consuming and unfulfilling for many but CG has tricked me into committing two of my quests to it then does not schedule it for a month. Why?
  • I prefer GA over TW by miles. Tw requires constant checking to see if the next territory has opened. GA I can do at my own pace.
  • JaggedJ
    1352 posts Member
    Yes more often. I have no issue collecting 8th place rewards for doing nothing every week.
  • Don't mix GA with TW, I wouldn't have time to do it.
  • GA should just start at the same time, same day, every week... There's no reason for it not to be going, since all the content is player driven
  • I would like as much ga as possible too. A solo competitive mode where you can use all your strats and tricks and all the teams you built, instead of only one paywalled flavour of the quarter. Give me more !
  • Ga should be weekly.
    Sure,its a time sink if a TW is running as well but in the end it's upto the player to decide if they want to participate or not.Even just joining the event will net rewards for everyone so what's the harm.
  • That's cool that you like GA but I think it's trash. There's already too many commitments in the game and this is another offering that doesn't give rewards commensurate with the time investment. Now add on the fact that they're running GA alongside TB/TW? I don't need TW, GA, and 1-3 raids in a day on top of arena / fleet arena.
    Once a month is plenty if they're going to run simultaneous events.
  • BootLoops wrote: »
    That's cool that you like GA but I think it's trash. There's already too many commitments in the game and this is another offering that doesn't give rewards commensurate with the time investment. Now add on the fact that they're running GA alongside TB/TW? I don't need TW, GA, and 1-3 raids in a day on top of arena / fleet arena.
    Once a month is plenty if they're going to run simultaneous events.

You can choose to opt out in certain events if they don’t fit your savvy.