Jedi Master Luke

can we please introduce a jedi master luke? astral projection taunt with high evasion??? anyone agree???

Replies

• Ultra
    11502 posts Moderator
    Options
    They waited this long, might as well wait till episode IX comes out at the end of the year just in case Luke reappears and make a more complete kit based on the sequels
  • Options
    lets get jedi knight luke first, lol. then we'll see about jedi master
  • Options
    isnt commander luke basically jedi luke?
  • Ultra
    11502 posts Moderator
    Options
    TheReaver wrote: »
    isnt commander luke basically jedi luke?
    Nope
  • Options
    You also have to consider faction balance. Giving Revan another powerful tool wouldn't be unduly healthy.

I'm all for Jedi getting cool stuff, but other factions need love before Jedi can get more.
    Keyboard Warrior on the side of the Moderates
    I play the game for fun, if you don't like content, don't like the game, then why are you here?
  • Options
    Actually, Luke has never become a real Jedi Master. There was noone to give him such a title, he had to improvise a lot, and due to these points and his own uncertainties, I doubt that he ever officialle referred to himself as "Master". Imho, Ep. 8 Luke would just be "Jedi Knight Luke".
  • Options
    We don't even have normal Jedi Luke and you are asking for old man luke?
  • Ephran
    499 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    CadoaBane wrote: »
    Actually, Luke has never become a real Jedi Master. There was noone to give him such a title, he had to improvise a lot, and due to these points and his own uncertainties, I doubt that he ever officialle referred to himself as "Master". Imho, Ep. 8 Luke would just be "Jedi Knight Luke".

He had two Jedi Masters hanging out with him and they even said that he was a Jedi as long as he defeated Vader. He did, so he was a Jedi Knight. He also had some of the original Jedi texts to guide him. He was a Jedi Knight, like his father before him at the end of 6. By 7 he had had his own academy and certainly would qualify as a master.
  • Options
    Ephran wrote: »

He had two Jedi Masters hanging out with him and they even said that he was a Jedi as long as he defeated Vader. He did, so he was a Jedi Knight. He also had some of the original Jedi texts to guide him. He was a Jedi Knight, like his father before him at the end of 6. By 7 he had had his own academy and certainly would qualify as a master.
    That's not enough to qualify someone as a Master. He never wanted to teach the next generation, he felt forced to do it because he was the only one who could. But he was full of uncertainties (as well in the old EU as in the new canon). I believe (in canon) he became a real Jedi Master just before he died; when he freed himself from bitterness about the past and let the Force guide him the way to his needed sacrifice.
  • Options
    Jedi Master Luke release with Episode 9 gives him a revive that turns him into a Force Ghost, turning him into the first two-in-one character and forever changing the meta of the game.
    and he's released in a Marquee event
    #MakeTuskensGreat
    tenor.gif
  • Options
    Alijar1 wrote: »
    Jedi Master Luke release with Episode 9 gives him a revive that turns him into a Force Ghost, turning him into the first two-in-one character and forever changing the meta of the game.
    and he's released in a Marquee event

what does this mean?? he's already there? i love yalls feedback btw. i hate to get caught up in the "jedi master" terminology. i just wanted a luke from the new series and some of his cool abilities. yall are great and diehard!!
  • Options
    Ephran wrote: »

That's not enough to qualify someone as a Master. He never wanted to teach the next generation, he felt forced to do it because he was the only one who could. But he was full of uncertainties (as well in the old EU as in the new canon). I believe (in canon) he became a real Jedi Master just before he died; when he freed himself from bitterness about the past and let the Force guide him the way to his needed sacrifice.

In the old EU he embraced his role as Grand Master and settled into the role though trails of fire.