R2 Number Crunch

Can someone explain why this is so good? It appears it only adds 2-3k health to the team, and the rest is minimal.

Must be missing something?

Replies

• Its not just the health, but also the Protection, Offense and Potency. When combined with 4 allies from a faction, for example Resistance, he gains 40% potency boost, and then gives 10% of the boosted stats back to the team. That is a huge boost that allows debuff's like speed down to stick in the P1 sith raid team
  • Ok but he gains the 40% without the Zeta right?
    He gives back 10% which isn’t much except for the health/prot?
  • 10% back after the bonuses is ~ 6k health and 3k+ protection. The health alone is like adding a g12 piece... to everyone on your team. The offense isn't negligible either. Even if R2 isn't an attacker, it's still roughly equivalent to getting a 7th mod with offense primary on every member of your team (w/o the speed). Potency makes a big difference too when you think about how many debuffs rebels and resistance apply.
  • Cuddlebear wrote: »
    10% back after the bonuses is ~ 6k health and 3k+ protection. The health alone is like adding a g12 piece... to everyone on your team. The offense isn't negligible either. Even if R2 isn't an attacker, it's still roughly equivalent to getting a 7th mod with offense primary on every member of your team (w/o the speed). Potency makes a big difference too when you think about how many debuffs rebels and resistance apply.

6k health is huge. So how is that possible? R2 with 60k health? I’m still missing something...
  • It's very good, you just don't see the difference as easily as you see it with Han/Chewie zetas or Finn/Kru which take teams from worthless to useful.
  • Just got this zeta yesterday. Almost doubled my raid dmg. Not sure how but I’ll take it
  • Azazel61 wrote: »
    Cuddlebear wrote: »
    10% back after the bonuses is ~ 6k health and 3k+ protection. The health alone is like adding a g12 piece... to everyone on your team. The offense isn't negligible either. Even if R2 isn't an attacker, it's still roughly equivalent to getting a 7th mod with offense primary on every member of your team (w/o the speed). Potency makes a big difference too when you think about how many debuffs rebels and resistance apply.

6k health is huge. So how is that possible? R2 with 60k health? I’m still missing something...

At g12 with mods etc you can get R2 to about 40k health (mine is around 38k but not that well modded so I'm rounding). In a rebel team, the 10% gained from rebel allies gets you 50%. .5 x40k =20k. Add the 20k to the original 40 and you get 60. 10% of that is 6k which is what goes back to the team. Obviously my rounding is pretty lazy but it's still great at 5k health and we aren't even talking about protection from other droids like 3po.
    Cuddlebear wrote: »

My r2 is 39K health and I haven’t equipped either g12+ items. They would add a further 6100, so max health around 45K is definitely doable for a fully geared R2.

With the additional 22.5K from a full Rebel team, that’s nearly 70K Health, so team mates are gaining nearly 7K health.
  • Ok. Put zeta on R2!!
  • I just realised my mistake. He gains 10% for EACH rebel ally. I initially thought he only gained 10% total. Now I see how he starts with so much health!
  • dominiQC wrote: »
    I would also note that with C3P0 zeta which gives translation to R2 at the beginning of the fight, before number crunch zeta is applied to everyone, is also a big big boost

How would you know it’s applied before R2 zeta?
  • Also the zeta doesn't just boost your rebel team,because he is also viable in resistance or droid teams, so you are boosting three teams.
  • Also the zeta doesn't just boost your rebel team,because he is also viable in resistance or droid teams, so you are boosting three teams.

He also synergizes with galactic republic so he’s great with CUP and JKG.
  • Bobo_Gump
    216 posts Member
    Now Padme lead adds 50% max health. How does this interact with number crunch and 3p0s zeta for translation at the start? Is the total max health added from R2s base health eg: 50k base hp x 50%(padme lead) + 50k base hp x 30% (translation) + 50k base hp x 10% for each rebel (R2 Z2). Or is it multiplied ((50k base hp x 1.5)x1.3)+10% per rebels)?

Also, if 3p0 wasn't zeta'd and translation is applied during battle, does that mean the 30% max health boast is not applied to number crunch dynamically so therefore R2s 10% health shared to allies would be less?
  • AFAIK R2 shares stats at start of battle... So mods, leadership abilities apply, during game buffs don't
  • @OP, Nah mate. R2D2 sucks. Leave him alone. Go all in on Chopper though.

@everyone else, keep on as is. Nothing to see here.
    I just realised my mistake. He gains 10% for EACH rebel ally. I initially thought he only gained 10% total. Now I see how he starts with so much health!

Imagine modding him appropriately!