Level 67, 27k Arena Power- Do I start over?

So I took a break from the game because it was just getting very repetitive to me and I stopped playing. However I am getting back into the game now and am a pretty dedicated player. But I have noticed that I seem way behind in comparison to the people in my arena. Would starting over be a better option than just trying to hold out?

Replies

• HK666
    1263 posts Member
    Most ppl are probably gonna say so. Arena is a huge source of crystal, so you don't wanna be behind.

I didn't start over when I came back to the game after a break, but that was more I didn't want to farm all those characters again. I was more developed than lvl 67, but not near end game
  • I would probably start over. Level 67 is not that far in, and if you follow a guide and get off to a good start you can get back to that point pretty quickly and then be in a much better position to progress.
  • Jarvind
    3926 posts Member
    If you're not even max level yet, I'd probably just restart. The gap in arena power will be almost impossible to make up, and you're not that far in at all.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Jarvind wrote: »
    If you're not even max level yet, I'd probably just restart. The gap in arena power will be almost impossible to make up, and you're not that far in at all.
    Does anyone know how to start over if I want to?
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    I took a 14 months break from playing my alt. It was in the 30s back then. After I began playing it again I was lucky to end up in a young fleet shard, whuch now rewards my crystals. On squad arena, I've been around 100ish.

So...it's possible to pick up where you left if stars align and RNG is in your favour.
  • I mean, depends on if you want to win in the arenas or not. If it’s not that big of a deal, just keep playing where you’re at. If you want to get to end-game content sooner, restart. But you’ll probably lose interest before that.
  • If you're dedicated and willing to play daily, joining a good guild will help you grow!
  • yes, start over
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    If you want to get to end-game content sooner, restart. But you’ll probably lose interest before that.

I'm not so sure about this. OP probably already has 7* characters and can join a guild with hAAT on farm with his current account. Furthermore, he will reach the highest tiers of challenges soner, farm omegas and zetas sooner etc. if he keeps his current account. He will only have an advantage by restarting, if he plays consistently and reaches top ranks in arena fast - and stays there.

• They can tell you that you'll be better off restarting, but you lose progress. As far as lvl 67 you already produce enough resources that starting over loses a ton. If you want higher points in arena, replacing all your half upgraded toons with not upgraded toons is a terrible strategic decision.
  • Waqui wrote: »
    If you want to get to end-game content sooner, restart. But you’ll probably lose interest before that.

I'm not so sure about this. OP probably already has 7* characters and can join a guild with hAAT on farm with his current account. Furthermore, he will reach the highest tiers of challenges soner, farm omegas and zetas sooner etc. if he keeps his current account. He will only have an advantage by restarting, if he plays consistently and reaches top ranks in arena fast - and stays there.
    So what should I do about arena?

• If you gave up at lvl 67 you need to give up again now. This is a game that takes months to years not the 1 week it takes for lvl 67.

This!
  • MAYOH218 wrote: »
    So I took a break from the game because it was just getting very repetitive to me and I stopped playing. However I am getting back into the game now and am a pretty dedicated player. But I have noticed that I seem way behind in comparison to the people in my arena. Would starting over be a better option than just trying to hold out?

But to answer your question, what should I do about arena? Get Revan as fast as you can. You can farm all the toons in 3 months if done right. In the meamtime get as high in arena as you can with who you have. So you get 100 crystals a day instead 400 for 3 months. That's still workable. You'll be dropping all of them into Cantina
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    MAYOH218 wrote: »
    Waqui wrote: »

If your main focus is ranking high in arena, then either have patience for months until you've built yourself a somewhat strong roster with a strong arena squad, or start over again, and hopefully rank high in a young shard.
  • Waqui wrote: »
    Waqui wrote: »

If your main focus is ranking high in arena, then either have patience for months until you've built yourself a somewhat strong roster with a strong arena squad, or start over again, and hopefully rank high in a young shard.
    Do you know how to restart?

• Huatimus
    3669 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    Instead of restart, why not just create an alt account. You can use the alt as your main if its progress is better and retire this original account.
  • Huatimus wrote: »
    Instead of restart, why not just create an alt account. You can use the alt as your main if its progress is better and retire this original account.
    Oof yea this is a good idea. But like, how would I do this?

• Darth_DeVito
    1233 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    Huatimus wrote: »

You can add a second Google account to an Android phone. Go to Accounts in your settings, tap Add Account --> Google, and set up a new Gmail address in case you don't already have more than one. Then you can sign out of Google Play in SWGoH via the gear wheel in the upper right corner, tap "Sign into Google Play" and pick your new account or switch back to the old one.

ETA: *upper left. The other upper right :smiley:
    Post edited by Darth_DeVito on

You can add a second Google account to an Android phone. Go to Accounts in your settings, tap Add Account --> Google, and set up a new Gmail address in case you don't already have more than one. Then you can sign out of Google Play in SWGoH via the gear wheel in the upper right corner, tap "Sign into Google Play" and pick your new account or switch back to the old one.
    What about ios?

What about ios?

I've never used an iOS device, but I found this guide on Reddit: https://reddit.com/r/SWGalaxyOfHeroes/comments/80o9nu/howto_guide_for_having_two_accounts_on_one_ios/

• Psycosaltine
    481 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    Or you could wait for the next meta shift and be right back in it
    Edirecorrecting autocorrect
    Post edited by Psycosaltine on
  • Psycosaltine
    481 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    Double post
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Or you could wait for the next meta shift and be right back in it
    Edirecorrecting autocorrect

At lvl 67 it's not really about META shifts.