Worried about quitting arena in fear of being bullied.

2Next

Replies

• Options
    Fact of the matter is you are in the arena shard for good, so you have to make it work with them or you wont get the best payouts. You can complain and agree with all the other people calling that person a baby all you want but it's not going to change anything. You either have to play by the rules of the shard chat, however unfair they may be, or go rogue and get blocked out of your payouts. Your choice.
  • Options
    No_Try wrote: »
    Lastly 5th and 9th spot should be kept open. Doesn't matter if other spots are your max jump. If you plan accordingly you can easily prefer someone else in the route without costing you a match at the end of the run after all.

... 5th and 9th open? wut?
  • Options
    While, it is completely reasonable to want to avoid hitting people a few hours before their payouts, most people understand that the top 5 is hard to jump through and that sometimes you just have to hit someone.

There are also times when you need to climb early but that also comes with the risk that someone may need to bump you.

Sounds like your rules account for this pretty well. If you didn't break the rules then you should bring that up. If the rules need changed then that's another issue. The person you hit may not be reasonable but there are likely enough reasonable people in your chat that will understand.

We occasionally have a few that complain because someone hit then when they think that they should have hit someone else. But we have three or four of us chime in and remind them that having to go around everyone in the chat isn't a rule and that it would be ridiculous to make such a rule. Then they simmer down and things go back to normal.

But we do try and avoid other chat members where possible as a courtesy especially if their payout is coming soon. But the rule is nit to hit within 3 hrs without asking if they can move first. Though in 4th moving doesn't help them much anyway since they can't move to 1st without you needing that too and they are 2 moves away from first either way.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    I'm i the only one who hopes the other guy shows up in this thread? Obviously for the drama, which i find hilarious, but also to hear his side of the story. I've got a feeling it's entirely different to what the OP has told us.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    Shard chats are a major problem and should be forbidden. Just dont know how exactly this can be achieved.
    Its not about talking together that everyone gets his cake anymore.
    It has developed to a dictatorship of a little bunch, which now decides who gets a cake. Attack others at there payout time just to **** them and that they “learn there lesson“.
    I really like to denounce them and that they were banned from arena for a month or so.
    Ok, pressure level is normal now :-)
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Options
    artusa wrote: »
    Lastly 5th and 9th spot should be kept open. Doesn't matter if other spots are your max jump. If you plan accordingly you can easily prefer someone else in the route without costing you a match at the end of the run after all.

Please read again.

I don't need to read again as we posted at the same time and I'm just trying to help.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Options

... 5th and 9th open? wut?

Yes the spots that directly takes you to 1, doesn't make sense?
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    Starkomat wrote: »
    Shard chats are a major problem and should be forbidden. Just dont know how exactly this can be achieved.
    Its not about talking together that everyone gets his cake anymore.
    It has developed to a dictatorship of a little bunch, which now decides who gets a cake. Attack others at there payout time just to **** them and that they “learn there lesson“.
    I really like to denounce them and that they were banned from arena for a month or so.
    Ok, pressure level is normal now :-)

Shard chats are great in general.
    Shard chats are outside CG's scope and control. There's nothing they can do about them.
    Dictatorship? The shard chat's I'm in have always been relaxed and friendly. Don't think this example is the general rule.
  • Options
    Sad but i dont feel bad for people that collude getting treated this way. How do you think others feel having to go against the collusion?
  • Rebel_yell
    928 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    My suggestion is to play the long game. It doesn’t make sense to simply quit the shard. Strategize on how to get more people on your side. Show that you’re the reasonable one in the situation. Don’t make it personal. Eventually people will side with you.

Whoever this person is will make more enemies if they continue acting this way. Wait it out, don’t take it personally, and always respond kindly.

Also, if they make a reasonable request like “can you notify me if I’m your max jump?” I’d recommend respecting it and showing you’re willing to work with them. That way the next time something like this happens people will see you’re the one playing within the rules.
  • Options
    @artusa Leave that guild and join @GhostTruckin 's Adventurer's inc
    He is an awesome guild leader in a pretty respectable 1 in terms of quality and leadership, and you seem like the calibur of person that would do great there. I jumped in and out of there twice in the past year. All of the officers are consistent, nice, and mature with Discord use.

Oh, and I am not recruiting I am not in that guild anymore. I just really appreciate how upstanding his guild is so don't mind helping get another valuable person for it.

Thanks for the offer ! but I'm not having trouble with my guild. My guild is great. One of the best. I love those guys so much. All the leaders are Canadian. It's arena chat I am having to deal with.
  • Options

Please read again.

I don't need to read again as we posted at the same time and I'm just trying to help.

cool, got it
  • Options
    leef wrote: »
    I'm i the only one who hopes the other guy shows up in this thread? Obviously for the drama, which i find hilarious, but also to hear his side of the story. I've got a feeling it's entirely different to what the OP has told us.

The dispute is that I am looking for a way out and not about who is right and wrong. I apologized for any inconvenience I may have caused him and they are cool with it but I still dont want to be the chat though and I dont want to get hit because I am not in the chat and I can't change to another arena shard and even if I can who's to say it's better or worse.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    I apologized for any inconvenience I may have caused him and they are cool with it but I still dont want to be the chat though and I dont want to get hit because I am not in the chat and I can't change to another arena shard and even if I can who's to say it's better or worse.

How about taking notes of everyone's payouts, leaving the chat and then as you do, let everyone know, that you will still respect their payouts?
  • Options
    Waqui wrote: »
    I apologized for any inconvenience I may have caused him and they are cool with it but I still dont want to be the chat though and I dont want to get hit because I am not in the chat and I can't change to another arena shard and even if I can who's to say it's better or worse.

How about taking notes of everyone's payouts, leaving the chat and then as you do, let everyone know, that you will still respect their payouts?

This thought had run through my mind. I need more time to consider this option because I there is a high probability that I will change my PO by 3-4 hours and if I quit the chat and start climbing at a weird hour it will be easier just to do this at a later date.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    Waqui wrote: »

This thought had run through my mind. I need more time to consider this option because I there is a high probability that I will change my PO by 3-4 hours and if I quit the chat and start climbing at a weird hour it will be easier just to do this at a later date.

You can still message players in-game about a PO change.
  • Options
    Question to all people reading this thread. The OP is going for his payout that hour, while the other guy has his payout in two hours. To me, he is fair game. He either expended his battles for the day way in advance of his payout and is abusing the system. The alternative is he doesn't fall far and still has two hours to climb with his five battles.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    miketo wrote: »
    Question to all people reading this thread. The OP is going for his payout that hour, while the other guy has his payout in two hours. To me, he is fair game. He either expended his battles for the day way in advance of his payout and is abusing the system. The alternative is he doesn't fall far and still has two hours to climb with his five battles.

The other guy shouldn't have taken #8 in a perfect world, but he did so i would have gone around him or ask him to move up/out of the way.
    Everyone is fair game ofcourse, but if you don't want to waste attempts on eachother it's better to just work it out.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • StarControl
    68 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    I think 2 hours is “standard” window not to hit someone. Of course, I am only in one shard chat and there 100s if not 1000s
    If it is within 2 hours, you work it out directly otherwise 2 hour “rule” apply.
    If absolutely everyone is within 2 hours then I am sure we would have figured it out by now.
    We only have about 5 people participating and everyone is cool about beating each orher.

Edit: there is no “boss”. I have an understanding with people close to their payout that it is ok to hit them if they are not available to be contacted
  • Options
    I'm curious, what do you hope to accomplish by leaving the shard chat? You're already in the shard chat, and you don't have to actually chat with anyone. And if you left, my guess is you'd still loosely be playing the shard chat rules where you don't hit anyone in your payout hour... so what's the positive of leaving?