Farming old republic

Pitt
34 posts Member
I have done nothing but farm for old republic since Revan came out. And it seems to me that the stops have gotten less and less. Example: I simmed 10 battles for zaalbar, got 2 shards. Previously simmed a total of 7 and got ZERO! They are getting greedy wanting people to spend more and more money. I'm a FTP player. And I wouldn't recommend this game to new players at all

Replies

• Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Pitt wrote: »
    I'm a FTP player. And I wouldn't recommend this game to new players at all

Yet, you keep playing it yourself? I don't see the logic in that.

• Pitt wrote: »
    I have done nothing but farm for old republic since Revan came out. And it seems to me that the stops have gotten less and less. Example: I simmed 10 battles for zaalbar, got 2 shards. Previously simmed a total of 7 and got ZERO! They are getting greedy wanting people to spend more and more money. I'm a FTP player. And I wouldn't recommend this game to new players at all

Today I've done 22 for Jolee and got 6 shards and 30 for 10 of T3M4.The drop is around 30%. Yesterday my drop rate for Jolee was 13% (3 shards in 24 tries). And 2 days ago the drop rate was 47% (15 shards from 32 tries). Its just a question of RNG but drop rate tend to that 30%.
  • Any game that has rng dependant drop rates should not be taken at face value or that drop rates are concrete. If that's what you want, then please look towards console titles. These developers need to earn their money so that: we can keep playing, they can keep making a game they're passionate about, and most importantly feed their families and sustain a means of life.

RNG drop rates are a staple of any game. If you made the KotOR toons your #1 focus you could have them all by now easily. This is a game of patience and strategy. But it is a game none the less.

Please try to remember that
  • And it seems to me that the stops have gotten less and less
    Thats just how rng is. One day I got 0 canderous shards, another I got 11. Long term, it probably evens out to a reasonable drop rate
  • I'm averaging around 1 for 10 to get mission. And maybe 2 or 3 for 10 to get jolee. Both are garbage.
  • I'm averaging around 1 for 10 to get mission. And maybe 2 or 3 for 10 to get jolee. Both are garbage.

It's a long term average that's hard to see day to day. Two days ago I got 1 Mission shard for 20 attempts, yesterday I got 12 in 20. It all evens out but those 0 drop days are really frustrating. I did several farms from 0 to 330 and tracked the drop % for myself just to see if it held with the 33% and it basically did. All of the characters were between 31% and 35% over the life if the farm. I just stopped tracking and kept on farming after that. Now I just map out the energy per day to spend for a specific farm to reach 7* by a ballpark date and try to focus more on the good days than the bad. It makes the farm less frustrating.