Wanted to share a lovely little story...

Prev1
I run a guild and about 3.5 months ago I was diagnosed with Leukaemia which I've been battling since, I've currently been in hospital a very long time. Not looking for sympathy just providing the bit of backstory needed for the good part.

Today a good friend of mine who's in the guild visited me in hospital and presented me with a 'red letter' experience day to go and drive 5 different supercars for when I eventually get out of here which is totally awesome. He then told me a load of guild members from here in the UK, and over in the US and Canada had been raising the money between them to organise making this happen behind my back for the last couple of months and I had literally no idea about it until today. I then proceeded to cry like a little baby.

I know this isn't exactly in game related but wanted to share this lovely little story and show how supportive and nice people can be when you're at your worst, also to show that the social aspect of this game can be underestimated at times and made me realise what great friends I've made along my SWGoH journey so far, I was literally stunned when I received the gift and shocked at how many members got involved to plan and donate to make it happen. It's amazing what absolute heroes people can be when you're at your worst.

Replies

• Hang in there man!
    Nice gesture from your guildies.
  • Just think how much stronger your guild would be if they’d spent that money on crystals instead.
    I’m joking of course, it’s a real class move from them
  • that’s an awesome story! wish you a speedy recovery!! your friends sound OP, hope the devs don’t nerf them :)
  • Love these stories. Get better mate so u can tear up those cars. Lol
  • Kokie
    1338 posts Member
    Might be the most heartwarming story I have heard in a long time! I wish you the absolute best and a full recovery. Indeed your guild mates are heroes and should be recognized for what they did. Stay strong my friend!
  • Awesome story mate - thanks so much for sharing.

I wish you all the very best - take good care of yourself and I hope you get better really soon.
  • Monel
    2784 posts Member
    Thanks for sharing, keep fighting! Your guild sounds like it is full of some pretty **** amazing people
  • That sounds like an awesome guild. All the best mate and I hope that you keep well
  • Hang on there, I wish you the best.
  • I wish you the best in your recovery, stay strong. I would also hope the devs see this. It’s amazing how a mobile app brought people together from around the world to accomplish what your guild did. To all; May the Force be with you, always
  • Sewpot
    2010 posts Member
    You didn’t cry like a little baby, you cried like a man who felt love and can accept it in his heart.
    Never think less then that!
    Overwhelming love is impossible to hold back.
  • Thank you for sharing this needed message. It sounds like you have some great friends surrounding you! Good luck and keep fighting. You got this!!!!
  • This is an awesome story (not the cancer bit) that shows how guilds come together wish you well
  • Nice to see how a simple game can create such friendship and good will. I wish you all the best!
  • Awesome story... remember to drive those cars like you stole them !
    Best wishes and stay strong !
  • That's wonderful mate. Hope you have a speedy recovery!
  • RJ__Brando
    1500 posts Moderator
    It never ceases to amaze me how extraordinary this community is. Keep fighting the good fight and thanks for sharing.

• I'm not crying reading this. You're crying!
    jp0zoVg.gif
  • Cool story. I was thankful for my friends I've made at least talking to me when my mom battled cancer. She has been cancer free for a year now, and I hope you get many years of being cancer free. Sounds like you have an amazing group of dedicated players.
  • Thank you for sharing. A nice reminder that, really, we are all in the same human "guild" together. Best of luck on your recovery and treatment. And awesome work to those who made the story happen as well. Many blessing in 2019.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • I wish you a speedy recovery and thanks for sharing your story! The game is fun, but really it's the community that has me coming back month after month.
  • That’s awesome! I hope for a speedy recovery for you, sounds like you have a great guild.
  • @Tony1Kenobi All our best hopes for you from me and my guild. We wish you a speedy and successful recovery. Your peeps are an inspiration to the spirit of friendship and love. It's wonderful how a community-based game can bring a bunch of good people together. Cherish those friends of your's, and give those engines a good rev!
  • MTFBWY :)
  • We had a member pass away and his wife told us, so we collected 500€ for flowers for the day he got buried, amazing what a game can do.
  • EA_Rtas
    1141 posts Member
    It will never cease to amaze me the community bonds that form around games. Wonderful story and best wishes from me @Tony1Kenobi
  • Thank you for sharing. I hope your recovery is as speedy as those cars you have waiting for you.
  • Just wanted to say thank you everyone for your kind responses, I have been lucky enough to meet some great people so far and can see from this thread there's many more out there, thanks again guys!
  • Rynn
    69 posts Member
    I wish you the best TC, hope you make a speedy recovery so you can get out there and drive those cars. It's great to see guilds stick together like that.