Participation and raids

Is there a way to prohibit guild members who don't actively participate from joining raids and collecting their free stuff? A few friends were complaining about carrying a few members, but don't want to drop the boot and get rid of them. Personally I understand, coat tail riders need to be cut.

Replies

• Does your guild complete the raids fairly quickly, or do you struggle to get them done?
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    i don't think there is. you can tell them not to join, kick them if they still do.
    I think cg's general policy is to never allow a leader/offcer to exclude players from participating in anything. It's rather abuse sensetive so i think it's a great policy.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Does your guild complete the raids fairly quickly, or do you struggle to get them done?

Not my guild, friends from an old guild. They struggle with Sith raid, TW and TB because of participation. Haat is not a problem and of course Hpit is a bit of a joke.
  • leef wrote: »
    i don't think there is. you can tell them not to join, kick them if they still do.
    I think cg's general policy is to never allow a leader/offcer to exclude players from participating in anything. It's rather abuse sensetive so i think it's a great policy.

Booting people from the guild is about as "abusive" as you can get, But outside of that there should be some kind of "time out" for poor behavior.
  • Austin9370 wrote: »
    Boot and replace versus attempting to restrict their game play by guild driven penalties

I agree that is the only option, but my pals wanted to be fair. Such Jedi >:)
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    leef wrote: »

Booting people from the guild is about as "abusive" as you can get, But outside of that there should be some kind of "time out" for poor behavior.

It's not restricting gameplay because they can just join another guild. Giving leaders/officers tools to restrict gameplay is not the same as giving them the ability to boot players.
    I've been long enough on the forum to see quite a few players who stuck with their guild eventhough it had terrible tyranic leadership.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • We only have 3 requirements in our guild that can and will get you booted. 600, 100% TB participation and daily discord communication. Since all 3 raids are on farm, we suggest members at least log a 0 in each. Anything that affects the guild as a whole is required participation, so in your case HSTR participation would be a requirement also. 3 strikes and they're out. Sounds harsh but you have to let the guild know you're serious about protecting the active members.
  • They could add an optional feature that officers could decide to turn on/off.
    The feature would boot guild members if they dont participate for more than 10 raids for example or if they are inactive for more than 1 month
  • We only have 3 requirements in our guild that can and will get you booted. 600, 100% TB participation and daily discord communication. Since all 3 raids are on farm, we suggest members at least log a 0 in each. Anything that affects the guild as a whole is required participation, so in your case HSTR participation would be a requirement also. 3 strikes and they're out. Sounds harsh but you have to let the guild know you're serious about protecting the active members.

I told my pals that they have to enforce the rules for their guild, but at the end of the day, they need to make the choice. thanks for the feedback.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Is there a way to prohibit guild members who don't actively participate from joining raids and collecting their free stuff? A few friends were complaining about carrying a few members, but don't want to drop the boot and get rid of them. Personally I understand, coat tail riders need to be cut.

The dev team have stated that they will never give another player control over someone else ability to play the game, which is why even the "prohibited" actions can be ignored.

Leadership needs to make the rules and the hard decisions. If they are not doing their part to help the guild grow, why not give them the boot and find someone who will.
  • Kyno wrote: »

The dev team have stated that they will never give another player control over someone else ability to play the game, which is why even the "prohibited" actions can be ignored.

Leadership needs to make the rules and the hard decisions. If they are not doing their part to help the guild grow, why not give them the boot and find someone who will.

I agree 100% Thanks!