Imperial Trooper Endless Ranks Territory War

Prev1
With the possible exception of the Jawas' special bonus still not working properly, the Imperial Troopers' Endless Ranks ability is absolutely the most over powered nonsense.
Our guild put a few Imperial Trooper squads in defence and one team of just 68k has now been attacked TEN TIMES and still has all its characters alive. Imagine if those characters were gear 12 ... Yes, I'm complaining about something WE DID because it's so overly powered that we should never have been allowed to do it.
And even away from dedicated Imperial Trooper squads, what about a squad of four non-Imperial Troopers and Stormtrooper? The Stormtrooper still gets five lives with Endless Ranks. So it Taunts, the opponents kill it, it comes back completely refreshed, it taunts again, the opponents kill it, it comes back completely refreshed, it taunts again, etc. And this happens regardless of who the other four characters in the squad actually are.
Next time these bonuses come up, I'm going to try Shore Trooper (auto-Taunts at the start of each fight and each time it revives) and four Jawas. See how many attempts it takes the opposition to get through that!
It's so daft that I'm amazed the players even need to point it out.

Replies

• Can you just enjoy it? The troopers are beateable.. you just need to use the right team.
  • We had a Territory with 16 squads of troopers. Half were beaten with one team. Could be your attackers were underestimating them, but they’re not hard to beat
  • Our clan GP is 55mil we have no Trayas or Revans.
    This TW I put a Team of clone troopers in the front sector with a strength of 55, It defended 7 times, unfortunatly they had a couple of squads at 80 and completley locked us out.
    Instead of wasting our time. AI could have determined the out come at deployment awarded them the winners prize and saved us wasting a day.
  • They aren't overpowered, its just they get 5+ extra live...stats all remain the same. Not so for the Clone troopers.... 15 futile attacks against one squad of 71k clone troopers to finally beat them. I think players aren't paying attention to the details of the particular TW. Normally, 71k clones can be blown over with a light breeze, but with these bonuses...not just applied once, but the bonus is multiplied PER clone ally.... they are pretty tough...and it take a much higher powered squad to beat them. Not a complaint...just an observation.
  • tonyelogro wrote: »
    Can you just enjoy it? The troopers are beateable.. you just need to use the right team.

Of course they're beatable, I never said they weren't. But they are still over powered for what they are. Imagine a squad of five Imperial Troopers all at gear 12 with strong mods. Can you really come up with a single suad that could beat that in just five minutes?
    How about if your opponents have two such squads?

GeitsTam wrote: »
    We had a Territory with 16 squads of troopers. Half were beaten with one team. Could be your attackers were underestimating them, but they’re not hard to beat

I maintain they ARE hard to beat. They're not impossible but they are hard. Too hard.
    One easy fix for some of what I said above would be to change Endless Ranks to instead of automatically awarding five lives at the start, to awarding X lives where X is the number of Imperial Troops in the squad at the start of the battle.
    Immediately the advantage of having a taunting Imperial Trooper in a squad of otherwise unrelated characters disappears. And also if you attack a squad of five Imperial Troopers and keep pounding on one and manage to kill it permanently, next time someone attacks that squad they only have 4 lives, etc.
    Just a simple change like that would take away a lot of the insanity.
  • Jarvind
    3925 posts Member
    Sounds like your opponents are just dumb. They're plenty beatable, but similar to the "inexperienced guilds racking up a dozen losses against a lone zeta'd Kylo Ren" phenomenon, the other team is continually throwing trash at them because they think "lolz low GP iz teh e-z win."
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Stenun
    851 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    Jarvind wrote: »
    Sounds like your opponents are just dumb. They're plenty beatable, but similar to the "inexperienced guilds racking up a dozen losses against a lone zeta'd Kylo Ren" phenomenon, the other team is continually throwing trash at them because they think "lolz low GP iz teh e-z win."

Maybe. Maybe the specific example in my original post can be dismissed as our opponents being daft. Maybe.
    But what squad would you use against an Imperial Trooper team with Endless Ranks and all g12 and top mods? Just so I know what your plan is given that the Devs have said these bonuses will be reappearing.
    I mean, your guild is already planning for that, right? You know what your guild is going to do when your opponent's front Territories are ALL gear 12 (or even g11 or even 10) Imperial Trooper squads with Endless Ranks?
  • UdalCuain
    5009 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    A couple of my guild took out g12 troopers with zNest on her own, death by counters. Doesn't work if there is Deathtrooper in the opposing line up though obviously.

I used EP, Vader, Nihilus, Sion and Savage against on G12 team, can't recall who I used on the second team I beat. Feel like it was Wiggs, Chaze and Nest
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    If they are op, both sides takes advantage, whom does it best and has the most reserves wins.
  • No_Try wrote: »
    If they are op, both sides takes advantage, whom does it best and has the most reserves wins.

I'm not sure I understand. Are you saying that you're OK with all future Territory Wars with Endless Ranks in play all purely coming down to guilds' Imperial Trooper collections and nothing else?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Your opponent making bad choices =/= OP team.
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    Teams that counter imperial troopers still counter them hard. I beat a full g12 trooper team with very good mods with a g12 team where one character had very good mods and the rest were meh.

I used zpalp vader tarkin tfp and royal guard. Royal guard is g9 rest are g12. Vader had very fast mods. The rest were sub 60 speed from mods.
  • Kyno wrote: »

My argument =/= just one example I made in the original post.
    I did say a lot more than just that one example. :smile:
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Stenun wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »

My argument =/= just one example I made in the original post.
    I did say a lot more than just that one example. :smile:

Sorry I will add to account for your other post.

You not being able to beat a well modded and developed team =/= OP team.

Teams that counter them, are the same that you would always use to counter them. They rely on buffs and gained TM. Buff immunity, daze, shock and any "cannot be revived" attacks are all good choices. Yes this buff may alter your plans for TW, that's the point. They are trying to make less used teams more viable.

Yes a better developed and modded team will be hard to beat, that again is the point. Maybe your guild is being outclassed by someone focused development of a team they like. TW is a long term plan, and you should start working on that plan for your guilds long term interest.
  • Stenun
    851 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    Kyno wrote: »
    They are trying to make less used teams more viable.

I get that. And, unlike how a lot of others seemed to react when the idea behind these changes/bonuses were first announced, I think that's a good thing. I look forward to seeing how my Geonosians may end up being boosted. etc.
    The Clone Trooper bonuses are powerful but not insane. The Ewoks are stupid to the point where you need to make sure you can overpower them but it's not insane. And I will reserve judgement on the Jawas until I've seen them working properly and consistently.

But Endless Ranks is insane. It's TOO MUCH of a boost.

Yes, there are counters. Some.
    But how many revive counters are there in the game, exactly? And how easy are they to acquire compared to how easy Imperial Troopers are to acquire? It's all very well saying "oh Boba Fett can stop a revive" but it's only on a killing blow and only once every three turns. The counters being proposed are not going to be strong enough once everyone starts boosting their Imperial Trooper squads. We're going to end up with Territory Wars were every guild member has a powerful Imperial Trooper squad they place in defence and I've yet to see any ideas about how that can be dealt with as easily as it can be set up.

Endless Ranks needs reducing in power.
    Personally, I'd start by saying it doesn't apply to Veers or Starck and change the default 5 lives to a number of lives equal to the number of Imperial Troopers in the squad. Heck, even one of those changes would help a great deal.

Edit:: I mean, thinking about it, Endless Ranks seems to suggest the idea is to simulate lots of Stormtroopers coming at you. But how can you have endless ranks of General Veers coming at you? :smile:
  • tonyelogro wrote: »
    Can you just enjoy it? The troopers are beateable.. you just need to use the right team.

I mean, if you enjoy it then that’s fine, more power to you I guess. I certainly am not enjoying these insane bonuses.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    No_Try wrote: »

I'm not sure I understand. Are you saying that you're OK with all future Territory Wars with Endless Ranks in play all purely coming down to guilds' Imperial Trooper collections and nothing else?

It's not purely coming down to Imps, you're just hyperboling.

No, I'm going on what you said. And if all you say is just one sentence and don't refer to anything specifically, I have to try and figure out what you are talking about.
    And that's the interpretation I arrived at. If that's not what you meant, I would ask you to elaborate in multiple sentences with direct reference to what you are talking about. :smile:
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member

No, I'm going on what you said. And if all you say is just one sentence and don't refer to anything specifically, I have to try and figure out what you are talking about.
    And that's the interpretation I arrived at. If that's not what you meant, I would ask you to elaborate in multiple sentences with direct reference to what you are talking about. :smile:

What I'm saying is obvious. I'm absolutely fine with this being the case, Jawas were more over the top and they are nerfed (in this template) now. Neither of our 2 matches boiled down only to Imps like you claimed. And we have tons of them at well built state. Maybe that's related to your GP quadrant...or simply you're hyperboling to make a point.

What I'm saying is obvious. I'm absolutely fine with this being the case, Jawas were more over the top and they are nerfed (in this template) now. Neither of our 2 matches boiled down only to Imps like you claimed. And we have tons of them at well built state. Maybe that's related to your GP quadrant...or simply you're hyperboling to make a point.

I wasn't saying it boiled down only to Imps. You said that "if they are op, both sides takes advantage, whom does it best and has the most reserves wins". You said that whoever takes best advantage of an overpowered mechanic will win - no other factor was mentioned. You said it, not me. That's why I was asking for clarification because I do NOT believe that to be the case. But YOU are the one who said it.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member

I wasn't saying it boiled down only to Imps. You said that "if they are op, both sides takes advantage, whom does it best and has the most reserves wins". You said that whoever takes best advantage of an overpowered mechanic will win - no other factor was mentioned. You said it, not me. That's why I was asking for clarification because I do NOT believe that to be the case. But YOU are the one who said it.

Yes, since this TW has it's own specific bonuses, whomever takes better advantage of them (and be readily disposed to do so) will win. Ofc you will take advantage of the "OMG OP MECHANIC", it's there for you to do so.
    It's not purely coming down to Imps
    Yes, since this TW has it's own specific bonuses, whomever takes better advantage of them (and be readily disposed to do so) will win.

These two are direct quotes from you and they seem to contradict each other.
    Do you not see why I say I am having a little trouble following what you are saying? I honestly believe you have just contradicted yourself while accusing me of "hyperboling".
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Yes, since this TW has it's own specific bonuses, whomever takes better advantage of them (and be readily disposed to do so) will win.

Do you not see why I say I am having a little trouble following what you are saying? I honestly believe you have just contradicted yourself while accusing me of "hyperboling".

If you use your induction superpowers you'll see that other bonuses matter too. None bonus teams mattered to a degree, but the bonus teams are the super stars here (with Imps getting the better end of it), working is designed.

If you use your induction superpowers you'll see that other bonuses matter too. None bonus teams mattered to a degree, but the bonus teams are the super stars here (with Imps getting the better end of it), working is designed.

The other bonuses are so weak compared to Endless Ranks that they don't matter.

Look at your current Territory War map and see how many attempts are taken to defeat each Imperial Trooper squad compared to the Ewok or Clone Trooper squads.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member

The other bonuses are so weak compared to Endless Ranks that they don't matter.

Look at your current Territory War map and see how many attempts are taken to defeat each Imperial Trooper squad compared to the Ewok or Clone Trooper squads.

My guild has 45 Imps at built state. You are saying once your guild has enough Imps built, the matches would come to a standstill. I can say by firsthand experience that, this is not the case. And we are even losing this TW. No the other bonuses are pretty decent as well.

Just checked how our Imps held. 4 of them held more than 1 matches, 1 of them 6 times. This is out of 20 that the opponent downed. 1 territory where more Imps dwell they still couldn't penetrate to. 4/20 multi hold standart for any meta team on a vanilla match or even a boosted match like this.
    1 of them 6 times.

Did any of your Clone Trooper squads need to be attacked six times?
  • I mean, I'm just looking at my guild's TW and I'm seeing even our good Imperial Troopers get thrashed. There's a low-gear team in the third column that stopped two teams before being beat by the third, and my team is still up (also in the third columns--I was out on Friday night and didn't get to deploy until Saturday morning, so most of the first two columns were filled) and has stopped one attack already, but the rest of our teams are all beaten in one go.

Even good Ewok teams look like they're being beaten on the first try, which is annoying.

Only the Clone Trooper buff is really helping, those teams are eating 4-5 attacks apiece.

It's a shame you can't see what teams get used against you. I'd really like to see if my good(ish, medium gear but all omega'd/zeta'd and with C3P-0) ewoks were beaten by a super cool counter team, or just brute force overpowered by a high gear team (which is also good--forcing them to use that team on my g9 ewoks is fine!). It'd also be nice to see how many attackers my teams took down before eventually being beaten.

Anyway, bottom line is that seeing you defeated 10 teams on defense doesn't mean that boost is overpowered. We need to know what attackers were used before we can make that conclusion.
    A couple of my guild took out g12 troopers with zNest on her own, death by counters. Doesn't work if there is Deathtrooper in the opposing line up though obviously.
    Interestingly, I think maybe using JUST zeta Nest might work better. Deathtrooper can only Deathmark if there are defeated enemies, so if the game treats empty slots as defeated enemies, then sure, but put some Tenacity mods on her and target Deathtrooper first to get as few dazes as possible and you might be in a pretty good position.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    1 of them 6 times.

Did any of your Clone Trooper squads need to be attacked six times?

p7j25jyu0mlm.png

So? I don't remember being handed out a bonus equivalency proof for all buffed teams by CG. It's not to the point where no other bonuses or normal teams matter, which certainly hasn't been the case the 2 matches I've played with this bonus set.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    So their multi-holding power has been even better than Imps on my side, we have way fewer of them. And it's not like clones are a good team outside of this bonus where Imps normally are a very good secondary team.

iieuahte65qv.png
    ufv21mbtlecv.png
    hzcagi0958zy.png
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    End of the match, this is where they stalled on. Overall my experience is not showing any proof of your claims even one bit.

igcs9dofopsu.png
    6gmumlcnim8l.png