Jedi Knight Anakin - Rework + Buffs

AntiFunn
512 posts Member
edited February 2019
G'day everybody, writing ideas for Jedi Knight Anakin, one of the most important figures in the Star Wars universe.

Jedi Knight Anakin Rework

Speed: Increased by 10

Abillities:

1) Deft Bladework (Basic Abillity) /Omega/

Deal physical damage to target and inflict Healing Immunity and Buff Immunity for 2 turns. Anakin gains Potency Up for 2 turns.

2) Force Smite (Special Abillity) /Omega/ CD:3

Deal physical damage to all enemies and inflict Defence Down for 2 turns. Then, all allies gain Offence Up for 2 turns and Anakin gains 10% turn meter for each Critical hit scored.

3) Always on the Offensive (Leader Abillity) /Omega/

All allies gain +30% Offence. Jedi and Clone allies also gain +30% Critical damage and +20% Critical chance. If any ally is evaded, they gain Accuracy Up and Advantage for 2 turns.

4) Righteous Fury (Unique Abillity) /Zeta/

Anakin has +25% Critical Chance. In addition, whenever any ally falls below 100% health or is defeated, Anakin dispels all debuffs from himself, gains 100% turn meter (unpreventable) and his next attack deals double damage.

Zeta - +5% Critical chance. Deal Double damage, dispel all debuffs from himself and the turn meter gain cannot be prevented.

5) The Chosen One (Unique Abillity) /Zeta/ - New Abillity

Anakin has +30% Offense and gains 10% turn meter whenever he inflicts a negative status effect. In addition, he has +50% Tenacity against Sith. Sith cannot counter or resist his attacks.

Zeta - +10% Tenacity and gain 10% turn meter whenever he inflicts a negative status effect.

2 Zeta's and plenty of Offense that Anakin deserves. In addition, a lot of buffs to his Basic abillity.

Also changed the name of his Special to Force Smite since it definitely needs to lose the Expose debuffs and is definitely not a Reckless assault.

Added a new 5th abillity with bonuses against Sith.
Post edited by AntiFunn on

Replies

• Options
    Why did you change his special ability to smite instead of reckless assault? Anakin was a pretty reckless character and smite is already Mace Windu’s special ability.
  • Options
    I agree with you that Anakin needs a rework. But I'm just going to say it. I don't like this rework at all.

Anakin in the game right now is a high risk high reward type character. Which s fitting for the character. The problem is that in the current state of the game his risk is much higher than the reward. But you completely removed the risk and just made him a powerhouse attacker. While I think that is a pretty interesting idea, you just keep stacking the same things on top of each other.
    His second zeta gives him turn meter. But so does his Special and his first unique. His Leadership gives him offence and so does his 2 unique's. he gains Critical chance from his leadership and unique, but also gains Advantage from his leadership. This isn't clever design but just stacking the same thing on the same thing. Bonus for the critical chance making the Advantage pointless (or the other way around depending on the situation). If you want to increase his damage, increase his base Offence (which I think he should) and maybe his Defence Penetration.
    The bonuses against Sith don't make that much sense either. The only time I believe he beat one was in episode 3. Not to mention he becomes one himself later on. It really doen't feel like a representation of the character.
    On top of that he now has a ship. Adding a zeta is going to boost that ship. Adding another ability with a second zeta is going to break it. I really don't think that is a good idea.
    I think that his rework should improve what he already has other than pushing him into an entirely new direction.
    I myself did a rework idea of Anakin as well. Together with Ahsoka and General kenobi. I used those 2 to take care of some of his biggest problems (trough a new unique for Ahsoka and a Zeta on Kenobi's leadership among others). Go take a look, you can find it here: https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/180236/galactic-republic-tag-idea-with-ahsoka-tano-jedi-knight-anakin-and-general-kenobi. Of cource you are allowed to be as merciless as I am.... As long as it is actual feedback instead of just complaining.
    I really think he needs a rework, but I just don't think this is the way to do it. You have a nice basic idea, but then execute that idea in the wrong way. Srry I ended up not liking it.
  • Options
    AntiFunn wrote: »
    No worries its not made to please everybody.

The reason I tried to make Anakin this powerful was that he is one of the most important characters. I even believe he should be changed into a Legendary event character.

In addition, I firmly stand that Anakin needs to be a 2 zeta character considering what ridiculous characters are being super buffed into 2 zeta chars.

We obviously don't see ANY of the Republic Jedi fight Sith extensively due to the Clone Wars being a galaxy wide war with millions of troops rather than just a Sith vs Jedi conflict. However, owing to the fact that Anakin IS the Chosen One and his well handled encounters with Grevious, Dooku, Asajj etc, he definitely deserves an Anti Sith abillity if not at least a 5th Abillity. We don't see Dooku fighting Jedi too much as well and he definitely has annoying bonuses against Jedi so why not?

I wanted to give him a synergy bonus with Rex and Ahsoka but this would ultimately make him too overpowered so I just stopped there.

On the other hand, your points made on the offense and critical chances stacking is a very good point however. Should definitely change 1 abillity bonus to maybe Defence Penetration.

I see what you mean and, to some degree, I agree with you. I want Anakin to be better as well. I personally think that 4 ability's and 1 zeta is plenty for him but if you're going this way, you got to commit. I firmly believe that if you make a kit, it's got to be a complete one. Which means it's ability's need to synergise with each other in a certain theme. In this case that theme seems to be debuffs. In that theme, I personally think the chosen one should be something like this:

The Chosen One (Unique)
    Whenever a debuff from Anakin is Resisted, Anakin gains +10% Potency (stacking) until the end of battle. Whenever Anakin suffers from a debuff, he gains +10% Tenacity (stacking) until the end of battle.
    (Zeta) Whenever Anakin inflicts a debuff, he recovers 3% Health. Whenever he Resists a debuff, he recovers 3% Protection.

The stacking tenacity would be extremely effective against Sith, with all of their debuffs. But would be just as effective anywhere else and not be specific to them. In return for this, remove the Potency Up from his basic and the Turn meter gain form his special (maybe also add Speed Down for 2 turns on all enemies. Synergises a bit better). He already gains full turn meter from his first unique. Anything more is redundant.

Overall still a neat idea. Don't fully agree with it but hey. If everybody thought like me, I wouldn't be getting any valuable feedback on my post now, would I? That would be no fun at all.

Still would like it if you took a look at my rework idea of him and left some feedback. Hope mine gave some idea's or inspiration.
  • Darth_Drak
    1 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    Options
    Another character reworked “great” but why did you have to nerf him in a way that makes him ineffective against the current DR/Malak meta. Really is a kick to the ***** and an insult to all players have spent time, effort, energy and oh yes money to gear him for that purpose and on a whim they change him just enough to protect their precious DR/Malak team which I have but arena is now a nightmare of mirror matches even worse than Jedi Knight Revan Meta. All in all I must actually thank you as I was spending an avg of at least $100 per week minimum on this game and with all the recent crap CG has pulled I find it very easy to spend nothing so you’ve made my wife and my bank account very happy.
    Greatly Dissatisfied