Increased Arena fight length time required?

Now that the great unwashed have all got Revan is it time to consider increasing the length of the Arena fight time from 5 minutes to say 7 or even 10 minutes. Currently in my shard the top 20 is 17 Revan, 2 Traya and a CLS so the chances are that there will be mostly Revan vs Revan encounters which with a 5 minute battle is going to end in a draw 99% of the time. At least if the time gets increased might we get more positive/negative outcomes?

Replies

• How about, nope?
    If you can't beat Revan in 5 minutes, what makes you think you could do it in 10?
    Besides that, as a refresh takes 10 minutes, the top 20 can lock everyone's position with even more ease, and less Crystal cost.
    How about, better mods, more Gear and learn to fight better?
    Or ban Revan.
    Problem solved.
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    Garbageman wrote: »
    Now that the great unwashed have all got Revan is it time to consider increasing the length of the Arena fight time from 5 minutes to say 7 or even 10 minutes. Currently in my shard the top 20 is 17 Revan, 2 Traya and a CLS so the chances are that there will be mostly Revan vs Revan encounters which with a 5 minute battle is going to end in a draw 99% of the time. At least if the time gets increased might we get more positive/negative outcomes?

Are your mods comparable to the other revans.

Is your device relatively modern.

Are you playing the battle right?

Three key questions I ask those complaining about battle length.

I have revan but I havent switched yet as I still take rank 1 with traya and my revan team needs more gear.

The only people I've heard complaining about battle length that I personally know are either doing it wrong, in which case they are quickly corrected in methodoly or are out modded in which case the draw is a loss because they can't break down the opposition.

Another thing worth noting is that the better device you have the faster the game runs. I recently went from a 7 minute pit solo to a 4 minute pit solo by changing device. 3 and a half minutes to beat the top revans with traya to 2 minutes but I did change mods slightly on that team around a similar time.
  • Takes about 2 minutes unless the other side have better mods. So no, to answer your question
  • NasRegal wrote: »
    How about, nope?
    If you can't beat Revan in 5 minutes, what makes you think you could do it in 10?
    Besides that, as a refresh takes 10 minutes, the top 20 can lock everyone's position with even more ease, and less Crystal cost.
    Or ban Revan.
    Problem solved.

How about the fact that in most of my draws my opponent is down to their last toon while I still have all mine. Another couple of minutes would be comfortably long enough to finish them off. As regards better mods/more gear obviously I've no idea where you are in your shards Arena but in mine at the top everyone has the same mods and gear so you're effectively fighting a mirror of your own squad unfortunately
  • Garbageman wrote: »
    NasRegal wrote: »
    How about, nope?
    Or ban Revan.
    Problem solved.

How about the fact that in most of my draws my opponent is down to their last toon while I still have all mine. Another couple of minutes would be comfortably long enough to finish them off. As regards better mods/more gear obviously I've no idea where you are in your shards Arena but in mine at the top everyone has the same mods and gear so you're effectively fighting a mirror of your own squad unfortunately

I used to be in your position but now, no. I think its better that the battle time gets shortened for all revan vs revan matches, so that those overnight top 10 wannabes realise how far away they actually are.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Many players have made it work since the first run of Raven. You will figure it out too.
  • Kyno wrote: »
    Many players have made it work since the first run of Raven. You will figure it out too.

I swear, i dont know who are, but youre always the most intelligent person in these forums and i appreciate that
  • I think we need a 6x animation speed option. Adding time to the clock is not the right solution. I don't like timeouts, but what I like even less are arena fights that take up the full 5 minutes. I like quick 1-2 minute arena fights, the last thing I want is a 10 minute fight in the arena. The timeouts are a problem though, it's not an outcome that should be encouraged because it makes for boring gameplay. Revan mirror matches feel like a chore.
  • Yawansumame
    12 posts Member
    edited February 2019

I think his username sums up his mods. My Revan takes out all other teams in 2:30 or less. I would assume my same team gets taken out in the same amount of time while it's on defense.
  • I can beat almost any revan with traya(my Revan is not ready yet). Beating Revan is, for me, easier than rebels.
  • No, get better.
  • Unfortunately the fact is, you still haven’t figured out how to play with your Jedi yet, because the only other explanation for your troubles is that you’re overwhelmed by the mod difference and it takes you 4mins 30s to get to the last toon.
  • "

"The great unwashed..."? Is that some reference that a bunch of peasants now have Revan after you bought him? And yet you can't beat him? You picked an appropriate name for you sir are truly a "garbage man".
  • Beef
    39 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    Wouldn't worry about time . CG is going to eventually release characters that will counter Revan and mirror matches won't happen as often. Also look at when game changers had thier time extended, some of thier matches took forever.
  • NasRegal wrote: »
    How about, nope?
    Or ban Revan.
    Problem solved.

Ban a character many struggled to unlock because YOU can't beat them?? Yeah that's the perfect solution. Wanna ban everyone else but ugnaught while you're at it?
  • "

"The great unwashed..."? Is that some reference that a bunch of peasants now have Revan after you bought him? And yet you can't beat him? You picked an appropriate name for you sir are truly a "garbage man".

That was exactly why I used that expression but clearly irony is lost on you sir
  • Revan mirror matches should be finished in under 2 minutes.
    | ☮ Scoundrel ☮ | 635-571-985 "Never tell me the odds." BHG Wakanda Forever
  • Nah, it already feels like forever when a match lasts longer than 2 minutes, and lockouts would be even more painful. Last thing I want is to see the “you’re already in a battle” message for 10 minutes straight (or whatever timeframe you’re suggesting).
  • Obsidian_Spider
    2 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    "That was exactly why I used that expression but clearly irony is lost on you sir"[/quote]

No, no it's not. But then why post? For it seems you already have your answer. I'm not gonna go back and fourth with you. Good day sir.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    pls no
    Save water, drink champagne!