TW Matchmaking Faults

Ok, probably already discussed somewhere else, but couldn’t find a fitting thread with search. So here it goes:
Stop the TW matchmaking based solely on GP. This doesn’t make sense. We are currently facing a guild with the same GP, but in our guild not even everyone has a JRT... not even talking about beating HSith Raid.
And with that we get matched agains a guild that has a wall of 23 maxed out Traya teams up. Not even talking about their other defenses...
How does that make any sense?!?!?

PLEASE: Consider those legendary characters in the matchmaking!!!

And please no advice like: use Mace Windu to beat Traya teams etc. That does not change the FACT that the matchmaking logic is faulty!

Replies

• Gannon
    1619 posts Member
    If the roles were reversed, and your guild worked together as hard as you could to beat the hardest end game thing to get a meta character (less so these days, but still) to use in stuff like war.. After all of that effort and coordination, would you want to be penalized for it by ONLY matching you with exactly the same rosters? 👀
    Half the fun of TW is the long term investments your guild made paying off against others who were not as focused or coordinated. Like the scoundrel teams, revans, etc.
    If you don't expect to focus the toon, then tell your guild to focus one of the counters. Don't complain that others planned better and shouldn't get to beat you with their hard earned metas.
  • Gannon wrote: »
    If the roles were reversed, and your guild worked together as hard as you could to beat the hardest end game thing to get a meta character (less so these days, but still) to use in stuff like war.. After all of that effort and coordination, would you want to be penalized for it by ONLY matching you with exactly the same rosters? 👀
    Half the fun of TW is the long term investments your guild made paying off against others who were not as focused or coordinated. Like the scoundrel teams, revans, etc.
    If you don't expect to focus the toon, then tell your guild to focus one of the counters. Don't complain that others planned better and shouldn't get to beat you with their hard earned metas.

This.
  • Gannon wrote: »

This.

No. Following that logic you could match 50 GP guilds with 150 GP guilds because the 150 GP teams “worked harder”.

Sorry, but this is nonsense. You want to have a reasonably balanced TW.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    KyoO1234 wrote: »
    Stop the TW matchmaking based solely on GP. This doesn’t make sense. We are currently facing a guild with the same GP, but in our guild not even everyone has a JRT... not even talking about beating HSith Raid.
    And with that we get matched agains a guild that has a wall of 23 maxed out Traya teams up. Not even talking about their other defenses...

Why don't you make a Traya wall of your own? Why don't you have JTR? Her event was just there.

Your opponents apparently developed stronger rosters. The solution is simple: Strengthen your rosters.

• Waqui wrote: »

Why don't you make a Traya wall of your own? Why don't you have JTR? Her event was just there.

Your opponents apparently developed stronger rosters. The solution is simple: Strengthen your rosters.

Not sure what’s so hard to understand here?!?

It is about FAIR matchmaking. You saying: Why not make a Traya wall of your own is the equivalent of saying: why not increase your GP by 50 million? when you get matched against an opponent with 50 million GP more than yourself.

BTW: I do have JTR, but that is beyond the point here.
  • KyoO1234 wrote: »
    Waqui wrote: »

It is about FAIR matchmaking. You saying: Why not make a Traya wall of your own is the equivalent of saying: why not increase your GP by 50 million? when you get matched against an opponent with 50 million GP more than yourself.

If you are matched with a guild with active gp of 50 mill higher then there could be a problem. But your OP said same GP. Sounds like your guild is not PVP oriented if same GP is the case.
  • KyoO1234
    270 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Mookow23 wrote: »

If you are matched with a guild with active gp of 50 mill higher then there could be a problem. But your OP said same GP. Sounds like your guild is not PVP oriented if same GP is the case.

I know that some guilds focus on meta characters and don’t level up others to get an edge in the GP matching. But that’s just trying to cheat the matchmaking algorithm i.m.o.

All I am saying is that meta characters should be considered in the matchmaking since they matter a lot. More than a few million GP more or less.

I just made the example with 50 million GP difference to illustrate that matchmaking should be balanced.

I know that some guilds focus on meta characters and don’t level up others to get an edge in the GP matching. But that’s just trying to cheat the matchmaking algorithm i.m.o.

All I am saying is that meta characters should be considered in the matchmaking since they matter a lot. More than a few million GP more or less.

I just made the example with 50 million GP difference to illustrate that matchmaking should be balanced.

How is focusing on meta characters and not leveling up other characters cheating the system in any way??

It’s not the other guild or CG’s fault you or your guild haven’t done the same. I have a lot of characters sitting at 7 stars level 1 because I don’t inflate my GP. This game revolves around using resources wisely. You are feeling punished because your guild chose not to use them wisely. No ones fault but you or your guild’s...

Meta characters in the game will change over time, it always has. And a lot of people do completely fine without current meta characters btw
  • Mucro
    101 posts Member
    k0x3torz4lot.png

Just leaving this here. This was two hours before TW was over, and opposition hadn't cleared a single territory.
  • Rebel_SWGOH
    23 posts Member
    edited January 2019

Never understood how strategy = cheating.
  • Gannon
    1619 posts Member
    Mucro wrote: »
    k0x3torz4lot.png

Just leaving this here. This was two hours before TW was over, and opposition hadn't cleared a single territory.

They have no idea what they're doing. Google a strategy...

Pretty much all of the tw metas are event characters, except traya which is raid reward. Those who put in the time and effort get the rewards. They've been clearly worth it for a long time now, and there's been enough time for most players to get em. If your guild doesn't do events or raids, what are you doing? Are you even playing the same game?

And your gp "example" doesn't make any sense or even apply here. Matchmaking is based on gp (Time+money invested) so you're fairly matched. 95% of the time. Close enough to win 100% of the time if you have any brains.

Don't blame cg or other players for your poor investments.
  • Looks like you guys either have dropped some serious coin into this game and are afraid it doesn’t give you the edge and / or want to make sure there is no fair competition.

And I’m afraid you didn’t understand the GP example I gave.

BTW: Keeping your GP artificially low and spending money to get the meta characters (or the characters required to get the metas) is not a strategy. It’s trying to get ahead by using flaws in the matching algorithm.

A strategy would be e.g. where to place which teams / team combinations and which teams you put in defense vs offense etc.

All you say is: Don’t bring a knife to a gun fight!

But unfortunately this is not by choice. We cannot chose the guild we face in TW. So the matching algorithm should make sure that a guild doesn’t sneak in a ton of guns into a knife fight (to stick with this metaphor)
  • Gannon
    1619 posts Member
    Looks like you guys either have dropped some serious coin into this game and are afraid it doesn’t give you the edge and / or want to make sure there is no fair competition.

BTW: Keeping your GP artificially low and spending money to get the meta characters (or the characters required to get the metas) is not a strategy. It’s trying to get ahead by using flaws in the matching algorithm.

A strategy would be e.g. where to place which teams / team combinations and which teams you put in defense vs offense etc.

But unfortunately this is not by choice. We cannot chose the guild we face in TW. So the matching algorithm should make sure that a guild doesn’t sneak in a ton of guns into a knife fight (to stick with this metaphor)

Not sure who you're looking into, but I'm mostly f2p (only bought 1 toon for hstr, spent a lil over the years on marques, but only the one extra star packs. Back in the Phoenix days mostly)
    I can't shrink my gp, I started back when things like jawas were needed for mods. I unlocked as much as I could and got it to lvl50, g8. I'm pretty inflated. 90% of my guild is the same way.
    My point is valid here. If we coordinate and go for event and raid toons, don't complain that you didn't. Get the toon or get the counter. It doesn't take that long to farm it for free.
    And btw, decided which teams or toons you farm and use on offense or defense is strategy, as much as where you put them.

if both guilds have the same gp invested, But focused on different things, how exactly is that not fair to you? you didn't really make a clear argument
    Looks like you guys either have dropped some serious coin into this game and are afraid it doesn’t give you the edge and / or want to make sure there is no fair competition.

Not grinding characters needed for meta characters is a choice. A choice you and your guild seem to all not have made. Not leveling up characters is not taking advantage of the matchmaking system. It’s the simply fact that people don’t want to spread their resources thin. For me, I won’t level up my characters until I know I can a. Form a team with them b. Have the credits needed to get them to level 85 c. Have the mods they need to make them competitive d. Have the gear they need to G12.

It’s not taking advantage of a flaw, it’s called RESOURCE MGMT. it’s not anything to do with strategy...
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member

My point is, that you need to develop a stronger roster, if you want to win. Matching guilds by GP, gives the guilds with the stronger rosters an advantage. I see no problem with this. So....

Go get those raid/heroic/legendary characters of your own.
  • Yeah...whatever guys. I made my point and if you don’t get how matching 30 Traya with 0 Trayas is not fair, then I give up.
  • You are missing the point, So what they have 30 trayas? What exactly does that matter? There are several squads that counter Traya specifically, you have many options to deal with Traya squads.

Your guild either doesn’t care to play competitive pvp, or is misguided and needs some good advice to be competitive. You don’t need 30 trayas to beat the enemies 30 trayas,
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    Yeah...whatever guys. I made my point and if you don’t get how matching 30 Traya with 0 Trayas is not fair, then I give up.

How is it not fair to let the guild, who developed the stronger rosters, keep their advantage for doing so? (Regarding the two guilds have approximately the same GP). How would it be fair to take away the advantage, they have done an effort to achieve (or bought)? Yes, you could get more even matches using your suggestions, but we're not discussing 'even' matches. We're discussing 'fair' matches.
    Post edited by Waqui on
    Yeah...whatever guys. I made my point and if you don’t get how matching 30 Traya with 0 Trayas is not fair, then I give up.

You and your guild made your choice by spreading your resources thin. They didn’t. If you don’t get how you could’ve also chosen their route instead, then I give up.
  • 6prid1hm8r1o.jpg

This is a fair match right here lads... this is what keeps guild morale high and really gets people invested in this mode..
    It's also what Alderaan looks like.....

• Gannon
    1619 posts Member
    6prid1hm8r1o.jpg

This is a fair match right here lads... this is what keeps guild morale high and really gets people invested in this mode..

Your guild didn't even attack, so... Looks like you got exactly what you wanted in that screenshot. Don't post staged screenshots as evidence of "fairness"
  • Well... let me try this one last time.

If we were talking about the PvP arena, I would absolutely agree with all your arguments if we are talking about arena. Top ranks to the top players. All fair and square.

BUT: This is not the arena where you can chose who you take on and how high you are trying to get. This is supposed to be a match between two more or less equal guilds. If that is not true, why would the matching even consider GP and not just randomly match.

So all I am saying is: To make this matching process better the meta characters in each guild should be considered in addition to GP only.

I seriously don’t understand how somebody objectively can’t see this as fair.

But then again it sounds like only the beneficiaries of the current system oppose the change... no surprise here I guess...
  • Gannon
    1619 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    This is supposed to be a match between two more or less equal guilds. If that is not true, why would the matching even consider GP and not just randomly match.

So all I am saying is: To make this matching process better the meta characters in each guild should be considered in addition to GP only.

You're not getting it. GP is a point value of Everything a player does to progress. Two guilds with equal gp have the Same total amount of progress. It's objective. Thats fair.

Your idea wouldn't work, you just don't want to fight the current metas. What about the old metas? Can you handle a qi'ra team with zalbar, l3, nest, and vandor? How about a jango fett line that can 3 man any palp or sister team. Phoenix? How about hk47 droids? The teams you struggle with now is a totally subjective.

What if I can ONLY use the exact same toons that you have, but I have 150 mods that add +10 speed? What if I have twice as many zetas? Did you factor in any of these things?
  • 6prid1hm8r1o.jpg

That picture can’t be used as an indication for much... you’re guild could’ve easily just put down weaker teams or didn’t completely fill each zone. And it doesn’t look like your guild attacked either 🤦🏻‍♂️
    Well... let me try this one last time.

If we were talking about the PvP arena, I would absolutely agree with all your arguments if we are talking about arena. Top ranks to the top players. All fair and square.

BUT: This is not the arena where you can chose who you take on and how high you are trying to get. This is supposed to be a match between two more or less equal guilds. If that is not true, why would the matching even consider GP and not just randomly match.

But then again it sounds like only the beneficiaries of the current system oppose the change... no surprise here I guess...

The has more to do with proper resource management and with grinding for the right toons than anything else... matchmaking won’t always match your guild with another who has made the same mistakes that led them to be inflated in GP
  • 6prid1hm8r1o.jpg

That picture can’t be used as an indication for much... you’re guild could’ve easily just put down weaker teams or didn’t completely fill them