How will Droideka be released?

Replies

• GA reward, but only if it’s a 3 man team and it’s the second GA to start on a Wednesday after the winter solstice but before the spring equinox.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    leef wrote: »
    my guesses are:
    1. TB map reward
    2. Guild event store
    3. wicket/talzin type of event
    All 3 are fine with me, so there's probably a 4th option they end up going with ;)

I feel 2 or 3 are more realistic, 1 is not note worthy enough to discuss in the "short term" of the road ahead. Or we would need an accelerated TB schedule to fit 3 in.
  • leef wrote: »
    my guesses are:
    1. TB map reward
    2. Guild event store
    All 3 are fine with me, so there's probably a 4th option they end up going with ;)

Or they throw it in the Guild Store choking off a prime gear source. Personally I got tired of saving Guild Event tokens because they've let Territory Battles Hoth stagnate on so long and was tired of looking at all of that delicious gear expiring unpurchased.

If we finally, FINALLY, get the Geonosis TB map I'd say you're right on with Droideka being a store reward and probably Padme as the other side's store reward.
  • I would like to see a character released as a GA reward. Maybe something where if you get 3 wins you get 25 shards, if you get 2 wins you get 20 shards, if you get 1 win you get 15 shards, and if you don’t get any wins you get 10 shards.
  • I would like to see a character released as a GA reward. Maybe something where if you get 3 wins you get 25 shards, if you get 2 wins you get 20 shards, if you get 1 win you get 15 shards, and if you don’t get any wins you get 10 shards.
    No, the loser gets Jar Jar shards, which will auto-unlock him and he is now a forced member of any team you try to set.
    Then people will stop joining GA and not setting defenses.
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Monel wrote: »
    Why is this board full of questions none of us know the answers to?

Three most popular things forum boards .
    1. Complain
    2. Speculate
    3. Complain when they speculated incorrectly

3 is the worst.... all the sith ppl who dominated arena for a year want to be king again and waiting till march seems to be too much to bear....the greed... so many other factions cant always be sith or ANY faction for that matter

I would be happy letting people sit in top 20 unbeatable if they gave us pirates, legends (talon mara etc), more rebels cartoon, resistance cartoon ships n pilots, hondo etc. having char i LOVE> arena rank.... just hope in the next 2-3 years we get em
  • leef wrote: »
    my guesses are:
    1. TB map reward
    2. Guild event store

Hoping for 3.

I highly doubt we have another TB map coming yet, because that seems like something worthy of putting on the road ahead.
  • Dk_rek wrote: »
    Monel wrote: »
    Why is this board full of questions none of us know the answers to?

Three most popular things forum boards .
    1. Complain
    2. Speculate
    3. Complain when they speculated incorrectly

3 is the worst.... all the sith ppl who dominated arena for a year want to be king again and waiting till march seems to be too much to bear....the greed... so many other factions cant always be sith or ANY faction for that matter

I would be happy letting people sit in top 20 unbeatable if they gave us pirates, legends (talon mara etc), more rebels cartoon, resistance cartoon ships n pilots, hondo etc. having char i LOVE> arena rank.... just hope in the next 2-3 years we get em

This , please
  • Dk_rek wrote: »

sith poeple? ha-ha I don't know too many of them although you can include me to them. Most players who dominated arena went for revan cuz they are not sith people but more like follow the meta or try someting new.

• I think it will be released in a new kind of event, for a couple of reasons...

1. While having a new TB map would be great, as someone mentioned before me, no way to monetize that...
    2. Not sure that Droideka is a legendary type character, and if they really do have a five year plan they'll run out of factions well before five years is up...
    3. Putting Droideka in any of the stores again is not profitable, so also a less likely scenario...

Not sure what kind of event it will be, but I'm thinking it will be a 4-6* unlock. I'm excited for droids either way!!!
  • KueChael
    930 posts Moderator
    They said they are exploring new ways, so possibly some way we haven’t seen yet.
  • Droideka wrote: »
    I would like to see a character released as a GA reward. Maybe something where if you get 3 wins you get 25 shards, if you get 2 wins you get 20 shards, if you get 1 win you get 15 shards, and if you don’t get any wins you get 10 shards.
    No, the loser gets Jar Jar shards, which will auto-unlock him and he is now a forced member of any team you try to set.
    Then people will stop joining GA and not setting defenses.

A little unfair to those who come last even if they try
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    KueChael wrote: »
    They said they are exploring new ways, so possibly some way we haven’t seen yet.

x2j25bk4333p.jpg
  • Krjstoff
    633 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    Legendary event. Needing clones to unlock. Difficulty like the Chewie event making it more or less random who unlocks and who doesn't.

People will deplete resources to get clones to G12 just to get frustrated by RNG being the decisive factor.

Then Darth Revan gets released requiring the newer OR-toons, but difficulty will be harder than the original Revan event, and people will have no resources left to increase gear on their OR-toons.

Yay profit for CG and much outrage among the player base.

OR

They could just randomly draw winners of the 7* Droideka based on how much money you spent on the game. 1 dollar = 1 chance to win.

Although I'm hoping more on the first scenario.
  • Krjstoff wrote: »
    Legendary event. Needing clones to unlock. Difficulty like the Chewie event making it more or less random who unlocks and who doesn't.

People will deplete resources to get clones to G12 just to get frustrated by RNG being the decisive factor.

Then Darth Revan gets released requiring the newer OR-toons, but difficulty will be harder than the original Revan event, and people will have no resources left to increase gear on their OR-toons.

Yay profit for CG and much outrage among the player base.

OR

They could just randomly draw winners of the 7* Droideka based on how much money you spent on the game. 1 dollar = 1 chance to win.

Although I'm hoping more on the first scenario.

I've been working on Clones since November thinking this was the likely choice when Seps got their do-over. I'll be honest though, I thought it was going to be December next year with clone wars release so whilst I've been farming the clones, I've not done as much as I wish I had!
    Keyboard Warrior on the side of the Moderates
    I play the game for fun, if you don't like content, don't like the game, then why are you here?
  • They mentioned something about releasing more achievement based characters... maybe Droideka falls under that category.
  • Ultra
    11491 posts Moderator
    Georgemi6 wrote: »
    They mentioned something about releasing more achievement based characters... maybe Droideka falls under that category.
    Eh

Going from Darth Vader to Droideka would be disappointing. It needs to be a high quality premium toon since Achievements farming is difficult
  • Gannon
    1626 posts Member
    Quests would be interesting, but depends on the duration. Can't have something based on events, since they're so spread thin
  • Ultra wrote: »
    They mentioned something about releasing more achievement based characters... maybe Droideka falls under that category.
    Eh

Going from Darth Vader to Droideka would be disappointing. It needs to be a high quality premium toon since Achievements farming is difficult

I meant like wampa or hoda. I thought that’s what they were hinting at.
  • Jarvind
    3925 posts Member

Given how brutally hard it was to acquire Vader before he became available in the fleet store - no thank you, please.

As for the OP - why even bother asking this? Any responses are obviously going to be 100% speculation based on zero evidence. You'll know when they announce it.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Jarvind wrote: »

Given how brutally hard it was to acquire Vader before he became available in the fleet store - no thank you, please.

As for the OP - why even bother asking this? Any responses are obviously going to be 100% speculation based on zero evidence. You'll know when they announce it.
    Ultra wrote: »
    Eh

Ultra wrote: »
    Eh

I meant like wampa or hoda. I thought that’s what they were hinting at.

• I vote new raid character reward, hey Kyno!
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    My guess is with a game update.

Zing zing.... anyone.... hello... is this thing even on?
  • Welp, it's a Marquee Event. That's disappointing.
    #MakeTuskensGreat
    tenor.gif
  • Rojas
    336 posts Member
    edited February 2019
  • Alijar1 wrote: »
    Welp, it's a Marquee Event. That's disappointing.

Much better than needing GG, B2 and IG-100 or all the Clones all at 7* and geared up to unlock it....or having to take several months to unlock it through the GEC store.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    nooooooooo
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Alijar1 wrote: »
    Welp, it's a Marquee Event. That's disappointing.

Much better than needing GG, B2 and IG-100 or all the Clones all at 7* and geared up to unlock it....or having to take several months to unlock it through the GEC store.

Dunno, this way it will take a few months to become farmable and then another few to max presumably from a hard node. The GEC store certainly sounds better to me...
  • Bill0207
    375 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    Its gonna be a marquee event. I found a trailer for the rework n Facebook and there's a screenshot in the comments for release dates for the marquees and reworks. Can't figure out how to post it though. Figured it out. Right below