Tw kicks can their teams be removed

Replies

• Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    NikoSWGoH wrote: »
    Doesn't need to be kick related, mistakes happen, people can't read instructions...
    But officers should definitely be able to manage defenses, at least removing some teams.

It's so obvious.

I disagree. However, an option for players to remove their own teams could be a possibility - regarding that it's done consistently and f.ex. also introduced in GA. However, that would be a completely new design philosophy, and there are both pros and cons.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Doesn't need to be kick related, mistakes happen, people can't read instructions...
    But officers should definitely be able to manage defenses, at least removing some teams.

It's so obvious.

That will never happen. No one should be able to remove someone else's teams. That falls into the effecting someone else's game play.

Officers should have the ability to flag a team, and each player should have the choice to edit/change a team placed in TW and GA.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    A guy putting weak teams on key territories doesn't affect the gameplay of all your guild?

If you had to chose wouldn't you prefer to give that choice to an officer? who is chosen to manage the guild.

And it's probably better than comply or be kicked, cause that's the only thing an officer can do.

Me personally, no. If you cant play the game, someone else should not be allowed to step in and play for you.

Either way, the dev team have stated it will not happen. This is why any prohibited actions can be ignored.
  • Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    A guy putting weak teams on key territories doesn't affect the gameplay of all your guild?

If you had to chose wouldn't you prefer to give that choice to an officer? who is chosen to manage the guild.

And it's probably better than comply or be kicked, cause that's the only thing an officer can do.

Me personally, no. If you cant play the game, someone else should not be allowed to step in and play for you.

Either way, the dev team have stated it will not happen. This is why any prohibited actions can be ignored.

Someone placing a weak, unwanted team in defense is preventing someone else to place a good, wanted team there. The argument goes both ways, except in one way it’s always positive, the other way being negative only.
    I don’t understand that argument at all to be honest. Guilds should have all the tools available to them. It’s the very nature of guilds to have rules and enforce them so the group can grow and function properly. It would only make things much healthier with zero downside to give more management tools to the guild.

As of right now the only action available is to kick the player out of the guild (by the way preventing said player to use any team in any current guild event, affecting his/her gameplay infinitely more than removing a team). Really makes no sense.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    JohnAran wrote: »

Someone placing a weak, unwanted team in defense is preventing someone else to place a good, wanted team there. The argument goes both ways, except in one way it’s always positive, the other way being negative only.
    I don’t understand that argument at all to be honest. Guilds should have all the tools available to them. It’s the very nature of guilds to have rules and enforce them so the group can grow and function properly. It would only make things much healthier with zero downside to give more management tools to the guild.

As of right now the only action available is to kick the player out of the guild (by the way preventing said player to use any team in any current guild event, affecting his/her gameplay infinitely more than removing a team). Really makes no sense.

Kicking someone from a guild will never be removed as an option for the guild to have some control over their guild. It is a necessary evil.

Being able to remove someone's teams, can cause similar issues, but is not a necessary situation. Giving a player the ability to remove them ourselves solves the problem and gives no one else control or interaction with your roster/game play.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    icanectc wrote: »
    During setup phase guild management should be allowed to remove incorrect defenses. I don't get why it's needed to drop a defense and it's set forever. during setup we should be allowed to make whatever changes we want before attack phase.

A player should be able to remove them, and officers should be able to flag them, but no someone should not be allowed to remove someone else's teams.
  • Options
    Lmao, who does that
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    During setup phase guild management should be allowed to remove incorrect defenses. I don't get why it's needed to drop a defense and it's set forever. during setup we should be allowed to make whatever changes we want before attack phase.

A player should be able to remove them, and officers should be able to flag them, but no someone should not be allowed to remove someone else's teams.
    As a guild event officers should have authority to remove teams period. That's why there are guild leaders it isn't an individual event it is a team event thus guild leaders should have authority to remove teams to benefit the guild strategy on winning. I disagree wholeheartedly that in a team event guild leaders can't have that authority.

Disagree all you want, the dev team have stated that no player will have control over someone else's roster/game play.

If someone cant play or follow the instructions given, they probably shouldnt be in a guild that is serious about TW.

It doesn't matter if it's a guild event, players should be responsible for themselves.
  • Options
    Leadership should be able to remove teams that aren't viable for TW. It's NOT playing for others, it's fielding the best TW possible.

I'm not saying officers should be able to pick player's teams... but they should either be able to remove them... or... the game should allow for mistakes.

So, I could flag a team and ask the player to remove it.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options

It affects the outcome of the TW, yes, but it doesn't prevent any player from doing whatever moves he wishes during the TW.

No, I wouldn't want anybody else moving my teams around. However, if I make a mistake, the officer can still let me know, so that I don't repeat it during the next TW.

Well, some guilds kick members for doibg mistakes - other educate their members, so that they don't repeat the mistakes. But yes, there's no way to remove teams from the playing field.

• Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options

As a guild event officers should have authority to remove teams period.

No, they shouldn't. Period.

;-)
    That's why there are guild leaders it isn't an individual event it is a team event ...

That's another reason not to let anyone remove anybody else's teams. It's a team event. Each team member's performance should be reflected on the end result. If a team member fails at something, it should be reflected on the end-result. If another performs well, it should too.
    thus guild leaders should have authority to remove teams to benefit the guild strategy on winning. I disagree wholeheartedly that in a team event guild leaders can't have that authority.

They DO have authority. They can write commands in banners, prohibit engagement etc.
    Guild leadership should have final say in a guild event in what defenses are used.

Each player should have the final say in whatever teams he uses for defense. It's his/her move. His/her choice.

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    OmegaIV wrote: »
    Leadership should be able to remove teams that aren't viable for TW. It's NOT playing for others, it's fielding the best TW possible.

I'm not saying officers should be able to pick player's teams... but they should either be able to remove them... or... the game should allow for mistakes.

So, I could flag a team and ask the player to remove it.

If you are pulling back toons that I placed on defense, how are you not playing for me? Part of the game is placing defense, your changing the choices I made.

Yes, the player being able to remove them should be a thing. But at no point should someone else be able to do that.
  • Options
    I think guild officers should be allowed to remove defenses as long as they go back into your roster and maybe those units are just prohibited from being used in that specific territory. That way if you're just dumping garbage teams in the front lines to be a troll, then the officers would have the ability to shut it down, but if it was an honest mistake, you'd still get your teams back with the option to redeploy somewhere else. The devs clearly don't have a problem with completely banning your characters, so what harm would come from simply letting the officers put them back in your roster to use in a different territory?
  • Options

That will never happen. No one should be able to remove someone else's teams. That falls into the effecting someone else's game play.

I disagree. TW is a guild event....not a solo mode. Placing bad teams that totally disregard guild instructions IS something that affects someone else's game play....it affects the other 49 members of the guild.
  • Options
    We won without them clearing the first line they were poorly organised and couldn’t work out the clone and trooper buffs thankfully, I would still like the remove option
  • Options

I disagree. TW is a guild event....not a solo mode. Placing bad teams that totally disregard guild instructions IS something that affects someone else's game play....it affects the other 49 members of the guild.
    It doesn’t affect the other 49 members’ gameplay. It affects the result of the TW, but not the gameplay.

Like it or lump it, the devs have spoken. They won’t give officers the power to remove teams, much like they won’t give officers the power to prevent people hitting missions in TB.

Part of the game is shepherding all 50 guild mates to do things correctly. If guilds aren’t managing to do that, they need to “git gud” at it.
  • Options

You are only seeing this from one point of view...... Nobody needs some trumped.up overbearing guild officer pulling their teams out of tw...... A simple system where an officer can politely reach out and have the player remove their team would be sufficient.....
  • Options
    BubbaFett wrote: »

You are only seeing this from one point of view...... Nobody needs some trumped.up overbearing guild officer pulling their teams out of tw...... A simple system where an officer can politely reach out and have the player remove their team would be sufficient.....

Talk about someone seeing something from one point of view..... Really your biggest concern is some "trumped up" guild officer? Says all you need to know about your guilds leadership

My guild has great leadership..... I'm actually an officer myself (disclaimer)....

It's very simple, we recruit and screen our members in advance..... If someone makes a mistake, we work together to follow up with them. If they show disdain for simple orders then they won't be in our guild long..... We set clear concise instructions for each territory and expect our team to follow them..... It would be great if you could ask players to remove a team and they were able to.do it..... Not to mention, it's easy to accidentally place an incorrect toon, so the feature would be great for that as well.....
  • Options

Talk about someone seeing something from one point of view..... Really your biggest concern is some "trumped up" guild officer? Says all you need to know about your guilds leadership

My guild has great leadership..... I'm actually an officer myself (disclaimer)....

It's very simple, we recruit and screen our members in advance..... If someone makes a mistake, we work together to follow up with them. If they show disdain for simple orders then they won't be in our guild long..... We set clear concise instructions for each territory and expect our team to follow them..... It would be great if you could ask players to remove a team and they were able to.do it..... Not to mention, it's easy to accidentally place an incorrect toon, so the feature would be great for that as well.....

Everyone is an agreement that players should have the ability to alter their defenses during setup phases of tw/ga. But to suggest that giving guild leadership the same power to support the guilds goals in tw as unnecessary or somehow a power reach, is.

If you are an officer you know there will always be real life events that might prevent players from undoing a defense in time. Giving the guild leadership this Power helps in that. I can't for the life of me understand why this is so divisive. Are people really that worried the guild leadership is gonna sabotage their own efforts in tw? Gimme a break. If that happens just change guilds it's not a guild you likely wanna be in anyway.

Giving someone else arbitrary power to remove your teams is straight up wrong...... Tw is a guild / team event, not an individual one...... Allowing one person to control what gets out down would be ridiculous...... It's not rocket surgery, set good criteria for each zone and ensure folks follow it...... Giving one or two people control over everything 50 people set is a recipe for disaster and takes away from everyone's participation.....

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

Everyone is an agreement that players should have the ability to alter their defenses during setup phases of tw/ga. But to suggest that giving guild leadership the same power to support the guilds goals in tw as unnecessary or somehow a power reach, is.

If you are an officer you know there will always be real life events that might prevent players from undoing a defense in time. Giving the guild leadership this Power helps in that. I can't for the life of me understand why this is so divisive. Are people really that worried the guild leadership is gonna sabotage their own efforts in tw? Gimme a break. If that happens just change guilds it's not a guild you likely wanna be in anyway.

Giving someone else arbitrary power to remove your teams is straight up wrong...... Tw is a guild / team event, not an individual one...... Allowing one person to control what gets out down would be ridiculous...... It's not rocket surgery, set good criteria for each zone and ensure folks follow it...... Giving one or two people control over everything 50 people set is a recipe for disaster and takes away from everyone's participation.....

You haven't made one legitimate argument as to why giving guilds leadership this ability is a bad thing. ....

Could be be abused sure

You haven't made one legitimate argument as to why giving guilds leadership this ability is a bad thing. You are just saying it's disaster with zero proof that such a thing would be harmful to players and the guild overall. Assuming leaders are somehow interested in sabotage is ridiculous.

Could be be abused sure but as you and others pointed out if you don't like what the leadership is doing in tw then that's probably not the right guild for you. That's not a argument to implement something that can if used correctly benefit the entire guild.

Then isnt the current argument of why they dont need that power: if you dont like what someone is doing then they are probably not the right fit for your guild.

Just a few other ideas beyond the possibility of abuse.

- removal of defensive teams could cause a player to not gain points and therefore not "participate" and get 0 rewards.
    - guilds with minimal communication could have issues conveying information to a player and removing the teams may seem like a solution but doesnt actually fix the problem. The whole teach a man to fish argument.
    - it's just not necessary. We are here to play the game, if someone feels that strongly about the TW setup and others do not, there is a mismatch of ideals and that root cause should be addressed.
    - there are better ways to help solve the problem and not ever have someone else involved in another's roster. It seems like a good line not to cross and it doesnt need to be.
  • Options
    super_ro wrote: »
    No they definitely weren’t from the other guild but we’re now adding more to defence as instead of 100k teams we have 30k geo soldier leads it took seconds for them to deploy it all looked fine we are invite only but they just turned, I’m asking for a report player or remove what they’ve deployed as ten teams like that can ruin a Tw

U need to add some punctuation, it’s hard to read the first part

So u are invite only but u have ppl ruining ur tw?

The irony of you correcting the lack of punctuation is striking. This made my night.