Requirements RIP F2P

F2p for years trying to grind for the next new character dont think ill ever unlock JTR

need both veterans 7* but they are both in cantina for max sim.

i cant even start on revan yet. blah blah blah save prepare blah stragize your gear blah blah pay to win.

Replies

• No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    GIT GUD
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    HadToDoIt wrote: »
    F2p for years trying to grind for the next new character dont think ill ever unlock JTR

i cant even start on revan yet. blah blah blah save prepare blah stragize your gear blah blah pay to win.

Cool, so who hurt you?
  • Man, waiting and grinding out requirements is just the worst isn't it? Anyone trying to unlock a toon better just stop instantly and focus on another toon which is unobtainable this time around and then continue the cycle. If you focus solely on one toon and unlock them then you wont have anything to complain about.
  • HadToDoIt wrote: »

I've been playing almost 2 years and am completely ftp (used a student email so I can't spend money) and I got JTR the third time she came around. I missed her the second time by about 40 Han shards. I didn't get Revan last time but I'm ready for him this time. I've never maxed a Legendary character the first time around, you just prepare for them to return. You've had long to get her that complaining at this point is just beyond childish.
  • HadToDoIt wrote: »

The vets are a crappy farm. But if you focus and spend 300 crystals a day on the cheap refreshes you can get about 11 shards a day. That'll get them both to 7 stars in about 50 days.

300 crystals a day isn't super hard to get if you are somewhat competitive in the arenas.

Also if you have enough you can buy the extra cantina energy when the packs come around. That will speed up your farm for not too much extra.

It's doable ftp. It just takes focus.
  • If you aren't satisfied with the game as F2P, either pay or find a new game. The game is very well balanced for F2P, probably the best of any mobile game out there. I've always understood the division between F2P and P2P in this game, and I've just worked my hardest. Remember, they need to put the game heavily in favor of the P2P people because the game is not made on dreams and clouds, but with money that they get from P2P people exclusively.
  • Damodamo
    1586 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    So don’t expect to get everything all at once, pick one and aim for it, then go for the next thing, I’m completely f2p, I got cls 2nd time around, jtr 2nd time around, r2 and bb8 first time to be fair, falcon at 5* 1st time around, revan I’m 2 shards from being ready, c3po I’ll be ready for next time and falcon I’ll finish next time around..

Unless your whaling get over not getting the shiny stuff and work towards it..tired of seeing people moan they can’t have stuff right now, while stamping there feet, waving there hands in the air and potentially crying as well..
  • Chima
    113 posts Member
    300 crystals a day isn't super hard to get if you are somewhat competitive in the arenas.
    Well, is almost impossible to be competitive in arena squadron if you don't have Traya, Revan, CLS, Chewie or C3PO. And for this, you must have all the characters to get them and build a team around them by getting them on hard nodes and cantina as well. If you choose the Fleet arena you must farm the pilots, usually, they are on hard nodes and cantina as well.
    Isn't too easy to be competitive, you must choose a path and follow it until you are able to get some crystals day.
    If you are not able to get crystals to make refreshes you are doomed as F2P.

• Chima wrote: »
    Well, is almost impossible to be competitive in arena squadron if you don't have Traya, Revan, CLS, Chewie or C3PO. And for this, you must have all the characters to get them and build a team around them by getting them on hard nodes and cantina as well. If you choose the Fleet arena you must farm the pilots, usually, they are on hard nodes and cantina as well.
    Isn't too easy to be competitive, you must choose a path and follow it until you are able to get some crystals day.

I'm getting at least 200 crystals a day completely f2p. If I were to focus fleet more, I could probably get 250. It's doable.
  • Chima
    113 posts Member
    mesa176750 wrote: »
    Chima wrote: »

I'm getting at least 200 crystals a day completely f2p. If I were to focus fleet more, I could probably get 250. It's doable.

No one said it's impossible, I'm getting every day around 550 crystals completely f2p. But I don't have a bunch of things just because I chose to follow the fleet path. I don't have Revan, RTJ, CLS but I got Chewie (because of the BH ships and pilots). I'm just saying that isn't easy.

Now I'm able to do a bunch of refreshes to go for the things I don't have yet. If you follow the "common sense" and go straight for the legendaries characters BEFORE you have a way to self-sustaining, you are doomed.

And I know what I'm saying because I'm kind a new on this game.

Everyone in your shard started at or around the same time as you. While there are some whales, the top 200 are not whales. You can build a team and start doing progressively better.

I ran ep, thrawn, sion, nihilas, and vader for quite awhile (from Feb til Nov) and held in the top 5 and later in the top 30 or so after revan came. In Nov I got traya and subbed her in for vader and take top 5 again.

And fleet there are several options. My top 10 or so are full of falcoln but the top 50 beyond that are mostly older teams.

You get 100 crystals a day from dailies so that only leaves 200 that you need from both arenas. That isn't counting crystals from other sources like achievements. Those can be saved to supplement a short day.

What teams or fleets are best, depends on your roster and the age of your shard so can't say for you for sure. My shard is pretty old so we have a lot of Chewies and 3POs but I imagine newer shards have less of those and less trayas. So look and see what's in your top 50 and work in a team that you can get that is either one of those teams or is good against some of those teams.

I personally think going for revan first is better than jtr since he's more dominant and the overall farm is easier. But that also depends on how close you are to jtr.
  • mesa176750 wrote: »

I focused and now I net about 900 crystals a day, have all the legendaries (minus revan but will have him as soon as the event goes live), and have a stash of 24k in crystals saved for the next legendary (which I'm pretty sure will be soon. Already focus farming likely toons).

Now that took a year of focus. (My 1st year or so playing weren't all that focused). But it is doable.
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    edited January 2019

When did you start?

No one said it's impossible, I'm getting every day around 550 crystals completely f2p. But I don't have a bunch of things just because I chose to follow the fleet path. I don't have Revan, RTJ, CLS but I got Chewie (because of the BH ships and pilots). I'm just saying that isn't easy.

Now I'm able to do a bunch of refreshes to go for the things I don't have yet. If you follow the "common sense" and go straight for the legendaries characters BEFORE you have a way to self-sustaining, you are doomed.

You can focus on both really. It's all about taking the path of least resistance. Farm characters that are good in many areas.

If I were starting today, I would go for Bastilla, Jolee and ezra as quiclkly as possible. It gets you a good core of an arena team and sets you up to get revan fairly early.

Then of course, you need scoundrels for credit heistes. Bhs are good for that since you need them for chewie anyway and most have ships.

Biggs, fett, vader, and the rest of Phoenix are also good starters.

After a few weeks my goal would be to be running bastilla lead, ezra, jolee, fett, and probably jc or luminaria as a 5th. In a brand new shard that should do ok. Then you start focusing on getting bastilla and jolee to 7 stars. And ezra and Phoenix as well where it doesn't interfere. Then two other jedi where it doesn't interfere so you get gmy. Start farming t3 and mission on cantina as soon as you can. With good allies it shouldn't be long. Farm good ships from the fleet shop.

Then when you get gmy switch out the jc/luminaria for gmy and when you get revan swap out fett for revan and you have a meta team in probably 4 to 6 months. Granted revan probably won't be meta by then but he'll be competitive for awhile going forward.

• Nihion
    3340 posts Member

You can focus on both really. It's all about taking the path of least resistance. Farm characters that are good in many areas.

If I were starting today, I would go for Bastilla, Jolee and ezra as quiclkly as possible. It gets you a good core of an arena team and sets you up to get revan fairly early.

Then of course, you need scoundrels for credit heistes. Bhs are good for that since you need them for chewie anyway and most have ships.

After a few weeks my goal would be to be running bastilla lead, ezra, jolee, fett, and probably jc or luminaria as a 5th. In a brand new shard that should do ok. Then you start focusing on getting bastilla and jolee to 7 stars. And ezra and Phoenix as well where it doesn't interfere. Then two other jedi where it doesn't interfere so you get gmy. Start farming t3 and mission on cantina as soon as you can. With good allies it shouldn't be long. Farm good ships from the fleet shop.

Then when you get gmy switch out the jc/luminaria for gmy and when you get revan swap out fett for revan and you have a meta team in probably 4 to 6 months. Granted revan probably won't be meta by then but he'll be competitive for awhile going forward.

4 to 6 months? No, with Revan and GMY’s cycle it would most likely take longer than that. It depends on when you start, and I don’t think you’d be able to farm 3 cantina characters in that time, considering you don’t pay. I don’t believe that crystal supply would be enough, but you have the right idea.
  • Nihion wrote: »

4 to 6 months? No, with Revan and GMY’s cycle it would most likely take longer than that. It depends on when you start, and I don’t think you’d be able to farm 3 cantina characters in that time, considering you don’t pay. I don’t believe that crystal supply would be enough, but you have the right idea.

Only 2 cantina farms. Big Z is a hard node. I'm pretty sure if you focused you other efforts on arena and fleet, you could come up with a few hundred crystals a day for refreshes.

And if I remember right achievements are pretty common in the beginning of the game and most award crystals so there are those too.

At three refreshes a day you can finish both cantina farms for revan in about 50 days. Well under 4 to 6 months. The hard nodes take about 4 months with no refreshes if you do them concurrently. But after the first 2 months (probably sooner) you could put crystals towards that too. So 4 to 6 month is doable I think.
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Nihion wrote: »

Only 2 cantina farms. Big Z is a hard node. I'm pretty sure if you focused you other efforts on arena and fleet, you could come up with a few hundred crystals a day for refreshes.

And if I remember right achievements are pretty common in the beginning of the game and most award crystals so there are those too.

At three refreshes a day you can finish both cantina farms for revan in about 50 days. Well under 4 to 6 months. The hard nodes take about 4 months with no refreshes if you do them concurrently. But after the first 2 months (probably sooner) you could put crystals towards that too. So 4 to 6 month is doable I think.

I guess that makes sense. The 3rd cantina farm is Ezra, but you could get him after Revan