How will Droideka be released?

Prev13
During the Road Ahead Blogpost, I noticed that B1 Battle Droid was specifically mentioned to be a Marquee character, however Droideka was said to be "additionally released". This implies that Droideka will not be released in a Marquee event.
My question is, then, how will Droideka be released if not through a Marquee? Will it be one of the new achievement characters? Another Guild Events Store shipment? Something else entirely? And what would warrant Droideka not being a Marquee release anyway?
#MakeTuskensGreat
tenor.gif

Replies

• Options
    Alijar1 wrote: »
    During the Road Ahead Blogpost, I noticed that B1 Battle Droid was specifically mentioned to be a Marquee character, however Droideka was said to be "additionally released". This implies that Droideka will not be released in a Marquee event.
    My question is, then, how will Droideka be released if not through a Marquee? Will it be one of the new achievement characters? Another Guild Events Store shipment? Something else entirely? And what would warrant Droideka not being a Marquee release anyway?

"Begun the Marquee Event War has"
  • Options
    [insert George Clooney pic]
    Marquee. What else?
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • Options
    "Additionally released" doesn't imply anything about it's release. Droideka could absolutely be a marquee event. Until they release more detail we won't know.
  • Options
    Geonosis-version of Territory Battles, like IPD is the Hoth-version?
    THE SUPREME JAWA OVERLORD!
  • Options
    They stated it would most likely be a marquee and that B1 battle droid will be immediately farmable via new cantina battle nodes
  • Options

God I hope so. I’m so sick of Hoth.
    I demand Grand Arena Elo ratings.
  • Options
    My guess will be as a territory battle reward just like wompa and hermit. That means the full impact of the separatist rework will be delayed until the droideka is unlocked, which takes 2 months or whatever. Droideka will be key to making the squad synergze.

This way revan still gets a few months in the meta and people who wanted a grevious rework got their wish. And I'm hoping/thinking the separatist rework comes with a new territory battle; battle of geonosis.
  • Options
    I think it’s a legendary (high gear obviously, either clone or both Galactic Republic AND Jedi tags, but I think clones) on the 14thish.

Announced same time as carth and Juhani hit the table next week.

(Most) Everbody who hasn’t been playing since the Princess Zody days of HAAT spends a week panic farming/gearing, depleting resources.

Event ends 21st. 22nd is announcement for Darth Malak/Revan on the 1st. (3 weeks after Wave 2 KOTOR hits the table, same cadence as Vet Smugglers and Wave 1 KOTOR for RJT and JKR.)

Panic farm reensues.
  • Options
    They stated it would most likely be a marquee and that B1 battle droid will be immediately farmable via new cantina battle nodes

um no they didn't. for the B1 they said "This includes a Marquee for the B1 Battle Droid"
  • Popoto
    32 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    Options

I really hope this isn't the case. It's probably my most hated way of obtaining characters. I don't like being nearly 100% dependant on my guild to get shards for an optional (and in the case of ipd, very specific) farm.

Though another TB would be pretty cool ;)
  • Options
    Heroic event requiring clones would be good but they said they won’t do that again
  • Options
    bisto_760 wrote: »
    My guess will be as a territory battle reward just like wompa and hermit. That means the full impact of the separatist rework will be delayed until the droideka is unlocked, which takes 2 months or whatever. Droideka will be key to making the squad synergze.

This way revan still gets a few months in the meta and people who wanted a grevious rework got their wish. And I'm hoping/thinking the separatist rework comes with a new territory battle; battle of geonosis.

Whenever they releae a toon the 2nd time round, they are already going to put it out of the meta.
  • Options
    I'm wondering how we will get the droideka this month... It will be a Marquee event as the B1 or maybe buying it in a shop as Hermit or Wampa?
  • Options
    We. Do. Not. Know.
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • Options
    Yes
  • Options
    Yes
  • Options
    Hope im not hijacking the thread but i love the idea of adding a genosis tb! Maybe a simple answer but if one tb is dark side and the other light side, what would the required characters be for a third tb?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Rydia131 wrote: »
    Hope im not hijacking the thread but i love the idea of adding a genosis tb! Maybe a simple answer but if one tb is dark side and the other light side, what would the required characters be for a third tb?

If you dont want to hijack a thread, then just dont do it. This is not the topic at hand. Please let's all stay on topic.
  • Options
    As someone made me realize while "hijacking" the thread, it would be fun if they released him in a Geonosian TB. I don't see it happening though because they will probably want this guy to be a major part of the droid team and ROLO and IPD are more novelty toons compared to ones that strong squads are built around

No way to monetize that though because people will be gearing up and farming separatists anyway
  • Options
    How do you guys think he’ll be unlocked? They didn’t mention marquee, so do you think he’ll be another guild events only character, and they’ll release a geonosian TB map? Or do you think he’ll be a legendary, and who do you think he would require? They’re keeping me on my toes wondering how it’ll be released!
    Tag me if you reply to my comment so I know I should answer you!😀 My roster: https://swgoh.gg/p/842694912/
  • Options
    I am hoping it will be like Jango, a super marquee type thing. But with B1 being a marquee (meaning people will get it at least at 3 stars) and B2 and Magna already being characters that lots of people probably have, I wouldn't be surprised if Droideka was harder to get, some way they could monetize the rework and make Grevious seem more valuable if he has droideka. I doubt droideka would be a legendary, just doesn't fit the trend of legendary characters.
  • Options
    Maybe like the wicket or talzin event, where you need 5 droids to unlock it
  • Options
    Why is this board full of questions none of us know the answers to?

• Monel
    2786 posts Member
    Options
    Why is this board full of questions none of us know the answers to?

Three most popular things forum boards .
    1. Complain
    2. Speculate
    3. Complain when they speculated incorrectly
  • Drazhar
    784 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    Still asking yourself such things? Marquee of course. And almost surely needed for some hero's journey or legendary. They will most likely add ships for them and then have them as requirements for some new separatist capital.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    my guesses are:
    1. TB map reward
    2. Guild event store
    3. wicket/talzin type of event
    All 3 are fine with me, so there's probably a 4th option they end up going with ;)
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    It's an achievement reward. They said more on that later in the post, then they didn't. Droideka was the only character in the post that we weren't told the unlock conditions for in the post. That seemed like an obvious hint.