How Many Hard Node Refreshes?

Prev1
So I’m curious as to what the average amount of refreshes on light and dark side hard nodes are, I typically do two refreshes a day, what about everyone else?

Replies

• Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Are you talking about refreshing the energy or the nodes themselves? For me it depends entirely on what I am farming and why. I only refresh nodes if I am farming toward a particular (real or suspected) deadline or have some other need to get a particular farm finished quickly.
  • Also depends on how many simultaneous farms you're doing. The "cheapest" thing to do is no node refreshes - just do 8 sims on however many different nodes your energy can do.

Right now I'm farming two nodes - Bastila Shan Fallen & B-28 Bomber. I refresh BSF twice (24 sims) and B28 once (16 sims) per day right now.
  • Currently I'm refreshing bastilla fallen 4 times a day for a total of 40 attempts. That takes 4 energy refreshes a day too when you also have to do 3 ls battles.

The 5th refresh is 200 crystals making it more expensive than the shipments at that point.
  • I don't do any node refreshes. So far all legendary/journey characters have been attainable on the 2nd run of the event as long as you do all 8 attempts every day from the time that character was farmable. So my target is to get everyone 2nd time around and stockpile those crystals for extra energy refreshes or gear.
  • 3-4 for these panic farms.
  • I only do the node refreshes on Any Energy Day (Tuesday guild activity). It’s my weekly reward for saving up energy I refresh the rest of the week, and helps the guild.
    Participation trophy? No. You want something: earn it.
  • Liath wrote: »
    Are you talking about refreshing the energy or the nodes themselves? For me it depends entirely on what I am farming and why. I only refresh nodes if I am farming toward a particular (real or suspected) deadline or have some other need to get a particular farm finished quickly.

Both energy and node attempt refreshes. I’m not talking about anything in particular, because I’m just doing energy refreshes on Jango because I like Jango.
  • Depends on how quickly you want to 7*, there are tools at your disposal for this. Also you could just use a standard calculator to double check the arithmetic in your head.
  • Depends on how quickly you want to 7*, there are tools at your disposal for this. Also you could just use a standard calculator to double check the arithmetic in your head.

What tools?
  • HKFactory wrote: »
    Depends on how quickly you want to 7*, there are tools at your disposal for this. Also you could just use a standard calculator to double check the arithmetic in your head.

What tools?

I just built my own spreadsheet in Excel, assuming a 30% drop rate on all sims.
  • I’m doing 1-2 refreshes on Fallen Bastila each day. Nobody else right now.
  • Right now i'm farming three characters with normal energy and only refresh one node once while refreshing normal energy and mod energy three times every day.
    "Never make the mistake of believing forbearance equates to acceptance, or that all positions are equally valid."
    - Grand Admiral Thrawn
  • HKFactory wrote: »
    Depends on how quickly you want to 7*, there are tools at your disposal for this. Also you could just use a standard calculator to double check the arithmetic in your head.

What tools?

Average farm return is 2.4 shards per refresh (including the daily refresh). So refreshing twice will net you 7.2 shards per day, on average over the duration vof the farm. If you know the number of shards you need, it'll give you a decent estimate for how long it'll take. If you're on a deadline, you can work it the other way - #shards needed /days, and use that to adjust your #refreshes based on the average per day (2.4, 4.8, 7.2).
    I usually cap it at 2 node refreshes, and only 2 if I'm in panic farm mode. Most nodes I'm farming get no refresh - just not enough energy around to fuel that many 20e hard node farms.
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • I used to, up until farming the BH ships, refresh energy and cantina energy 3x each. Since then I gave up the cantina refreshes to buy ship shards which got me 5* HMF. Now I am farming Canderous and still not refreshing cantina since Emo Bast is behind him shardwise.
    Make Bronzium autoplay opening an option.
  • I'm working on Bossk. Stinks.
  • I'm working on 4 characters, at the moment. 3 energy refreshes, no node refreshes. I do one high energy node (Jango, right now), and 3 low energy nodes (Range Trooper, Vandor Chewie, and Rose). Gets me maximum progress for my roster without costing too much in crystals (150 per day). Also farming L3 (convenient that she's the log in character next month), and Yando/Falcon + Anakin's Fighter. No refreshes for any of that energy, no additional expenditures.
  • Corrog wrote: »
    I'm working on 4 characters, at the moment. 3 energy refreshes, no node refreshes. I do one high energy node (Jango, right now), and 3 low energy nodes (Range Trooper, Vandor Chewie, and Rose). Gets me maximum progress for my roster without costing too much in crystals (150 per day). Also farming L3 (convenient that she's the log in character next month), and Yando/Falcon + Anakin's Fighter. No refreshes for any of that energy, no additional expenditures.

Interesting, I will take note of this.
  • At the moment I'm doing fallen bast x3 and Sith bomber x1, that includes 3 energy refreshes a day.

On cantina I'm farming canderous with 3 energy refreshes so I can finish him "quickly"
  • Hard nodes I am doing 3 energy refreshes like normal... 3 chars and 2 ships.
    Most crystal efficient.

When I was doing Visas I refreshed her node once a day to speed it up.
    Once finished MT (should be next to finish) I'll either refresh Jango or add Range to the farm.

Basically 150 on energy unless I want something faster. Like Jolee/Z I refreshed them once a day until they were finished..
  • To the people doing DS Bastilla only twice a day...that's not going to be enough :(
  • I never refresh my nodes, and I never refresh my energy.
    THE SUPREME JAWA OVERLORD!
  • Currently refreshing General Veers and Range trooper's nodes once each, once per day cause I want my Troopers now! Dagnabit
  • kalidor
    2121 posts Member
    To take a fresh marquee character at 3*, 0/30, to 7* will take just under 4 months with no refreshes and daily farming. 1 refresh will reduce that to about 2 months, and 2 refreshes gets you there in 6 weeks. 2 refreshes costs 75 crystals, which isn't too bad. I usually prioritize based on that. Key units like bastilla and hounds tooth got fast tracked, while "interesting" units like holdo or embo held a steady, slower pace. Less interesting units get sidelined until some energy frees up.
    Seems like a long time until you remember that it used to be 5 attempts with a 50/100 crystal refresh cost.
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • Tarah
    202 posts Member
    2 refresh on bastila fallen, 3 in dark side or all energy day
  • Reyalp wrote: »
    To the people doing DS Bastilla only twice a day...that's not going to be enough :(

Yep that's why I'm doing 4 refreshes a day. May still not be enough but after that shipments are cheaper. But I'll wait until the event is confirmed before doing that. But I've got crystals saved.

I'm almost done with Canderous (only 29 shards to go) and almost 6 stars on dark bastie. I'm hoping they drop the other two to farmable soon. I can more efficiently farm two hard nodes than just one at a time.
    To the people doing DS Bastilla only twice a day...that's not going to be enough :(

Yep that's why I'm doing 4 refreshes a day. May still not be enough but after that shipments are cheaper. But I'll wait until the event is confirmed before doing that. But I've got crystals saved.

I'm almost done with Canderous (only 29 shards to go) and almost 6 stars on dark bastie. I'm hoping they drop the other two to farmable soon. I can more efficiently farm two hard nodes than just one at a time.

Juhani and Carth should go farmable tonight based on the release cadence and speculation
    Reyalp wrote: »

Juhani and Carth should go farmable tonight based on the release cadence and speculation

It’s been three weeks since they were put in packs, so if they go F2P tonight that would break the release cadence.