Road Ahead: 1/31/2019 [MEGA]

Replies

• Yes, by the sounds of it the team that CG will be striving for people to use are Grevious (L), B1, B2, Droidecka and Magnaguard.

Obviously we don't know their utility just yet but it likely will be an anti-jedi squad and unless Magnaguard rework really blows us away, I could see that spot being the one where people can alternate toons
  • So When We Are Getting Missing Revan Shards ; After the TW Locked ? or Falling Down in Arena to the Lower Ranks ? August ?

Soon

Last 1hr 30 Min for TW Lock and Still Didn't Get MISSING SHARDS OF REVAN
  • @CG_Carrie thanks for the response re:cadence. Yes, words matter. Words like “couple”, “few”, etc are different words because they mean different things. Please know that we do read all the words for specificity and hints, that’s what passionate fans of things do, so please do try to be clear going forward. It is appreciated. Thank you.
    Ooba hutar.
  • So I need to finish farming OR (so close to all 7*), Ewoks, the other OR toons, and now separatists. Oh and NS. That's ok, i'm fine with a big long to-do list.
  • HK666
    1263 posts Member
    If the droids don't knock off Revan (i think they will), they'll probably at least be Traya or CLS/Chew/C3 level

I'm considering abandoning ordo for manga. I farmed GG to 7* a while ago just cuz he was talked about so often and fleet currency is plenty. Never geared him or any of the incoming reworks tho
  • Still no sign of the one QOL improvement I most want: decoupling the arena rewards from the clock. What do I mean? I think arena rewards should be based on the highest rank achieved in the previous 24 hours since the last payout, not your rank at payout time. My schedule is ever-changing. Some days I can play in the morning, some days I can play in the evening. If my schedule for the day (or week) only allows me to play in the morning, I should be able to climb as high as I can in arena and get rewarded for that climb, even if my squad falls a lot by payout time. Being able to change time zones does not help, since my schedule is always in flux. Plus changing time zones also changes drop times and store refresh times to make them less convenient. My change would also end (or greatly reduce) the collusion at the top of arena shards.
  • If they are to knock of Revan they will need crazy anti-jedi abilities. If their abilities are not focused on anti-jedi and can still defeat Revan then they will dominate the meta.

If Droids are rock to Revan as scissors then who is paper?

Teams are getting kinda out there with their abilities. We currently have a need for a godly leadership + 3 to 6 amazing uniques to compete. Arena cannot keep going forward like this. There are too many buffs and debuffs and whacked out and complicated systems at work already. At some point the fun if gone.
  • Just a simple question but when will all this separatist rework stuff be going down? I assume this month but has there been any clarification?
  • Soon
  • August
  • Jarvind
    3926 posts Member
    Yotommy wrote: »
    August

Can someone explain the history behind this joke?
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Mrboma wrote: »
    Still no sign of the one QOL improvement I most want: decoupling the arena rewards from the clock. What do I mean? I think arena rewards should be based on the highest rank achieved in the previous 24 hours since the last payout, not your rank at payout time. My schedule is ever-changing. Some days I can play in the morning, some days I can play in the evening. If my schedule for the day (or week) only allows me to play in the morning, I should be able to climb as high as I can in arena and get rewarded for that climb, even if my squad falls a lot by payout time. Being able to change time zones does not help, since my schedule is always in flux. Plus changing time zones also changes drop times and store refresh times to make them less convenient. My change would also end (or greatly reduce) the collusion at the top of arena shards.

Your idea would also greatly increase the crystal payouts, which is highly unlikely. So, not going to happen is the likely answer.
  • SmurfLAX28
    288 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    Rsaetan wrote: »
    If they are to knock of Revan they will need crazy anti-jedi abilities. If their abilities are not focused on anti-jedi and can still defeat Revan then they will dominate the meta.

Teams are getting kinda out there with their abilities. We currently have a need for a godly leadership + 3 to 6 amazing uniques to compete. Arena cannot keep going forward like this. There are too many buffs and debuffs and whacked out and complicated systems at work already. At some point the fun if gone.

I could see a rework that is specifically anti-jedi, maybe works well against Rebels too if you make Grevious' kit limit the out of turn attacks and B2 eliminating enemy buffs and Droidecka likely stopping protection regen or at least ignore protection.This would work well against eliminating what makes the light-side squads pretty darn great while not really having much synergy to hold against traya

GG >> Revan/CLS >> Traya >>GG... It would still be the same where any team could climb to #1 but won't stay defensively
  • Jarvind wrote: »
    Yotommy wrote: »
    August

Can someone explain the history behind this joke?

They were originally suppose to release the AAT raid in August but it got delayed.
  • This Road Ahead is epic. I had to read it 3x to process all of details. Great job with this one—ignore the haters.

While you guys are still finishing the fine details, I offer some insight:

1. The Emperors Shuttle Chase: it states that shards will be released on different nodes. The whole “chase” naming suggests to me (like chasing the Nabbit in Mario on random courses) that shards will be randomly selected daily for us to chase down the shuttle? If so, I’d point out most of us farm cantina for character shards and this would go against your stated goal of ‘completing what we’d be completing daily anyway ‘ — this ship is very exciting though!

2. B1 was mentioned as marquee but Droideka, as released. You also mentioned a greater variety of marquee and legendary etc. If Droideka is legendary (????) any hints on the required toons— clones ?? Are we expected to get more clues from Crumb ??

3. GG — yassss!!! I cannot wait to see the changes this character deserves.

As always this post prompts wanting to know more and more.
  • @CG_Carrie thanks for the response re:cadence. Yes, words matter. Words like “couple”, “few”, etc are different words because they mean different things. Please know that we do read all the words for specificity and hints, that’s what passionate fans of things do, so please do try to be clear going forward. It is appreciated. Thank you.

Oh for sure, I choose my words carefully for that reason. Something I've learned though is that while "couple" was taken literally, "almost" was not. Again, that's because of excitement and fervor, so I can't complain, and I will accept responsibility for it. But this is what drives me down the rabbit hole of having to give ten caveats before I say anything, which gets annoying on both sides, I imagine. Still, I will do my best.

-C
    Senior Producer, Galaxy of Heroes
  • Rsaetan wrote: »
    If they are to knock of Revan they will need crazy anti-jedi abilities. If their abilities are not focused on anti-jedi and can still defeat Revan then they will dominate the meta.

You’re too funny if you think CG has a pyramid pattern in this game, they release a meta toon to counter everything every couple of months now, no logic no sense, it’s EA CG....that should be enough said.
  • My lord the devs do have to put up with some amount of malarkey people complaining about wording, find other things to fill your time
  • My lord the devs do have to put up with some amount of malarkey people complaining about wording, find other things to fill your time

The issue has less to do with their wording, at least in my case. My issue is that they pretend that coming up with a 3 month road map is so difficult. In reality they want to hold off on the road ahead because if they are a month late then that's a month of content they don't need to fill us in on ahead of time. On top of that if there really is an issue with getting it put together it's not hard to say, "we are running into issues nailing down what exactly will be ready by the end of the quarter, but here was coming in the next 1-2 months" OR "he we have run into some issues, expect the road ahead next week." It's super simple, but sure let's get another post from Carrie essentially bragging up her coorperate speak that left her the leeway to feel ok about posting an outline for a financial quarter that started a month ago.
  • Lio
    1003 posts Member
    VonZant wrote: »
    VonZant wrote: »
    CG_Carrie wrote: »
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    Just watched Ahnoldt101’s video and I’m disappointed for him that he wasn’t the first to know about the GG rework as Carrie said he would be. Shame.

He was told on December 30th. We actually told him in case he really was going to delete his channel. But I have learned what to assume so I will never be disappointed.

Beckett quote! Beckett! Confirmed!

So Beckett is coming to the game?!?!

The answer is yes! But no, they have not confirmed it. I'm just having some fun and lobbying. ;)

As part of the small contingent of players who farmed all the SOLO toons and who has a Scoundrel team for arena, can I join your lobbying efforts? #GiveUsBeckett
  • Well done CG! Good call :)
  • CG_Carrie wrote: »
    ShaggyB wrote: »
    Yay finally. Only 3 weeks late.

Now work on the next one. You have 2 months to get it out on time.
    This particular grievance has always confounded me, so I really want to understand where it comes from (I realize excitement at its core). This is what I posted back when I announced the cadence of Road Aheads:
    Communication Moving Forward
    One of the widest communications that we put out (outside of the in-game newsletters) is the Road Ahead blog (like this one), which will almost always fall in the first couple of weeks of a quarter (every three months) and will be posted to both our website and forums. We will add additional Road Aheads as needed, but the idea is that they map out the next few months in Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes.

I'd like to dispel the notion that the Road Ahead should be post on the first day of the quarter. That is not always possible for many reasons. I will post it as early as I can while ensuring the content is accurate and that I can tell you enough to warrant it, but could also move it for other reasons (like getting out of the way of the Revan release).

I do appreciate the fervor though,
    -Carrie

PS. I realize my mother would tell me "couple means two" so in the spirit of not wanting to lean on the "will almost always" clause, let's say "few".

Youve quoted yourself stating 'first couple of weeks'.
    This is the 5th week currently (the end of the 5th week).

5 is not a couple. It is typically 2.

If you want to play the language card, it is also used informally to substitute a few, so 1-3.

5 is neither 2, nor 1-3.
    If you want to say that 'within the 1st month of the quarter', say that.
    You should not get any complaints for posting it on the last day of the month, if thats what you say.
    But if you say 'a couple', you will be held to account if you are 3 weeks late to 'a couple'.

You didnt dispel anything. Either you were (and still are) talkong nonsense, or youre late. Pick one.

You know what, those are completely fair points. I could keep going down the semantic thing about, that is why I try to give myself an out like "almost always", but that's legalese and it is not my intention to be deceptive ever. It is my intention to give myself enough wiggle room for unforeseen situations, but that's where I think the communication gap happens between us, and it's not your fault, it's mine.

I'll make sure to publicly state, probably as we run up to the next Road Ahead, if I don't think I can get it out to you in the first two weeks that while it is my intention to release it in the first month of every quarter, it may come later - our commitment will be to, as we did this time around (learning from last fall), set some expectations that it's on the later end rather than the earlier and keep you guys posted.

Thanks for the insight and feedback.

Thank you.
    You just made at least one new supporter.
  • Madpup wrote: »
    My lord the devs do have to put up with some amount of malarkey people complaining about wording, find other things to fill your time

The issue has less to do with their wording, at least in my case. My issue is that they pretend that coming up with a 3 month road map is so difficult. In reality they want to hold off on the road ahead because if they are a month late then that's a month of content they don't need to fill us in on ahead of time. On top of that if there really is an issue with getting it put together it's not hard to say, "we are running into issues nailing down what exactly will be ready by the end of the quarter, but here was coming in the next 1-2 months" OR "he we have run into some issues, expect the road ahead next week." It's super simple, but sure let's get another post from Carrie essentially bragging up her coorperate speak that left her the leeway to feel ok about posting an outline for a financial quarter that started a month ago.

Do they have to give us Road Aheads ? Do they have to respond to us in the forums ?

Time is finite... I’d rather the DEVs use their limited time responding on the forums about content follow up questions, not semantics

DEVs, more clues or info on Droideka/ legendary ?

Thanks for the communication, faulty wordings or faulty deadlines not kept or not — as those are deadlines you yourself imposed on yourself.

Carrie, you are right, this vigor is all about the passion for this game. This Road Ahead was epic: teasing what is to come in the short term and alluding to the future HK47.
  • Never had any doubt that you will return Carrie. Thanks for the road ahead post. Everything looks great and I never had any desire to farm the Separatist Droids until now. Now that you are re-working GG, can we please have his flagship also? Having his flagship will bring synergy to the separatist ships.

Malevolence!!!!!!!!!!
  • Monel
    2786 posts Member
    @CG_Carrie thanks for the response re:cadence. Yes, words matter. Words like “couple”, “few”, etc are different words because they mean different things. Please know that we do read all the words for specificity and hints, that’s what passionate fans of things do, so please do try to be clear going forward. It is appreciated. Thank you.

Oh for sure, I choose my words carefully for that reason. Something I've learned though is that while "couple" was taken literally, "almost" was not. Again, that's because of excitement and fervor, so I can't complain, and I will accept responsibility for it. But this is what drives me down the rabbit hole of having to give ten caveats before I say anything, which gets annoying on both sides, I imagine. Still, I will do my best.

-C

You are doing a great job. We often hear/read what we want. Something said and something heard are often two very different somethings. We love communication as a community and I know you love to communicate with us. Unfortunately what you say and what we interpret often leads to disappointment on our end. I understand completely why you get quite at times and even though you probably want to shout at the roof tops.

Anywho, great road ahead. Looking forward to seeing it all come into play.
  • Ultra
    11502 posts Moderator
    Since Carrie is still reading stuff,

Any chance that 5 year plan includes stuff from the now defunct expanded universe or talks of exploring that era?
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    Ultra wrote: »

Any chance that 5 year plan includes stuff from the now defunct expanded universe or talks of exploring that era?

That would be the greatest thing ever.... GREATEST

Mara and Talon in the Talon Karrde ooohhhh yeahhh
  • Monel
    2786 posts Member
    Ultra wrote: »

Ha, that's a question that does not have an answer that will go without upsetting a bunch of people.
This discussion has been closed.