Rancor simming. What tier rewards?

Replies

• I’m a guild officer and we have a 24 hour no damage period if you have 7* Han and then it’s a free for all. The guild leader and officers try to enforce that rule so those who are trying to get him to 7* at least put the effort into the raid.

If the auto sim rewards were too low then the guild would likely lose a lot of interest in the raid, I miss taking part in the raid and I encourage the other members to try and get higher up the rankings. If you have a reasonable sim reward then it would have to be a top 3 award payout, we can knock the Pit out by playing it in less than ten minutes so a sim button wouldn’t save a huge amount of guild time if the rewards were weak.
  • hotdeaths
    152 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    No_Try wrote: »
    hotdeaths wrote: »
    Maybe it could be based on GP?

Do you want to be lynched? xD

Oops I meant Galactic Power hehe
  • Blackbeardpepe
    1481 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    Top 3 rewards or there will be too many complaining after it's released.
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    Kyno wrote: »
    ShaggyB wrote: »
    I feel like this. if i press sim on any other place in this game, i get the 3 star reward that i would get for doing it.

Example in the omega event i get my omega, in credit heist i get my credits.

In this case most of my guild doesnt participate in that raid. Just join and let others auto it.

So i would expect first... i would settle for top 3 as the odds of getting them amongst the 6 of us that auto it is 50%.

Anything less than top 3 would not be worth the sim ticket as i can get a reasonable payout with hitting auto and going and fixing coffee

Do the other 44 members get a say? I'm pretty sure they would prefer everyone gets top 10 (or somewhere around there) than you get top 6 all the time.

This is why I feel they will make them good enough the group will want to sim, but those that have been autoing it will feel a little let down.

If I’m an officer in that guild the ones who never do the raid don’t get a vote.
    They do get a vote. They can vote with their feet.

If the reward for simming is top 10 prize. Everyone who doesn't do the raid will feel cheated as the officers chose that they would get less than what they would for simming the raid.

If the officers don't address this they will leave.
  • Madlax
    119 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    How about individual sims? Raid stays open for 24h before the fight starts and every member can either sim the best reward they previously reached or post damage as usual after the first 24h
    Would be a way for rank 1 members to get their rewards and a chance for everyone else to reach rank 1
  • I don't care about shards and the rest of the guild doesn't either. it's the gear that makes the event still worth doing. If only just barely. If nobody in the guild will get top tier gear then it isn't worth simming as it doesn't help the guild to grow. No growth no reason to sim. Top three reward levels minus the shards or why bother? or at very least guaranteed otherwise hard to get gear. Not pieces or components but the whole thing.
  • Fauztin
    1332 posts Member
    Why not fifth?
    ... they might want to stiffle leeched-on growth for newer players since it means they get raid han waaay quicker now tht simming is introduced.

That’s why not fifth. But the gold box should happen for sure or it’s not worth it. Maybe a combination of sorts. Gold box, 8-900 tokens, but only 5 shards?

I can see your argument, but, the new player leech on rancor is frankly not holding a lot of water, Haat is harder, and the there’s always str, So, rancor being acknowledged as trivial, ie simmable, really should have no bearing on the leech possibility

The number of han shards varies by alot between ranks. It doesnt make sense for a new player who just unlocked guilds to basically leech and sim a few hpits and get han 2.5x as fast as he would have in the past. To us it is trivial, but at the starter ranks having han is really quite a big deal now.

Also, don’t forget that he is a pilot of a pretty great ship, which might now be the go-to option for newer players since it isn’t that hard to build towards unlocking chewie han and millenium falcon.

I could see them giving altered rewards, so less shards and more gear and currency though, but it may or may not happen since it means additional programming work rather than just picking an existing reward tier.

*edited for the “profanity” of a ship it is*

I disagree strongly - Chewie is one of the few Legendaries that takes a LEGIT built team to unlock at 7*s. BHs should not be taken lightly in this matter, and mods make the difference between a dozen RNG attempts, and 400. The ships required for HMF are quite the long-haul farms too. Any new player that can “easily” acquire all of that as a casual side project in time for both of the Legendary returns has gotta be a whale, in my opinion. Definitely a goal for new players - but not as easily accomplished as I’m inferring from your implications.
    "I am a leaf on the wind. Watch how I soar." ~ Hoban Washburne
  • Top 3 rewards or there will be too many complaining after it's released.

I’m pretty sure you will have the option to continue farmng pit raid the old fashioned way if you don’t like the reward structure. It’s an option, not an obligation.
  • Should be at least top three to make us interested. Otherwise, we'll just keep on doing our 30 way tie for first place, because at least that way three of us always get top loot.
  • The ability to sim is likely going to be limited to guilds with the vast majority of players having 7* han. If you're in a guild like that and you're one of the only 5 people to be able to solo rancor, you need to find a better guild.

Everyone in my guild has a 7* Han and we can all auto the stupid raid on auto. So it's just comes down to RNG when 20 of us run it at the same time and all get max score. Why should one guy get a #1 prize and another get #19 when they both put in the same effort and got the same score.

CG Carrie said the simming is for established guilds and i would assume it's meant to take care of the of this very problem since in reality everyone that gets max score on Rancor should get #1 reward every time and not be dependent on rng for a good reward.
  • We should make it 10th place reward, but everyone gets a red box that's random rewards for everyone. I'll be honest, our guild won't sim it if it's below 10th place rewards. The drops in the rancor raid far outshine the haat. I'll take stun gun salvage, furnaces, and mk 7 scanners over 90% of the haat drops.
  • How about this:
    System checks if you have Han 7*. If you don’t, you get lower-tier gear and 7x Han shards. If you do have Han at 7*, you get no shards but get the prize boxes for top 3.

Nope, i want those 10 Han shards from first so i can turn them into shards shop tokens.
  • Personally, I hope all players who can SIM it gets exactly the same #1-A prize, plus SIM'ing would not affect the actual Raid in terms of damage. Those who are unable to SIM it, still fights for ranking, and the top fighter gets #1-B. Essentially the same prize but it's just to denote the difference between Combat and SIM'ing.

Plus it's best that the SIM'ers not take rewards away from the non-SIM'ers.

It's not special treatment, as it would be like GW, once you've cleared it X number of times, you get to SIM it. One has to earn the ability to fast track a bit.

Just my opinion.
    When you're accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.

Started mid-FEB 2017, and not trying to reach the top.
  • Gannon
    1626 posts Member
    So, will it be set up so only one officer has to sim it for everyone, or does everyone have to go click the button? That seems like it would be annoying
    Will there be a way to set it to automatically sim itself at the designated time?
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Gannon wrote: »
    So, will it be set up so only one officer has to sim it for everyone, or does everyone have to go click the button? That seems like it would be annoying
    Will there be a way to set it to automatically sim itself at the designated time?

I think it'll happen at the management side. Each member doing it makes no sense. The raid will either be simmed or played, can't be half of both worlds.

This looks pretty clear: "the guild will be able to sim completion of the Rancor Raid and all guild members will receive equal rewards."
  • All these comments that say it better be third or higher cause that’s what I get, seem to not see a bigger picture. First as others have said if you are one of three that can solo it then you won’t be able to sim it anyways but if you were then I would. You have 2 guild both at 45 members looking to fill out ranks ... you have a recruit looking at both. One guild sims other doesn’t. Recruit knows the best they could do is top 15-20. Rewards are set equivalent to 10th place. Who would get that recruit? Those not able to be on at start of raid or in the 10 minute window... would they stay with the guild that doesn’t sim? Now what does Raid rewards look like if you are running the raid half as often as a guild that sims it. Grow up and use your head. I would not be opposed to that high of reward but you gotta be realistic. Anything above 25 would be an improvement for the guild over all. But, I would expect to see about 15.
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    Kyno wrote: »
    I feel like this. if i press sim on any other place in this game, i get the 3 star reward that i would get for doing it.

Example in the omega event i get my omega, in credit heist i get my credits.

In this case most of my guild doesnt participate in that raid. Just join and let others auto it.

So i would expect first... i would settle for top 3 as the odds of getting them amongst the 6 of us that auto it is 50%.

Anything less than top 3 would not be worth the sim ticket as i can get a reasonable payout with hitting auto and going and fixing coffee

Do the other 44 members get a say? I'm pretty sure they would prefer everyone gets top 10 (or somewhere around there) than you get top 6 all the time.

This is why I feel they will make them good enough the group will want to sim, but those that have been autoing it will feel a little let down.

Again most of my guild joins during the 24hr join period and doesnt even attempt. The few that do wont be happy with less than top 3 rewards.... we compete woth each other on speed for bragging rights and let the chips fall where they may... but ultimately you want top 3.

Thats the thing, those of us autoing it want the loot box not the shard count.

I currently use it to level my gear on panic farms and sith raid teams im building.... same as the tank raid.

Anything less than that doesnt help. Id see your point if 50 played and posted a Full auto run. But that doesnt happen.... so why would i want 10th place if i never get 10th place
  • ShaggyB wrote: »

Again most of my guild joins during the 24hr join period and doesnt even attempt. The few that do wont be happy with less than top 3 rewards.... we compete woth each other on speed for bragging rights and let the chips fall where they may... but ultimately you want top 3.

I currently use it to level my gear on panic farms and sith raid teams im building.... same as the tank raid.

Anything less than that doesnt help. Id see your point if 50 played and posted a Full auto run. But that doesnt happen.... so why would i want 10th place if i never get 10th place

Anything less theoretically doesn't help you as much as what you get from autoing, because of the number of people who don't currently bother. But right now there's a total universe of rewards from 1 to 50 (assuming your guild is full); an average reward total can be figured out (and will definitely be less than top 3). If the prize for simming is higher than the average, it helps your guild more than letting people auto the raid. Helping the guild in total helps with guild events -- tb/tw, building up to complete raids if you're not farming things like sith already.
    Fauztin wrote: »
    I disagree strongly - Chewie is one of the few Legendaries that takes a LEGIT built team to unlock at 7*s. BHs should not be taken lightly in this matter, and mods make the difference between a dozen RNG attempts, and 400. The ships required for HMF are quite the long-haul farms too. Any new player that can “easily” acquire all of that as a casual side project in time for both of the Legendary returns has gotta be a whale, in my opinion. Definitely a goal for new players - but not as easily accomplished as I’m inferring from your implications.

Chewie unlocks at 5 star. HMF does as well. So while 7 star is far more difficult, and a much longer farm, unlocking is less burdensome (remember that far 5 star is less than half the total shards needed for 7 star).

• Sim Sim Sim I hope the rewards are better than now
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    Personally, I hope all players who can SIM it gets exactly the same #1-A prize, plus SIM'ing would not affect the actual Raid in terms of damage. Those who are unable to SIM it, still fights for ranking, and the top fighter gets #1-B. Essentially the same prize but it's just to denote the difference between Combat and SIM'ing.

It's not special treatment, as it would be like GW, once you've cleared it X number of times, you get to SIM it. One has to earn the ability to fast track a bit.

Just my opinion.

This is good except say the case of a new guild where half the guild can sim and the rest cant beat it yet.

So the real question becomes when is one able to sim?
  • 3pourr2
    1927 posts Member
    Personally, I hope all players who can SIM it gets exactly the same #1-A prize, plus SIM'ing would not affect the actual Raid in terms of damage. Those who are unable to SIM it, still fights for ranking, and the top fighter gets #1-B. Essentially the same prize but it's just to denote the difference between Combat and SIM'ing.

Just my opinion.

This is good except say the case of a new guild where half the guild can sim and the rest cant beat it yet.

So the real question becomes when is one able to sim?

They said a certain number of 7 star Hans will be required to sim.
  • Yeah, if the rewards aren't better than or equal to 10th place, my guild has decided to just continue with the way we do it, rotating rancor schedule, no damage for 30 minutes. That way the people that care always get in the top 15, and their best time of day. It'd be a disappointment to see this amazing idea of a quality of life update to be wasted, since I'm sure a majority of guilds would do the same thing as ours.
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member

Anything less theoretically doesn't help you as much as what you get from autoing, because of the number of people who don't currently bother. But right now there's a total universe of rewards from 1 to 50 (assuming your guild is full); an average reward total can be figured out (and will definitely be less than top 3). If the prize for simming is higher than the average, it helps your guild more than letting people auto the raid. Helping the guild in total helps with guild events -- tb/tw, building up to complete raids if you're not farming things like sith already.

I would agree if most just didnt bother with it. Again if we were all 50 hitting it and getting the same score then rng hit us down... it would be a different story.

But we arent, so it would need to be good payout or whats the point for our guild?

Those just posting a zero and getting whatever comes there way dont care or they would try... those hitting auto can finish in 8 to 12 minutes by hitting auto and walking away.

Simming saves me time and gets me a reward i would get from doing it... costs a sim ticket... so why would i do it if the guild doesnt go all in ever and im not getting top 3 rewards?

Again its really going to come down to what requirements are, what the reward is vs. current guild behavior.

I think i agree with a poster from a while back.... if the loot includes a full carbanti ill be satisfied as stun guns and carbanti are what i need most.
  • To keep the efford of the guild that all guild-members will advance and not just a few it would be good to adjust the rewards based on the guild itself. 3 possible ways:

1. register as before, open the fight everybody who contributed gets the rewards as per ranking (same damage = same rank!!!) everybody who did not fight gets the rewards of the highest rank for zero damage
    2. register as before fight as number 1 and everyone gets the rewards for that rank equal to the amount of players without 7* raid-han in that guild
    3. register as before, no fight, everybody gets rewards for that rank equal to the amount of players without 7* raid-han in that guild

with "same damage = same rank" i mean that everyone who made a solo gets first place rewards. if 3 people made a solo they all gets first place rewards, 2 people posted damage but did not solo they get rewards for place 4 and 5; and place 6 is for everyone.

number 1 might be the easiest to implement...
  • The other thing is u cant sim it if ppl r trying to get 1st place in pit for the achievement
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    Mike74f wrote: »
    The other thing is u cant sim it if ppl r trying to get 1st place in pit for the achievement

Exactly....

Additionally i would also be in the camp who thinks that 50 members getting the same score should all get 1st place rewards.

If we all tied for 1st why is anyone getting 50th place? This is star wars not highlander.... there can be more than one.....

Even the sith had 2 dang it lol
  • Hopefully it’s too 3 rewards. Anything less than top ten definitely won’t be worth it imo. I’ll miss rancor if my guild decides to sim it though. Right now we do a “champion” period where a faction is randomly chosen and you get to use one toon from that faction to do as much damage as possible. Highest damage at the end of that phase solos the raid. I have a lot of fun trying out random toons in the champ phase. Honestly I just wish they would make a new tier of rancor that just goes on until you die and gives rewards based on damage dealt or waves survived.
  • Gannon
    1626 posts Member
    Thinking about it now, I think sim rewards should prolly be better than the normal first place rewards.. As you will need a guild full of 7* Hans already most likely (or maybe like 40/50 minimum) so at that point you have mastered the event, and should get better than the norm, right? I mean it's kind of a joke at this point anyway, there's so many teams and even single toons that solo it. Kind of a midway point between heroic and eventual mythic tiers.

When they release a mythic version, that will be fun.. But until then we can just sim the outdated raging pig thing.

(I wonder how many Sims it'll take...)
  • Gannon wrote: »
    Thinking about it now, I think sim rewards should prolly be better than the normal first place rewards.. As you will need a guild full of 7* Hans already most likely (or maybe like 40/50 minimum) so at that point you have mastered the event, and should get better than the norm, right? I mean it's kind of a joke at this point anyway, there's so many teams and even single toons that solo it. Kind of a midway point between heroic and eventual mythic tiers.

When they release a mythic version, that will be fun.. But until then we can just sim the outdated raging pig thing.

(I wonder how many Sims it'll take...)

Now you are dreaming lol, nice wishful thinking tho
  • The way I read it is there are conditions that need to be met before a hpit can be simmed, those being a guild playing in enough times and probably all members having raid han at 7*.
    They also said all members will get the same rewards, basically if we qualify, we all get 1st place. It makes sense since the hpit is basically a farmed raid. I doubt there are many people out there who can't beat it.