TW matchmaking needs change.

TW matchmaking needs changing, your whole guilds GP should be the matchmaker not how many people choose to sit out.

Members of your guild sitting out should not be an advantage this war were matched against a 210 mill GP and were 170 mill, 8-9 people sitting out of the war does not make up for the amount of G12 teams they will have at that GP.

The current matchmaking is just asking guilds to drop people just to win.

Replies

• Fauztin
    1332 posts Member
    Moved to TW category.

To OP: I feel like it’s not being taken into account that less members in an active TW means less teams too. So, quality of gear/zetas aside, they also need to overinvest in their defenses, thus being left short handed to be able to accomplish full-clears on offense.
    "I am a leaf on the wind. Watch how I soar." ~ Hoban Washburne
  • Fauztin wrote: »
    Moved to TW category.

To OP: I feel like it’s not being taken into account that less members in an active TW means less teams too. So, quality of gear/zetas aside, they also need to overinvest in their defenses, thus being left short handed to be able to accomplish full-clears on offense.

Dropping 8 guys doesn’t make up for the amount of overpowered teams that these guys will have being over 4 mill + GP.

Revan, clones in this case plus every other overpowered team, also why should guilds be given an advantage for dropping people? They should face people of the same GP.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    The assumption is they are asked to sit out or this is an intentional action. Sometimes people just cant make it or have RL going on. Some people just dont like TW.

Active GP is the beat thing to be added when this game mode came around, your guild should not be punished if you are busy.
  • Kyno wrote: »
    The assumption is they are asked to sit out or this is an intentional action. Sometimes people just cant make it or have RL going on. Some people just dont like TW.

Active GP is the beat thing to be added when this game mode came around, your guild should not be punished if you are busy.

So then they should face a guild with a load of roster that’s don’t compare with a few guys missing? Therefore giving them an advantage because some of their guys can’t make it?

Seems fair
  • Paulos999 wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »

So then they should face a guild with a load of roster that’s don’t compare with a few guys missing? Therefore giving them an advantage because some of their guys can’t make it?

Seems fair
    So my 46 guild mates should face a guild with ~15M more active GP than them because 4 of us have work / wedding / funeral / vacation?

Seems fair.

Average GP of signed up member would put all these m sandbaggers against each other and would be much fairer than the total active GP that’s currently used.

Seems fair
    So my 46 guild mates should face a guild with ~15M more active GP than them because 4 of us have work / wedding / funeral / vacation?

Seems fair.

Average GP of signed up member would put all these m sandbaggers against each other and would be much fairer than the total active GP that’s currently used.

You don’t work for a full 24 hours or have a wedding for a full war... but either way your point works aswell then match it by average GP, guilds also shouldn’t have this disadvantage because some members of opposing guilds are busy then works both ways.

Either way the current system just isn’t fair at all needs changing and I think your idea is pretty good tbf.
    Paulos999 wrote: »

Seems fair

Seems fair.

You don’t work for a full 24 hours or have a wedding for a full war... but either way your point works aswell then match it by average GP, guilds also shouldn’t have this disadvantage because some members of opposing guilds are busy then works both ways.

Either way the current system just isn’t fair at all needs changing and I think your idea is pretty good tbf.
    I would quibble your point on the 24 hour thing. Some people might need to travel etc for work or attend a wedding in a remote location without mobile signal (I live in Scotland, trust me this is possible).

And anyway, TW is best suited to regular access to the game. It’s not like TB, where you can do all your business in 10 minutes and never look at it again til next phase.

Still, matching by average GP would be better, like you said.
  • TW is probably the less liked event in our guild, we try very hard to motive the groups but when you matched vs 12 million+gp 18 revans vs 3 many traya vs 0 traya many c3p0 vs 2 how can you even think too win ? especialy when you on a 4 losing steaks in row how do you motive your guys ?
  • 62t0tir9r0fn.jpeg

We’ve known for over a year that certain guilds deliberately leave out their weakest players to massage their stats to ensure a guaranteed victory.
    The attached is just a typical example from today on FB.

It’s not prohibited, it’s allowed — it happens.

There is no way for anyone (including the Devs) to know if the guild you’re up against is a casual guild with on a voluntary TW signup, an active guild that’s really busy that day, or a deliberate attempt to win at all costs, including excluding their weakest members from TW in exchange for Raid shards.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Regardless, using total GP for matchmaking is worse than active GP.
    Not all guilds sandbag on purpose, using total GP would however "punish" them all.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Did anyone read the sticky post about how matchmaking works? It compares strength and depth of signed up rosters. Active GP is only used for rewards bracket. It's why you shouldn't be running into 10x more Revans than what you have (unless you have appropriate counter teams). If it's not working that way or your matches have not been close regardless of GP difference, you should post some evidence of that, screenshots, etc, as the devs asked.
  • leef wrote: »
    Not all guilds sandbag on purpose, using total GP would however "punish" them all.

As oppose to how it is now rewarding guilds for people for sitting out it still needs changing.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    MKIceman wrote: »
    Did anyone read the sticky post about how matchmaking works? It compares strength and depth of signed up rosters. Active GP is only used for rewards bracket. It's why you shouldn't be running into 10x more Revans than what you have (unless you have appropriate counter teams).

The FAQ doesn't reveal how the algorithm calculates what the strongest teams of each roster are. It may not take the amount of Revans and counter teams into consideration. It may be purely by character GP.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    leef wrote: »

As oppose to how it is now rewarding guilds for people for sitting out it still needs changing.

I prefer how it is now over using total GP.
    Using total GP won't fix anything and is also easy to manipulaI te. It's just a bad solution all around. If you give it more than a moments thought you'd probably reach the same conclusion.

Using total GP won't fix anything and is also easy to manipulaI te. It's just a bad solution all around. If you give it more than a moments thought you'd probably reach the same conclusion.

Maybe because your guild isn’t constantly being matched with guild 40 mill + GP above you or I’m sure you would feel differently.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member

Maybe because your guild isn’t constantly being matched with guild 40 mill + GP above you or I’m sure you would feel differently.

Maybe that only means i can look at the problem more objectively and that's why i can see it's a bad sollution.
  • No it’s not a soloution but it’s also as good as the current matchmaking situation.

Needs a new soloution must be one where you aren’t hindered by people missing out but it also doesn’t make it unfair on smaller guilds who all decide to play.

This is all I’m saying I don’t think for a second it will take all GP into account, I’m just saying it needs looking at.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    No it’s not a soloution but it’s also as good as the current matchmaking situation.

Needs a new soloution must be one where you aren’t hindered by people missing out but it also doesn’t make it unfair on smaller guilds who all decide to play.

This is all I’m saying I don’t think for a second it will take all GP into account, I’m just saying it needs looking at.

I agree that they should be looking into ways to prevent "sandbagging" from being beneficial. I just didn't agree with your proposed sollution.
  • The top two guilds in my alliance regularly have 5-10 people who don't sign up for TW. It's not so much sandbagging, as some people just don't like it. Our only instruction to people is that if you sign up you at least need to put down good defense teams. If you can't be bothered to do that, then don't sign up.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    The top two guilds in my alliance regularly have 5-10 people who don't sign up for TW. It's not so much sandbagging, as some people just don't like it. Our only instruction to people is that if you sign up you at least need to put down good defense teams. If you can't be bothered to do that, then don't sign up.

I'm willing to give you the benefit of the doubt, but i've got a feeling that if matchmaking ever changes to favour guilds who do sign up with 50 members, those top 2 guilds change their policy in regards to not signing up.
    To be completely honest, my mind was already made up after i read your comment.
  • 7AnimalMother
    2053 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    The top two guilds in my alliance regularly have 5-10 people who don't sign up for TW. It's not so much sandbagging, as some people just don't like it. Our only instruction to people is that if you sign up you at least need to put down good defense teams. If you can't be bothered to do that, then don't sign up.

I'm willing to give you the benefit of the doubt, but i've got a feeling that if matchmaking ever changes to favour guilds who do sign up with 50 members, those top 2 guilds change their policy in regards to not signing up.

I doubt it. Our guilds are pretty relaxed about TW. Then general consensus is the mode sucks the big one. I don't ever see us requiring it unless the rewards change significantly.

The main problem with TW matchmaking (and GA for that matter) really has nothing to do with people sitting out the mode or not. It is that GP is not weighted properly to provide good matches. Higher gear levels and zetas should provide much more GP than they do in comparison to lower gear levels and omegas. Likewise, ships should not be worth the excessive amounts of gp. They need to be brought in line with character gp There is no reason that a maxed Tie Advanced should be worth two maxed toons.
  • We should stop complaining..these guilds in TW or individuals in GA deserve too win and challenge guys who they can beat because they geared and farmed too win so they deserve the win. Too match them against someone of thier caliber would be just unfair because one of them would have too lose.

I’m in a similar guild. We don’t require people to join. We have people come to us because they know that. I’ve almost sat out a few TWs because I just didn’t feel like playing and I’m supposed to be coordinating them. The only scenario that I can see changing anyone’s mind would be if rewards were restructured to include character or ship shards or something as equally enticing. I would welcome it if matchmaking would change, tbh. It might make TW more fun for those of us who join.