Sith Marauder mods?

Crackling_Doom
979 posts Member
edited January 2019
I'm having difficulty deciding which mods he should get. His unique is so good and provides various perks that it makes it a bit difficult to determine the mods he should get.

So far, I'm leaning towards Speed and Health mods but not 100% sure yet.

Your thoughts?

Replies

• HK666
    1263 posts Member
    What're you using him for?
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    So what is he useful for? He was released along with the raid, which suggests he might have a purpose, but doesn't seem useful there.

He SEEMS like he should give Sith a fighting chance against Bastilla lead (or any team with GMY). Potency up to the team and bonuses for each buff and debuff. Against a GMY team with say, 5 buffs each, he will have +250% Defense, Tenacity and Health Steal. I think the Defense buff is mostly wasted because of diminishing returns...

His offensive buffs are ok but not great. Say you have 25 debuffs on the field would have +50% offense, crit, and Potency which is good, but not great.

Maybe he'd be a fun nuker with or against a Carth team? Or may be useful against Nest or other counter teams for his TM gain and max health reduction?

Anyway I dont use him but seems like he should have offense and CD mods. I sure would like to hear from someone that uses him. Whats he good at?

• VonZant wrote: »
    So what is he useful for? He was released along with the raid, which suggests he might have a purpose, but doesn't seem useful there.

He SEEMS like he should give Sith a fighting chance against Bastilla lead (or any team with GMY). Potency up to the team and bonuses for each buff and debuff. Against a GMY team with say, 5 buffs each, he will have +250% Defense, Tenacity and Health Steal. I think the Defense buff is mostly wasted because of diminishing returns...

His offensive buffs are ok but not great. Say you have 25 debuffs on the field would have +50% offense, crit, and Potency which is good, but not great.

Maybe he'd be a fun nuker with or against a Carth team? Or may be useful against Nest or other counter teams for his TM gain and max health reduction?

Anyway I dont use him but seems like he should have offense and CD mods. I sure would like to hear from someone that uses him. Whats he good at?

He can ignore armor (on raid bosses), inflicts offense down, gains TM when opponents counterattack, and gains bonuses for debuffs on your toons. He's perfect for P2 of HSTR.
  • HK666
    1263 posts Member
    When he was released I think most ppl decided he was kinda like Fulcrum- good looking kit- but not really effective enough to replace anyone anywhere.

He can be uber tough, but that doesn't enough. He doesn't taunt or really have a way to draw fire to himself. Basically any pvp team can ignore him till he's the last guy and then kill him.

There's already plenty of counters to Nest, and waiting for his 3 turn skill to crit multiple times has got to be one of the longest ones. Especially when Sass can just bypass protection.

He gains bonuses from debuffs, but he doesn't really gain enough to be a threat in pvp. Also, you're probably better off using someone else on Zader and Carth teams.

To me, he seems best as part of a Sith raid team. Problem is, Sith already don't do great in raids, so it'd be for fun rather than performance. Triumvirate + Sass and SiM. Either lead, but probably Traya.

Primary other use is a backline filler for TW/GA. But ppl usually don't farm and gear for the backline.

I think his greatest achievement was giving Palp leads and easier time against Bastila leads with his potency up

But to answer the actual question of modding, crit damage and health. imo.