Game changers

It appears the Game Changers program is in Limbo and we have some conflicting info coming from different point of views about the turn that this game is taking.

Anhalt / cubs fan Han / smithie D seem to be on the edge and very angry at CG. We can say whatever we want from the GC, the truth is that thy are clearly a prime source of info for many players.

I am playing since Dec 15 and it is true that the Revan / road ahead delay / leak drama has impacted a lot the good image I had of the developers.

I am not here to criticise or whining but I would say to the devs : keep your player base in the loop because they will find out what is happening anyway.

A little clarity would be better than a five years plan.

Replies

• Without sounding horrible i didnt know smithie d was even around still i have seen a video from him for quite some time
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Germi wrote: »
    I am not here to criticise or whining but I would say to the devs : keep your player base in the loop because they will find out what is happening anyway.

I'm sorry, I dont quite get what you are saying here. Are you suggesting they dint do anything about leaks, or they shouldnt care?

You realize they have bosses, even the bosses have bosses. There are legal implications involved, and other agreements that could be, being violated.

They do what they can to get the information out there and Carrie commented a few times about the Road Ahead, here is one that seems to strike kind of true:
    Something I've learned though is that while "couple" was taken literally, "almost" was not.

The general statment made about the release of information was cherry picked to be used against them, and even though they gave us multiple statements it was going to be late, some choose not to accept that things can and will happen that can delay things.
  • Germi
    553 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    Oh i know @Kyno that they have bosses etc ... it is just that the game is clearly changing since the Revan thing and I am worried on the direction it is heading to (I quit MSF because of the level of P2P required).

After the delay we had on the road Ahead in Oct / November I would have expected some clarifications and maybe even some Q&A but nothing happened really. And now I am reading some weird stuff from the game changers program.

Maybe as an old player I am used to a more steady pace in the communication and this is entirely my fault. But Q&A was actually a good idea.

EDIT : I found the 5 years plan comment pretty disturbing too as I am not sure what it means and it appeared to me like a way to keep the base confortable in spending.
    Sorry for my English ... I am French.

Edit : you moved the thread @Kyno ? I don’t think that debating is wrong in General
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    I wont hold being French against you, just dont hold it against me that I'm American :wink:

Every time there is a leak, the GC program goes into limbo. This game is one of the few EA games that has this much community involvement on the development side. It takes a lot of red tape to keep those things going and each time something like this happens it probably causes waves. It doesnt matter the source(I dont want to sound like I am blaming them).

I think many players misunderstand the implications of leaks and how it can damage the game and the elements that give the dev team direct feedback before elements are released to the player base. It's not something they can just ignore or let slide. They do a lot to keep us "in the loop", but it will never be enough for the player base.
  • Kyno wrote: »

I'm sorry, I dont quite get what you are saying here. Are you suggesting they dint do anything about leaks, or they shouldnt care?

You realize they have bosses, even the bosses have bosses. There are legal implications involved, and other agreements that could be, being violated.

They do what they can to get the information out there and Carrie commented a few times about the Road Ahead, here is one that seems to strike kind of true:
    Something I've learned though is that while "couple" was taken literally, "almost" was not.

The general statment made about the release of information was cherry picked to be used against them, and even though they gave us multiple statements it was going to be late, some choose not to accept that things can and will happen that can delay things.

People will blame the devs no matter what. The whole communication thing is just something to latch onto, it’s not a real issue. They can communicate all they want, people will just complain then if they don’t like the comtent of that communication. People say they want to know things early, but then complain when they find info so early it changes before it is released.
  • Darthvestor_80
    484 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    Well if cg ea want our money they should let us know with enough time that we can at least save it to spend instead of letting us know a day before rent's due. I just spent $200 to get revan the night before my rent was due now im flat broke. And was expecting to spend more on sith month well at least it seems we won't be having a sith month now so I'm not completely disappointed.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Kyno wrote: »

People will blame the devs no matter what. The whole communication thing is just something to latch onto, it’s not a real issue. They can communicate all they want, people will just complain then if they don’t like the comtent of that communication. People say they want to know things early, but then complain when they find info so early it changes before it is released.

very true, but the leaks are annoying as heck.
    Save water, drink champagne!