Lets talk about Slave I

Friends,

Why does Salve I taunt? Its an attacker, not a tank. Its a cargo ship, sometimes with valuable cargo. Its pilot is not a tank. Its a scoundral - why would it want to be targeted?

Hounds Tooth is by far the best ship in the game, taunts and can get protection back.

Biggs' ship is a great tank, taunts and can get protection back...and has 40k more protection than my bobba both at g12 and a little bit.

Sun Fac's ship is a great taunt, and can get protection up.

Boba's ship taunts, has low protection and cant regen protection....so why does it taunt?

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    DemonR wrote: »
    Friends,

Why does Salve I taunt? Its an attacker, not a tank. Its a cargo ship, sometimes with valuable cargo. Its pilot is not a tank. Its a scoundral - why would it want to be targeted?

Hounds Tooth is by far the best ship in the game, taunts and can get protection back.

Biggs' ship is a great tank, taunts and can get protection back...and has 40k more protection than my bobba both at g12 and a little bit.

Boba's ship taunts, has low protection and cant regen protection....so why does it taunt?

Because it also gains retribution and has a punishing attack.
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Someone here dubbed it "Squish 1" and it fits perfect for an attacker that taunts. :)
  • Against the current meta, Slave 1 is pretty much useless. With all of the assists Han's Falcon generates, my Slave 1 often ends up getting killed in a single burst if I call it out. Plus the retribution gets dispelled instantly and it can't even counter a Falcon with outmaneuver regardless. All of their ships are usually stealthed too if they have Ghost on the field, so they also can't be countered. The Falcon just dispels the taunt and goes right back to one shotting your attackers.
  • Of 7 ships we field, I use it as part of triple tank lineup (together with HT and biggs).

that way, someone is almost always taunting (despite enemy Falcon's dispel), which takes pressure off my Falcon, Cassian and Ghost so they can kill.
  • Kyno wrote: »
    DemonR wrote: »
    Friends,

Because it also gains retribution and has a punishing attack.

Here's the problem with Slave 1.

The devs were developing Ships 2.0. They realized Slave 1 was average, and with it being an iconic ship, wanted to give it an upgrade. So, they created this amazing reinforcement ability, taunt, crit immunity, and counter attack! However, they completely forgot that Slave 1 still has the stats of an attacker, which means you only need 2 hits to kill it.
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • VonZant wrote: »
    Someone here dubbed it "Squish 1" and it fits perfect for an attacker that taunts. :)
    That would be me. 'Tis a sad state of affairs for such an iconic ship.
  • Kokie
    1338 posts Member
    Indeed....squish 1 has become a relic of the past till the meta shifts again maybe
  • It just needs some tweaks: evasion / foresight, no taunt, more basic damage ... make it a real attacker with a chance to survive long enough to use that Seismic Charge.
  • Kokie
    1338 posts Member
    Agreed
  • Idea - Reinforcement: squish 1 has taunt for 2 turns and foresight for 1 turn. When foresight expires, gain retribution for 1 turn
  • Rath_Tarr wrote: »
    It just needs some tweaks: evasion / foresight, no taunt, more basic damage ... make it a real attacker with a chance to survive long enough to use that Seismic Charge.

Even just as much protection as Biggs would stop me whining
  • Slave 1 has one advantage over a true tank, which is its reinforcement order. The AI almost always calls tanks as the first reinforcement. This greatly reduces the strategic advantage of using Phantom as a reinforcement. But Slave 1 gets called in after Phantom, at a point when its taunt might save a battered KRU or Vader until HT regains taunt.
  • DemonR wrote: »
    Rath_Tarr wrote: »
    It just needs some tweaks: evasion / foresight, no taunt, more basic damage ... make it a real attacker with a chance to survive long enough to use that Seismic Charge.

Even just as much protection as Biggs would stop me whining
    I think Cad would be a better model. At first glance he looks as squishy as Greedo but between agility, evasion and protection he's actually suprisingly durable, with decent DPS and a nice special attack.