State of Ships Arena

13Next

Replies

• I agree, they are missing an cash cow opportunity by not releasing more capital ships.
    Make Bronzium autoplay opening an option.
  • Kokie
    1338 posts Member
    If rng is so huge then I should lose a certain number of fleet battles.....I have not lost a fleet battle in over 6 months so rng must love me lol
  • I have lost one battle since the first day the falcon came out (the event started after my payout so didn't swap until the next day) and it has very little to do with RNG. Its all about what fleet you use and how you use it. Cassian's U-wing dispelling buffs is the key, followed up by the special that calls an assist. I have the Falcon at 6 star and can take out a maxed 7 star falcon with this move. As long as you don't have breach on one of your ships it has worked every time. In fact the only battle I lost was because I didn't see the breach on my HT and had to target their HT instead of their Falcon.

Its no different to Arena in the fact you have to work on your roster to be successful. The only difference is that it involves characters that people consider 2nd rate or lower, so please continue to hold this approach and I will collect first place, 1800 fleet credits and 20 zeta mats every 21 days without having to worry about the RNG from the 3 challenges each week, not to mention the 400 crystals
  • PoD
    67 posts Member
    I think ships needs more ships. I’d say (and have said elsewhere before) that fleet battles are back to being boring again—that is like before ships 2.0.

But that’s the lack of ship diversity at work. Look at how long it’s taken to see some diversity on the squad arena leaderboards and throughout the ranks in squad arena. Fleet arena is narrow with the limited capital ships and viable fleet compositions. That’s why we see ever shifting metas, with Han’s Falcon being the latest.

For us old timers, squad arena was that way for years. But then we got enough viable leaders and teams to counter each other. And now there’s more to play around with.
  • PoD wrote: »
    I think ships needs more ships. I’d say (and have said elsewhere before) that fleet battles are back to being boring again—that is like before ships 2.0.
    Speak for yourself. I find fleet arena challenging and interesting. It's squad arena that is boring with the same old matches day after day.
    PoD wrote: »
    But that’s the lack of ship diversity at work. Look at how long it’s taken to see some diversity on the squad arena leaderboards and throughout the ranks in squad arena. Fleet arena is narrow with the limited capital ships and viable fleet compositions. That’s why we see ever shifting metas, with Han’s Falcon being the latest.

For us old timers, squad arena was that way for years. But then we got enough viable leaders and teams to counter each other. And now there’s more to play around with.
    Top 20 of my squad arena shard is currently a sea of Revans with a couple of Trayas interspersed.

Top 20 of my fleet arena shard is a mix of Home One, Executrix and Chimaera and the fighter lineups are even more diverse.
  • Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    ..Honestly, if CG wants to fix what's wrong with fleet, they just need to watch Ahnald's vid on fleet being the worst game mode (which 65% of the people who voted in his poll agree with, BTW)...

A poll put on by a youtuber, to his followers, and the majority agree with him? That's surely a fair and unbiased result.

Start a poll here then. You might be surprised at how much the results are similar to Ahnald's.

I find at amusing that people like to cast aspersions on small sample size or bias in any poll that's done...and then complain about drop rate conspiracy because their drops for *whatever character they're farming* just went 0 for 12.

Challenge accepted... except on the FB fan page.

Shockingly, you didn't post the link.

In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
    ..Honestly, if CG wants to fix what's wrong with fleet, they just need to watch Ahnald's vid on fleet being the worst game mode (which 65% of the people who voted in his poll agree with, BTW)...

A poll put on by a youtuber, to his followers, and the majority agree with him? That's surely a fair and unbiased result.

Start a poll here then. You might be surprised at how much the results are similar to Ahnald's.

I find at amusing that people like to cast aspersions on small sample size or bias in any poll that's done...and then complain about drop rate conspiracy because their drops for *whatever character they're farming* just went 0 for 12.

Challenge accepted... except on the FB fan page.

Shockingly, you didn't post the link.

People overwhelmingly just want new content. But more people currently hate ships than love it too.

ksw1nzfe0sr6.jpeg
    they just need to watch Ahnald's vid on fleet being the worst game mode (which 65% of the people who voted in his poll agree with, BTW).

So 65% of people who watch Ahnald’s videos agree with the position of the person making the video?

Shocking.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Fauztin
    1332 posts Member
    Moved to arena/character strategy
    "I am a leaf on the wind. Watch how I soar." ~ Hoban Washburne
  • Gamorrean
    2745 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    Fauztin wrote: »

How is this thread a strategy??? Its a complaint
    Edit: I mean feedback :)
  • Gorem
    1190 posts Member
    Gamorrean wrote: »

Better not say that word here! That's how you get ignored on these forums! lol.
    Feedback? Nah we just a bunch of people who hate on other peoples opinions on the matter of things, we can't handle facts! :o

So many people hate ships, but that's something people will pretend doesn't exist.
    We try and make ships better by trying to get them to remove the RNG that exists, and people pretend like RNG doesn't exist so they add more! :o

But seriously though, nothing they have done since ships 2.0 has made ships better. Marque ship after marque ship that just serves to make TB ship platoons impossible to complete is not how we should have gotten new ships. All the new ships should have been placed into the fleet store in just one big bunch. They should just add like 30 ships at once there. Just go all out. Let us have fun in ships again and not this slow release of BH ships that has led to a op falcon rng I win all the time on auto ship. Also a ship raid would be great. Just something to make ships not the most hated part about this game.
  • Gamorrean wrote: »

Yup. Today I beat Falcon, Phantom, Ghost, and HT with just my Falcon and Bistan, because Falcon assisted every time. I should have lost.
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • @JediKnight_MarkRyan Regardless of having the fastest Home One on the shard, being able to reinforce with Cassian or all of the other painfully obvious "strategic" counter measures that can be employed in the current meta, it's an RNG fest that is largely dictated by how many times rebel ships assist off one another, whether or not they crit when, whether or not breach gets resisted, or how likely it is that one of those elusive tanks will dodge at an in/opportune time.

The fact that you fell from 1 to 3 tells me nothing other than you are fortunate enough to be in a ship shard that has no idea what it's doing or you decided to "invest in ships" by taking a faction that is marginally useful in end-game and over invest in it (Phoenix) or were prescient enough to get BH ships to 7*. An swgoh.gg profile will go a long way towards bolstering your argument.

And here's what I mean by RNG dependent. AA / HT / HMF / Ghost (faster AA) vs AA / HT / HMF / Biggs (slower AA). First match after opening round, Ghost dead, breached while opposing breach resisted. Second match after opening round, Biggs dead no breach while opposing HT breached. RANDOM.

Cleanse breach and grant advantage using AA. That gives you guaranteed Crits. It’s pretty obvious that the next Meta will introduce a mass daze and prevent all of the assists from occurring. Which do you enjoy more... Maces time-out team that took 5+ minutes or a more RNG meta?

And last of all there are always control pieces that reduce/eliminate Being at the mercy of RNG. Go find them and use them.

I fall from 1 to 3 in fleet because 1. My shard is 11 months old and 2. I invested heavily in ships since day 1.

Ah, still a padawan, you are. The rest of your shard will catch up eventually, there's only so many pilots to upgrade.

I outlined two different outcomes from the same set of opening moves. The only difference was the randomness associated with critical hits and assists. Blathering on about cleansing breach is pointless since nobody had a breach to cleanse and AA had only gone once. I'm actually not sure how you're running matches where AA is not the first or second to get a turn.

How about an swgoh.gg profile to illuminate us all with your master tactics?

• @JediKnight_MarkRyan Regardless of having the fastest Home One on the shard, being able to reinforce with Cassian or all of the other painfully obvious "strategic" counter measures that can be employed in the current meta, it's an RNG fest that is largely dictated by how many times rebel ships assist off one another, whether or not they crit when, whether or not breach gets resisted, or how likely it is that one of those elusive tanks will dodge at an in/opportune time.

The fact that you fell from 1 to 3 tells me nothing other than you are fortunate enough to be in a ship shard that has no idea what it's doing or you decided to "invest in ships" by taking a faction that is marginally useful in end-game and over invest in it (Phoenix) or were prescient enough to get BH ships to 7*. An swgoh.gg profile will go a long way towards bolstering your argument.

And here's what I mean by RNG dependent. AA / HT / HMF / Ghost (faster AA) vs AA / HT / HMF / Biggs (slower AA). First match after opening round, Ghost dead, breached while opposing breach resisted. Second match after opening round, Biggs dead no breach while opposing HT breached. RANDOM.

Cleanse breach and grant advantage using AA. That gives you guaranteed Crits. It’s pretty obvious that the next Meta will introduce a mass daze and prevent all of the assists from occurring. Which do you enjoy more... Maces time-out team that took 5+ minutes or a more RNG meta?

And last of all there are always control pieces that reduce/eliminate Being at the mercy of RNG. Go find them and use them.

I fall from 1 to 3 in fleet because 1. My shard is 11 months old and 2. I invested heavily in ships since day 1.

Ah, still a padawan, you are. The rest of your shard will catch up eventually, there's only so many pilots to upgrade.

I outlined two different outcomes from the same set of opening moves. The only difference was the randomness associated with critical hits and assists. Blathering on about cleansing breach is pointless since nobody had a breach to cleanse and AA had only gone once. I'm actually not sure how you're running matches where AA is not the first or second to get a turn.

How about an swgoh.gg profile to illuminate us all with your master tactics?

Wait a second... your in the middle of crying and belly aching and complaining... and now you’re calling me a padowon?! Lol that’s very cute. Honey, you don’t get a trophy just for showing up. Life takes blood sweat and tears... none of which is required on a mobile game but you don’t get first by just showing up and pressing auto.

Another day st first 😉

jgiacbn6zkb5.png
  • And still...no swgoh.gg profile...
  • Wait a second... your in the middle of crying and belly aching and complaining... and now you’re calling me a padowon?!...

No - he's calling you a Padawan because, by your own admission, you're in a shard less than a year old. By extension, you've been playing for less than a year against other players who have also been playing for less than a year. In a game that has been out 3+ years. What works on a shard of developing fleets doesn't necessarily hold true in a more mature shard.

The fact that the number 2 guy on your shard is running thrawn and vader really kind of makes his point.
    Ally Code 766-465-766 swgoh.gg/u/trystansr/collection/
  • Wait a second... your in the middle of crying and belly aching and complaining... and now you’re calling me a padowon?!...

No - he's calling you a Padawan because, by your own admission, you're in a shard less than a year old. By extension, you've been playing for less than a year against other players who have also been playing for less than a year. In a game that has been out 3+ years. What works on a shard of developing fleets doesn't necessarily hold true in a more mature shard.

The fact that the number 2 guy on your shard is running thrawn and vader really kind of makes his point.

He has run that lineup from the beginning and Maxed out everything. so that guy ain’t no scrub... and joining the game 2 years in adds a nice new twist as you catch up in certain aspects and never catch up in other aspects. Now I’ll admit you join a day 1 shard and everyone has everything maxed... also means you have a toolbox full of tools but so do a hundred other people. I’m kinda glad I joined a newer shard.

Pretty soon you’ll be asking for my tax returns 😉
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    And still...no swgoh.gg profile...

Pretty soon you’ll be asking for my tax returns 😉

seems the same
    Maybe End Game isn't for you

• He has run that lineup from the beginning and Maxed out everything. so that guy ain’t no scrub...

That may well be - but my fleet shard isn't much older than yours and there's a clear divide between the 5 of us with HMF and the rest. We just kind of shuffle around the top spots for payouts. The rest are on the outside looking in. Even the guys with maxed thrawn/tarkin/HT/XB/etc. These guys aren't weak players with second rate fleets - they were taking first just like the rest of u pre-HMF. The only difference now is that ship.
    Ally Code 766-465-766 swgoh.gg/u/trystansr/collection/
  • I think fleet arena has always been prett RNG-dependent, comparatively. A lot of that is because there are relatively few ships, so most people wind up running pretty similar fleets. Once you’ve reached a certain power level, the only determining factor between two fleets is who gets better RNG.

If they intend to change that, they can’t just go on releasing new meta-defining ships every few months. Everybody will change their fleet to take advantage as soon as possible, and it’s back to an RNG-fest. What they need to do is release enough ships (including new capital ships) that take advantage of new factional synergies, so that there’s a meaningful difference in feel between running a Republic, a Rebel, or an Empire fleet (or, dare I say it, a Sith, Separatist, or Resistance fleet). And at any given time, at least three of those choices need to be competing to be the meta.
    I demand Grand Arena Elo ratings.