Anyone else bored with ships? Or the slow pace of play with taunting tanks

PoD
67 posts Member
I feel like some of the current strategies have slowed down battles, which is taking the fun out of it. Mace timeout is one, but so is having multiple taunting tanks with multiple rounds of taunt like Hounds Tooth or Biggs. It’s a slog to fight those teams and seems to be counter to the stated purpose of ships 2.0.

Without the Chewie and Han Milenium Falcon, I’m rarely in the top 50, meaning I don’t get crystals. And with the painfully slow pace of battles, I often forfeit a battle just to check the box for daily activities.

Replies

• Over half of our daily top 10 don't have the Falcon and even the one guy with a 7* still gets shuffled around between payouts.

Dual tank opponents bring less starting DPS and give you more targeting options.

Last time things bogged down it was a trio of Tarkin + bug fleets hogging the top spots. Those players have since diversified or dropped down the ranks.
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    There is ZERO ship content after 2 years...of course we are bored... they want us to spend money but GIVE US NOTHING to do with the stinking things...

Horrible Horrible managment of ship IMO
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    AntiFunn wrote: »
    A new era needs to start where we forget about these stinky Rebels for a while..

Dear lord sir, (ive been taking 1 in ships for 1.5 yrs) and except for 1.5 months when geos were reworked BEFORE HT ackbar was viable with genos.... except for that it has LITERALLY been 2 years of tarkin Thrawn (less for thrawn due to him not being around whole time)

So after 2 years of tarkin/thrawn and 2-3 weeks of ackbar your saying forget about rebels for a while thats silly...

Anyway seps/droid ships (ig88 tag) and sith wiill probably be the. Ext two metas. It scares me because you have no idea how OP a sith capital is going to be to make those glass ships viable
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Lol every new ship gotta be more OP then the last.... next tank will prob be a droid ship that revives like sion... or immune to damage while taunting or something Its GG
  • No! All of the RNG and the complete OP of the "2%" dodge? Oh, it's all sooooooooooooo very fun!

(said no one ever. And the entire sentence above is sarcasm. Fleet is worse now than it has been...and I didn't think that was possible)
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    Dk_rek wrote: »
    There is ZERO ship content after 2 years...of course we are bored... they want us to spend money but GIVE US NOTHING to do with the stinking things...

You realize they reworked literally every single ship last year, and gave us at least 6 new ones that I can think of off the top of my head...
  • Kokie
    1338 posts Member
    We have had many new ships added since ships 2.0 as well as the cargo ship event which is a great source of omega and prestige mats
  • PoD
    67 posts Member
    Kokie wrote: »
    We have had many new ships added since ships 2.0 as well as the cargo ship event which is a great source of omega and prestige mats

And we need even more. The limited number of ships and viable factions means there’s a lot of meta chasing going on. I know there always is. But the more useful fleet combinations, the less likely any one will always dominate. Right now, it’s stale.
  • VonZant wrote: »

You realize they reworked literally every single ship last year, and gave us at least 6 new ones that I can think of off the top of my head...

All they did was intentionally manipulate the meta so people who had farmed ships would have to farm new ones (and their pilots). Since then, they have simply released a small handful of meta-redefining ships (HT, Ani's, HMF) and ships that are needed to get those. There's no "rock, paper, scissors" in fleet arena. It boils down to whether or not you have (or can get) what CG has decided is the strongest rock this month/quarter. It's boring, obvious and lame.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Dk_rek wrote: »

0 ship content..
    Fleet nodes.. Fleet energy.. New ship legendary.. 3 viable capital ships.. Something with the sith ships incoming..
  • Ships are a valuable source of crystals and zeta materials. It incentivizes players to get to the top and stay there in order to increase their resources and improve their rosters.

I spent thousands of crystals on BH ship shards to get a 7* Falcon, and now I rarely drop below top 10 overnight. It's really nice, but it's the "reward" I have for my investment. That investment is paying itself back in crystals (and less time spent in fleet), so now I can focus on diversifying.
  • Dk_rek wrote: »

0 ship content..
    Fleet nodes.. Fleet energy.. New ship legendary.. 3 viable capital ships.. Something with the sith ships incoming..

4 viable capital ships, amazingly
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    VonZant wrote: »

All they did was intentionally manipulate the meta so people who had farmed ships would have to farm new ones (and their pilots). Since then, they have simply released a small handful of meta-redefining ships (HT, Ani's, HMF) and ships that are needed to get those. There's no "rock, paper, scissors" in fleet arena. It boils down to whether or not you have (or can get) what CG has decided is the strongest rock this month/quarter. It's boring, obvious and lame.

I dont have HMF, Cad, 88 and my 5* Boss is my 4th reinforcement if I ever even call him. 3 of my 4 bench pilots are g10 or lower. I have no zetas on Thrawn or Vader or any Phoenix and no 6e mods on any pilot but my unused Bossk. I can still hit top 20 - top 5 if I refresh.

They have to make meta defining toons. Its how They make money. How you use them is up to you.