Rancor Simming

Question about Rancor Simming

Currently, my guild finished heroic Rancor in about 10 minutes. If you don’t start your run within that 10 minutes, you don’t log any damage. We have a 24 hour join window so people can still get rewards. Pretty much status quo for higher-end guilds.

With simming, how will the payout work? Will we have 24 hours to sim and then get the reward? Or will the raid end and start the hour to payout right after the first sim? I really hope they think about it and don’t give everybody 1-3 seconds to sim the raid.

Replies

• I was assuming that a guild officer would select “Sim Raid,” and then presto, rewards in every member’s inbox. There’s no reason it needs to be any more complicated than that, right? But then I remembered it’s CG we’re talking about, so...
    I demand Grand Arena Elo ratings.
  • I was assuming that a guild officer would select “Sim Raid,” and then presto, rewards in every member’s inbox. There’s no reason it needs to be any more complicated than that, right? But then I remembered it’s CG we’re talking about, so...

I hope that’s the case. But if it is, cue the complaints of “why does everybody get the same rewards.”

If they do that, how would the reward structure work? Would everybody get first rank rewards? Or would it be randomized like the people that post 0 damage? I think everybody should get rank 1 rewards to make it fair, especially if it’s simmable.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    I was assuming that a guild officer would select “Sim Raid,” and then presto, rewards in every member’s inbox. There’s no reason it needs to be any more complicated than that, right? But then I remembered it’s CG we’re talking about, so...

I hope that’s the case. But if it is, cue the complaints of “why does everybody get the same rewards.”

If they do that, how would the reward structure work? Would everybody get first rank rewards? Or would it be randomized like the people that post 0 damage? I think everybody should get rank 1 rewards to make it fair, especially if it’s simmable.

They said everybody will get equal rewards. I would consider the chances of everybody getting rank 1 rewards extraordinarily low.

Everybody gets equal rewards, but they haven’t decided what the rewards will be. From the dev post:
    To that end, one of our big QOL features this year is going to be raid simming. If a guild has beaten the Heroic Rancor raid a certain number of times and a (to be determined) number of guild members have Han Solo at 7*, the guild will be able to sim completion of the Rancor Raid and all guild members will receive equal rewards. While we are still tuning the exact rewards...
  • In my guild we run themed pit raids. Sometimes focusing on specific teams we want to boost (ie imp troopers) otherwise fun stuff like blasters only, no hair, died in OT.
    We sometimes also field our five weakest toons followed by the next five and so on until it’s down.

The few individuals who don’t have 7* han can ignore the theme

As the rewards are basically pants it can be a fun way to keep engaging with pit
  • I think reasonable rewards is anywhere from rank 10-20. Preferably 10-15 range. Anything less would be disappointing and could consider just ignoring the feature.
  • They also said people can still play through the raid if they wish. So for me that means an officer can't sim the raid for the entire guild. I'd imagine the raid will get launched with a timed window to be completed in e.g. 24hrs. During that window members can play it or sim it, whichever they choose. Rewards will probably show up after the end of the timed window. Just my take on it.
  • bisto_760 wrote: »
    They also said people can still play through the raid if they wish. So for me that means an officer can't sim the raid for the entire guild. I'd imagine the raid will get launched with a timed window to be completed in e.g. 24hrs. During that window members can play it or sim it, whichever they choose. Rewards will probably show up after the end of the timed window. Just my take on it.

Yeah, they said that, and it’s kinda confusing. Not sure whether they meant the officers can decide whether or not to sim it for everybody, or that every player gets to decide whether to play it or sim it themselves. Why can’t they just write clear posts?
  • bisto_760 wrote: »
    They also said people can still play through the raid if they wish. So for me that means an officer can't sim the raid for the entire guild. I'd imagine the raid will get launched with a timed window to be completed in e.g. 24hrs. During that window members can play it or sim it, whichever they choose. Rewards will probably show up after the end of the timed window. Just my take on it.

Yeah, they said that, and it’s kinda confusing. Not sure whether they meant the officers can decide whether or not to sim it for everybody, or that every player gets to decide whether to play it or sim it themselves. Why can’t they just write clear posts?

Logically this wouldn't make sense. You can't have the option to sim and battle it at the same time. How would that work?

Logically, the officer would choose prior to the launch of the raid whether or not to enable simming. Whether there is still a join period or whatever remains to be seen but honestly the way it should be done is at launch of raid, officer or leader chooses if it is sim raid or not.

If they choose sim, all players currently in the guild will receive rewards, raid over.
  • Strubz wrote: »
    bisto_760 wrote: »

Logically this wouldn't make sense. You can't have the option to sim and battle it at the same time. How would that work?

Logically, the officer would choose prior to the launch of the raid whether or not to enable simming. Whether there is still a join period or whatever remains to be seen but honestly the way it should be done is at launch of raid, officer or leader chooses if it is sim raid or not.

If they choose sim, all players currently in the guild will receive rewards, raid over.

I think you’re right. This is what I said initially. But the dev post is vague and someone up above interpreted differently from how you and I did. How would it work? I have no idea! But CG has been notorious for turning something that should be simple into a total cluster.
  • I guess that means the mythic/arcade/superhard Rancor raid isn't happening, then...just as well. We are busy enough with the other raids now.
  • Everyone gets minimum rewards... something like 6 han shards category.
  • 3pourr2
    1927 posts Member
    DocDoom wrote: »
    I guess that means the mythic/arcade/superhard Rancor raid isn't happening, then...just as well. We are busy enough with the other raids now.

I think the data mined arcade was grand arena. I want first place rewards for everyone as there will be a sim expense involved.
  • Right, we all are short on sims.
    Make Bronzium autoplay opening an option.
  • 5 - 4 - 3 - 2 - 1 - SIM! - brrrrt!
    'Sorry, but too late, the raid has just ended...'
    >:)
  • Vos_Landeck
    1666 posts Member
    edited February 2019

That is something that needs no clarification from them. The Pit rewards all run when the raid is finished so you couldn't have people just individually simming the Raid whenever they want and others running it. The guild officers will decide if the guild is running the raid or simming it. If it's being simmed, most likely it will be a feature that is turned on by the guild and the sim will run once the 24 hour join period expires. As it stands, most established players can solo this whole raid on auto so rankings are just totally random anyway. Simming is much better than people having to try to get in there in that tiny 10 minute window before it's over. This was a Road Ahead post, not patch notes for an update. Obviously there will be more detail when the feature is being released....I don't think they need to go into some detailed explanation of how it will work in a Road Ahead post...it's not like you can do anything with it until it's ready to go in an update and it's not like people are going to plan their rosters or farming around whether the Rancor raid is going to be able to be simmed. Patience is a virtue.