Hi All,
My current fleet arena line up are
Ghost
Phantom
Biggs
TFP
JC
Tarkin.

And I keep got beaten by team that got 20k power less. Is it because there's no synergy between my line up which is Light side heavy? And who should I use for capital ship? Mace or Ackbar? Thanks heaps

Replies

• Roopehunter
    1188 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Thats a terrible lineup. No synergy, none of the good ships.
    Get ht, get xanadu, get mill falcon, get vader, get geos, and use thrawn/tarkin until you get the mill falcon.
  • Geonosian soldier? And is lando falcon any good?
  • Im still in level 72. Shud i farm fotp as well?
  • It’s gonna take some time to really build a fleet at your level. OP’s comment were more end game. What you need to keep in mind is GP in fleets really doesn’t make a big difference. What will separate your ships from others will be how much gear you’re willing to invest in your pilots. With that said and the ships you mentioned. You can run TFP Biggs and Ghost up front with tarkin lead ( you use tarkin with TFP because when TFP dodges tarkin cap ship gains turn meter, getting you to his ultimate ability faster ) phantom is an excellent 1st reinforcement as he can hit hard and bring another reinforcement fast. After that you typically want attackers and target lock will help keep Biggs alive. Ships like Hounds tooth and Vader’s tie advance are some of the best in game but they will take you some time to acquire. Hope this little bit of my opionion helps. Good luck out there!
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    At mid-game (level 72) those ships are actually quite good. At that point starting out with Biggs, Ghost and TFP works well. If on top of that you max out Phantom's reinforcement ability, you have a good core. Furthermore, JC's ship works quite well as a reinforcement with it's healing and assist attack. JC's ship served my alt well for a year, before retiring it.

With only 6 non-capital ships (3 reinforcements) it looks like your capital ship (Executrix) is still not 7*. That's one point to improve. Furthermore, it's a race to fire your ultimate ability as fast as possible. Having Tie Reaper on your team (reinforcement) can help you get ahead of the enemy capital ship in that race, if it's faster than yours. Make sure to promote your capital ship and also to develop your fleet commander. The more crew power, your Tarkin has, the better stats (and more speed) your Executrix will have.

If your opponents use Hound's Tooth at low rank, that may contribute to their fleet having lower power than yours. However, the HT is viable already at low rank.

(Yes, you should farm Slave 1, Tie Advanced and also the bounthunter ships once you unlock their hard nodes, but your current fleet is ok for now).
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Attacker has the advantage, especially in fleet. I don't know what your GP is there but I routinely beat fleets with up to 25% more GP than me while leveling up.

There are also things that can bloat GP for no practical gain like reingorcements that don't get called before the battle is over and fighters with buffed reinforcement abilities that are used in the starting lineup
  • Until you can farm Bossk and Hound's Tooth, I think KRU's TIE Silencer might make the biggest difference with your current lineup. It certainly made a huge difference for me when I was at your level.

I'd change your initial lineup to TFP, KRU and Biggs. If you don't get target lock / taunt on Biggs, TFP is difficult to hit and KRU can take a beating, so they should both survive until you bring in Phantom for target locks. Otherwise you can bring in JC first to restore protection on Biggs, all the while TFP and Silencer take out enemy ships.
  • PS: Both KRU and his ship can be farmed on the same Cantina node, so it won't be too long until the Silencer is arena-ready. And KRU himself is very versatile. With his stuns and self-heals, he can fit anywhere and holds up well as a tank in mixed raid or GW teams. I even used him as a second tank on a Jedi team in squad arena until I had Old Ben geared up.
  • You should have Ackbar lead with that line up. Do this while working toward **** through getting your BH team together for Chewie anyway. Make a nice BH arena team with their ships too. I wouldn't worry too much about chasing Thrawn. Much of the Phoenix can be gotten here and there for him, and most likely next year Thrawn's ship will be 1 among 6 or 7
  • Thanks everyone!
  • Rath_Tarr wrote: »
    Attacker has the advantage, especially in fleet. I don't know what your GP is there but I routinely beat fleets with up to 25% more GP than me while leveling up.

There are also things that can bloat GP for no practical gain like reingorcements that don't get called before the battle is over and fighters with buffed reinforcement abilities that are used in the starting lineup

My GP is around 80K atm
  • Skies439 wrote: »
    Hi All,
    My current fleet arena line up are
    Ghost
    Phantom
    Biggs
    TFP
    JC
    Tarkin.

And I keep got beaten by team that got 20k power less. Is it because there's no synergy between my line up which is Light side heavy? And who should I use for capital ship? Mace or Ackbar? Thanks heaps

Farm tie silencer, it's on a lower node and it gives u kru shards as well. If you haven't yet, definitely farm darth vader's ship. It's one of the best ships. My lineup is thrawn, vader, biggs and silencer, but Ackbar works well with that team as well.
  • Do you guys think is it better to farm and pimp up either FOTP, Geo Soldier, KRU or just Pimp up Ackbar for now?
  • Skies439 wrote: »
    Do you guys think is it better to farm and pimp up either FOTP, Geo Soldier, KRU or just Pimp up Ackbar for now?

FO cap is coming.... You might want to have the ships ready.
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Can't go wrong with KRU and his ship. Double node, great leader, ship used every day in top arena.