Jolee, does 200% tenacity mean 100% crit avoidance?

So I'm just curious, does the bonus crit avoidance equal to half his tenacity apply to just the tenacity from the unique skill or combined tenacity of base, mods and the unique? Considering modding for 100% tenacity pre battle. Can anyone clarify for me??

Replies

• As written, it should be base, mods, unique for sure.

It may or may not (I’d lean towards not, as ‘at the start of the battle’ implies to me it is a self contained ability, before any other external influences apply) also account for team/leadership bonuses to Tenacity (such as zeta Hero on Revan or zeta Bastila/GMY leads).

If nobody has a confirmed answer, I will try to play with this tomorrow in GW and see if I can discover how it works. (Outside of a Revan lead/ in team too, since I also have the hero zeta that would be feeding more tenacity...),

I am currently (all level 15 5 dot) modded for 110% tenacity (3x tenacity sets, cross) with a crit avoidance arrow.

So my crit avoidance is either 110%/2 + 24% = 79%
    Or (as written in description)
    210%/2 + 24% = 129%.

In theory, I could replace the crit avoidance arrow and still have 105% crit avoidance. Or it drops to 55%.

I should be able to get a fair sample size with each setup (especially if I drop R2 in the team to force damage on Jolee).

It’s not going to take a whole lot of testing to determine with a fair amount of confidence if I am seeing, 55, 79, or 100+%.

But if anyone else wants to duplicate the experiment, more data is better!
  • Be careful though, Pretty sure even with 100% crit avoidance you can still be crit. By Bossk basic for example if Jolee is the weakest target or someone like Aurra who's crit chance can climb infinitely in a longbattle.
  • And just a friendly reminder that the RNG seed is fixed for GW nodes so you need to change your line up a little for each attempt in order to add variance to the results.
  • TheJEFFtm wrote: »
    As written, it should be base, mods, unique for sure.

It may or may not (I’d lean towards not, as ‘at the start of the battle’ implies to me it is a self contained ability, before any other external influences apply) also account for team/leadership bonuses to Tenacity (such as zeta Hero on Revan or zeta Bastila/GMY leads).

If nobody has a confirmed answer, I will try to play with this tomorrow in GW and see if I can discover how it works. (Outside of a Revan lead/ in team too, since I also have the hero zeta that would be feeding more tenacity...),

I am currently (all level 15 5 dot) modded for 110% tenacity (3x tenacity sets, cross) with a crit avoidance arrow.

So my crit avoidance is either 110%/2 + 24% = 79%
    Or (as written in description)
    210%/2 + 24% = 129%.

In theory, I could replace the crit avoidance arrow and still have 105% crit avoidance. Or it drops to 55%.

I should be able to get a fair sample size with each setup (especially if I drop R2 in the team to force damage on Jolee).

It’s not going to take a whole lot of testing to determine with a fair amount of confidence if I am seeing, 55, 79, or 100+%.

But if anyone else wants to duplicate the experiment, more data is better!

Please tell me you have more information on this. I would love to know
  • puru
    161 posts Member
    Jolee Crit avoidance is half of all tenacity combined (base+mods+unique).

Also 100% crit avoidance doesnt mean enemy cannot crit. Crit avoidance is negative crit chance. So if the enemy has 150% Crit chance, 100% crit avoidance amounts to 50% crit chance for enemy. Thats the theory, in practice High crit avoidance will drop crit chance of most toons to 0 i.e. they wont crit