Who was your early-days MVP?

Prev1345
I’m starting to gear my bugs for Fleets and realised that Geo Soldier used to be the absolute hero of my squad back in the level 50-70 days.

Who was yours? And are they the same now as the used to be? ( Boba, Lumi, GS for example)

Replies

• Lando. With Wedge (arena) or Boba (Heists etc). He seemed like a God at the start lol.
  • Lando, Ewoks in GW
  • ATF. When I first started, the protection up from her basic made my team a lot more survivable.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Royal Guard and Dooku. And Daka. I LOVED stuns.
  • Darth Sidious. His basic prevented enemies from getting healed by Luminara/Jedi Consul, I didn't use his aoe at all. And he had few clutch moments where he killed 2-3 enemies by himself thanks to unique providing him tm and health on kills.
  • Gamorrean Guard
    Still need jabba to be OP again
  • Mr Mustache Lando. Easy character to 7* for entering raids. Helped with Rebels team and also Credit Heist events.
  • The “invincible” clone wars Chewbacca and Old daka. What a tag team!
  • Princess Leia was a beast back in the day, same with Scav Rey later on. Also Royal Guard was clutch.
  • Kokie
    1338 posts Member
    Revan
  • Stokat wrote: »
    The “invincible” clone wars Chewbacca and Old daka. What a tag team!

Lol this was my squad for a while, plus Dooku and Talia 😂
  • Acymetric
    222 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    I miss taking first in arena with Tarkin, Biggs, KRU, and TFP under a Boba lead.

Even earlier Old Ben/Boba/Tarkin was a great trio spamming ability blocks, offense down, and with some TM reduction.

I think Tarkin is an undervalued toon even in the late game.
  • Boba, Wiggs, Chaze.
    Make Bronzium autoplay opening an option.
  • 5s

Especially when Omegas first came out
  • Before protection, my arena team was Old Ben (Lead), Phasma, Kylo, StHan and Vader.

Oh how times have changed :D
  • Lumi and Ezra. I used to think Lumi could hit like a mac truck even though she was a healer. When I first started I had no Idea what I was getting into and the GMY event was out so I wanted to build up Jedi even when they were terrible a little over a year ago. Then I got GMY to 7* right when they reworked him...it was awesome.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    QGJ, the only viable dispeller at the time.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Back in the day healing mattered - so Daka - but specifically Lumi was tops. Especially Lumi - she worked the "1st evasion meta" wonderfully though Ben was probably better.

She hit decently hard, was hard to hit, AB'd which was all it took back then to shut down a team, and then her heal gave you a schwing when it mattered... because it mattered! Even the much vaunted Fives (which people complained about endlessly then) wasn't a match (though it could still be a slow fight... attack, counter attack, dodge, repeat, heal, repeat, repeat)

@devs- Make Lumi Great Again (or, maybe, decent) por favor. Maybe give her the treatment and hook the ol' gal up with a new unique? kthnxbai
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • Ephran
    499 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Nihilus. I started playing a month before he was released and his lead was so powerful that I managed to unlock him at 3* even though I was only like lvl 30 or so at the time. Then combine his lead with my favorite character Dooku and Dooku would take forever to die, unless the ol' Wiggs wombo combo got him.
  • Luminara. I started when Phoenix was just coming out, and her leadership ability was the only thing that got me through most of those early LS battles. She was also my first 7 star character. Going alone against the AAT was a laugh.
  • 5s

Especially when Omegas first came out

this. had him max gear (at the time) and he could take down teams 1v3 as long as you got the healer out of the way.
  • STH

I was one of the first ppl on my shard to realize the importance of speed mods (while the others were going for HP/protection or crit dmg mods with offense). Even used Lando lead instead of Wedge for the additional speed boost. Barely dropped at all on the ladder, good old times :smiley:
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Boba. Hard to remember a time when he wasn't in my arena team.

These days he's in a full Bounty Hunter squad but he used to provide vital crowd control to my Wiggs Rebel squad.

His Squish 1 was also an important part of my fleet for a long time.
  • Clone Sergeant. Yup. Loved that guy, but he could never show his potential because he got stat boosts from other clone allies and there weren't any, so he got benched once I got my Ackbar/Biggs/StHan team together. All hail the exalted StHan!
  • Jarvind
    3925 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Phasma was a stone cold gangster. My beastly top-50 arena team for a while was Phasma lead, Princess Leia, Scav Rey, Qui-Gon, and Royal Guard. Full-team 60% TM + Advantage was absolutely brutal, and if anybody called Leia or Rey to assist that was basically game over right there.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Jarvind wrote: »
    Phasma was a stone cold gangster. My beastly top-50 arena team for a while was Phasma lead, Princess Leia, Scav Rey, Qui-Gon, and Royal Guard. Full-team 60% TM + Advantage was absolutely brutal, and if anybody called Leia or Rey to assist that was basically game over right there.

I remember those Scavenger Rey days fondly. One shots all over the place. Was simpler times
  • Wiggs were part of my arena teams in different compositions for a year I think. Wedge lead first, then under CLS. Meta was so much slower in 2017-2018
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    GS was part of my favourite arena team back then as well.

Dooku lead, Old Daka, RG, QGJ and GS.

Stuns and assists. Whenever an assist was called, there was a 50% chance it had stun on basic. A few times I managed to stun the whole enemy team - one at a time. That was fun.
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    I’m starting to gear my bugs for Fleets and realised that Geo Soldier used to be the absolute hero of my squad back in the level 50-70 days.

Who was yours? And are they the same now as the used to be? ( Boba, Lumi, GS for example)

Jedi consular and qui-gon jinn.

Man that was great at lvl 30