Any tips to eliminate GK taunt on revan team?

Prev1
I use ep lead and a top revan has just switch to this setup. I have 2 fights left and want to drop him so I can sit top 5 like I can’t be beat as well lol.

I have issue with force crush initiating taunt. And of course he goes first and I have to fracture thrawn after. Maybe more speed on ep to try to get shock in after buffs r removed but have to work with what I have now.

Replies

• I suggest you read General Kenobi's unique ability description. You don't go around GK, you go through him.
  • Yeah with the countless jedis I have faced really no time for that. But on a revan setup the ability blocks r key so going through will accelerate the damage u take from the assist. But I guess with one assist toon less going through may be a option I’ll try that.
  • I hunt Jedi daily in squad arena and I make a point of understanding my opponents.
  • Frankly, you should use a different team. EP lead is never going to work well against Revan. Also, no one can give you advice without knowing who else you're using and who else you have available. I get around GK by using C-3PO to hit him with confusion, dispelling his taunt with Chewie and killing everyone else fast before he gets cleansed.
  • Easy...
    zjit30dqs33f.jpg
  • I just blew apart three Revan teams today with my EP lead team. He is viable still. The way I get around him is let my Sion be a little slower than their Yoda and Bastila if she is there and knock out all the buffs when they are spread around.

Takes Kenobi’s taunt with it as well. At that point I use either fracture from thrawn or let Nihilus just dispel it with his basic.

There’s so many ways around it that you should just play around with it and see what works best.
  • Frankly, you should use a different team. EP lead is never going to work well against Revan. Also, no one can give you advice without knowing who else you're using and who else you have available. I get around GK by using C-3PO to hit him with confusion, dispelling his taunt with Chewie and killing everyone else fast before he gets cleansed.

That's where you're wrong.

I run EP lead in arena and go through Revan teams on a daily basis.

Seems like trying to inflict debuffs through all that foresight and tenacity up is more stressful than it's worth.

Seems like trying to inflict debuffs through all that foresight and tenacity up is more stressful than it's worth.

And cleansing, don't forget the cleansing

Those must be some rather badly put together Revan teams because that's not really happening in high end arena.
  • Jarvind
    3925 posts Member
    You can get around GK by hitting him with buff immunity or Fracture. Whether you'll be able to trigger savior, then kill somebody again, before it wears off is another matter.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Rsaetan
    36 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    Ep is not touching Revan. Good for you for being in a gimp shard though. Wish I was!
    By all means please explain how you do so, the teams you face, set ups and zetas and your own. I am always willing to learn! Post a video? The odds of you knowing something else no one does are slim but possible.

On my shard, in a sea of Revan and CLS there is a single NS team and he sits in top 10 like a boss. His mods are completely insane but it can be done! He has been there for months.
  • Jarvind
    3925 posts Member
    Rsaetan wrote: »
    His mods are completely insane but it can be done! He has been there for months.

Think you just answered your own question about the EP team, here. If your mods are good enough, any team can work.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• The fact he says a top Revan team on his shard just switched to GK should give a clue about his shard and beating the Revan teams there.
  • Woodroward
    3749 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    Yeah, it's not tough to beat Revan if they don't have Jolee and GK.

Against Revan, you've very few options to "go around" GK.
    First of all you have massive cleanses so you can kiss buff immunity, target lock, shock, and confusion goodbye as a solution, that leaves Isolate and fracture as your only ways to keep him from gaining taunt as far as debuffs go.

Alternatively you could AoE and crit everyone to trigger the taunt right away and then go after whoever hoping to kill them before the crit immunity wears off.

Finally you can try single targeting Jolee to kill him since he gets massive natural crit immunity and GK won't taunt if you don't crit.

You could remod for offense over crit trying to remove all crit secondaries too.

EDIT: Though your best bet would probably to switch to a Nihilus lead against him.
  • Tell him he has the low ground.
  • Tell him he has the low ground.

Lol.

Came her to say my NS eat GK for breakfast. I always go through instead of around.
  • special dmg doesnt trigger taunt, sometimes i can take a key character out before gk taunts then i kill him
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Ep is not touching Revan. Good for you for being in a gimp shard though. Wish I was!
    By all means please explain how you do so, the teams you face, set ups and zetas and your own. I am always willing to learn! Post a video? The odds of you knowing something else no one does are slim but possible.

On my shard, in a sea of Revan and CLS there is a single NS team and he sits in top 10 like a boss. His mods are completely insane but it can be done! He has been there for months.

um, speaking of gimp shards...
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Lethoiun wrote: »
    special dmg doesnt trigger taunt, sometimes i can take a key character out before gk taunts then i kill him

Special damage can and does trigger GK's taunt. It's just less likely to since it has a much lower crit % (and deals higher damage in general to balance that out).
  • So it sounds like different lead is solution I only have ep Vader sion nihilus thrawn to work with. The baby revans have switched to GK as well it’s no longer a one fight thing they all have different jedi set ups with mods.

Their power lvl pushes close to top whales with the best jedi. This is who I have to compete with much easier with Ezra setup my ep seems to be useless lol.
  • Shock, shock, shock, shock. Did I mention shock?

I guess when I was beating the best Revans with my EP team it was a 3 month dream? Lol Isn't true at all actually. EP can destroy Revans just so you know in the future. 😉
  • Shock, shock, shock, shock. Did I mention shock?

Good luck with that. Tenacity up and lots of cleanses means only fracture or isolate will really work as far as debuffs go.
  • Gifafi wrote: »

um, speaking of gimp shards...

Why do you have a gimp shard, because I run NS and (when I am actually able to play) I run in the top 10 on a November 2015 shard, with mostly Revans in the 300+ speed. If you think NS are gimped against Revan teams you need to go back to school, because I love that he is the new supposed meta, because I chew through these guys like Revan was a little school girl. NS are still the meta not Revan, Revan is a joke team.

I guess when I was beating the best Revans with my EP team it was a 3 month dream? Lol Isn't true at all actually. EP can destroy Revans just so you know in the future. 😉

It seems you have a distorted definition of "best"
  • Yeah it seems to get easier I threw zeta on ep for extra protection a few more sith raids will have it at g12 when he dies fights r much more difficult that should help
  • To OP's original question:
    Use Vader's basic on either Jolee or GK to prevent the taunt. Wait until after you fracture Revan (or whoever) to use Vader's AOE. Although don't get used to it sticking, since once your opponents Zeta revan's lead all their toons will start with tenacity up (which is the real reason it's a challenge to use EP teams). Not sure what teams people are using with EP against Revan (I assume EP, Triumvirate, Thrawn, but don't know because there are literally none on my shard), but you're going to have to come up with a way to deal with the very hi burst damage before your first turn (Badstila?) and a dispel plan for all the tenacity up spamming from GMY (Fracture/Sion?). Good luck.
  • Yeah I found fracture yoda as better alternative to GK lineup as without the foresight becomes a issue it has been effective although took a few fights to figure out he is better to fracture with that lineup